Entertainment One (EOne) - SteelBook Poll - new products [UK]

Which of these Steelbooks would you like to see produced....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi @eonedirect,
I think it's awesome you are doing this and getting involved with the collectors and using this site and I think a few people might forget you don't have to do this.
As much as I love the walking dead @Scary Hair is right in saying it turned into corrie with zombies (zorrie) and I didnt care much for the jumbo steels so it really don't bother me about the continuation but I am aware there is a small demand with them due to the first 3 and collectors completing the set but I also understand what your saying about drive, sales, rights and so on.

I love the fact that lost in translation has smashed the polls and coming from a 28 year old I watched it from when it first came out and is one of mine and my mates favourite films, mostly becuse of murray and him being on point in this film and then adding the up and coming scarlett and throwing in some amazing random roles like the great ribisi aswell as setting it in Japan with an amazing script and dialogue and you have a winner lol
Great music too and visuals

I agree that the art has to be something special and I would not argue with scarletts bum but murray has to also be on this. Maybe the dvd/ blu Ray poster art of him siting on the bed would work for the back, also think gloss with a debossed title.

Also great idea with spotless but the kimchi one is magnificent and although I reakon yours would sell its not something I personally want to double dip on but if it looked great I could be persuaded.

I remember in another post you was shocked that us collectors want films like lost in translation and imo the way I see it is we love big action films such as super hero, sci fi, end of world, destruction. Especially marvel and comic book films but also the serious, well made, great dialogue, excellent acted, dramatic films or indie films. You need to remember that we are all here because we LOVE films and everyone of us will see ourselves as a bit of a critic and that we don't just love one style of film and 99% of us have great taste.
LIT and ESOTSM fit in that category. Both including funny men but in serious films. Little miss sunshine would be another (Steve carrel is amazing but so is everyone else and the film itself) and I don't mean we want funny men in serious films steelbooks lol. Im still waiting for a wes Anderson wave and after seeing "it follows" I'm begging for whoever owns that to do a steelbook and the same with inherent vice. My point is there are films we all love or/and hate and many different opinions but there is also a huge number of films you just would not imagine that we would like to see in steelbooks. I think adding polls and talking to us will help you establish that.

Personally the majority of the time zavvi get it so wrong on film choice (yeah the film will always have fans but they won't shift enough) they also get the finish and artwork wrong a lot (well the studios at least but zavvi get it in the neck for selling them). An example is I'm over the moon that zavvi releasing cabin fever but it's such a strange choice and that's coming from a fan. I'll happily wait until a price drop because I know they have probably only shifted about 100 in pre orders. They don't talk to their customers, definately not like this anyway and especially with updates on date changes and stuff. And as time goes by and if you start making more steelbooks I have a feeling you will use this site to update us if a release has a problem with dates or art and so on.
But by doing this as you know should help you and you will always get a bit of agg from someone but it's definatley the best way to do it. With maybe the odd surprise lol

Maybe a good thing you could do with LIT is post the art you and your peeps are thinking about and let us comment on.
We have had a few polls for choosing art too. Anyway just some ideas.
Cheers

Last edited:
And if @severo 's post is anything to go by, I'm so glad to be missing out so y'all can have a bit of ass on a steelbook.

I'm quite sure not everyone out there wants that on the steel.:rofl: I know I don't although I think it's fine on the lp. I wouldn't mind something like this:

Jkylw.jpg

Just don't give it the standard Bill on the bed cover. We need something special. :happy:

At the end of season 3 of walking dead it did certainly have that feel of coronation street boring esqe that someone has mentioned, that obviously has had some effect on sales and for me personally almost resulted in me no longer watching it however season 5 was far far better as well as season 4 and with an increasing xcommunity for steelbook and collectors I do very much believe that there is a greater demand for the walking dead

@CasuallyDressed Absolutely no need to apologise, you are passionate about your product, which from my perspective is good to see. As I said, we are looking in to it, all I can say at this stage sadly. When I have more info I will let you all know. I appreciate other studios do shorter runs, but there are numerous reasons why this is a case, but probably worth discussing off topic. Different territories also control their own product and exclusives for their local markets, and often we do not combine as it is tailored. Steelbooks will continue to get produced as long as the demand is there for them, which from WD1-3 it did not hit EU production quotas. We did however produce the Limited Edition Artbook which we thought collectors would appreciate, and with a lower unit run this seemed in our eyes a good consolation for a Steelbook. I have fed back your comments so let's just see what happens...

but surely if eone do a walking dead steelbook season 4 and continue doing steelbooks for every season , any steels of seasons 1-3 in warehouse collecting dust that didnt sell will fly off the shelves because people will know they can collect the whole set , its like bringing seasons 1-4 of breaking bad steels out and not 5-6 . people wouldnt buy if they knew they couldnt complete set

eOne is not only in the UK you know.
I'm well aware of that, eOne is in a fair few countries - I just don't see why you feel the need to mention that it's eOne UK specifically considering no matter where the decision is made it'll still be available internationally one way or another.

Last edited:
I'm well aware of that, eOne is in a fair few countries - I just don't see why you feel the need to mention that it's eOne UK specifically when no matter which branch it is that produces them it'll still be available internationally one way or another.
Its eOneDirect a UK Company
Any steelbook possible is for UK only releases will be only eOne produced, UK acquisitions that are distributed in the UK that they have the rights to for the UK

Yes other countries eOne have a distribution
But the film catalogue would not be the same as it is for UK
Some of films eOne releases in another country have different distribution rights in the UK as do some of UK eOne releases have different distributions rights in another country through a different distributor

So if your looking for eOne to do a steelbook in this case its eOneDirect UK
Catalogue that they have the distribution rights can be found on their UK website
http://uk.eonefilms.com/home-entertainment

If your looking for a release get a steelbook that for example eOne have distribution rights in another country its not possible for eOneDirect to do unless its a film they have the rights to in the UK

Some of the films for example in the poll are not distributed by eOne in another country were eOne have a distribution
The poll list are UK titles eOne UK have the distribution rights to

Last edited:
Any steelbook possible is for UK only releases will be only eOne produced, UK acquisitions that are distributed in the UK that they have the rights to for the UK
Indeed, by saying it'll be available internationally 'one way or another' I meant it'll end up either being available through group buys, the trading section or the likes of eBay, etc.

Reactions: paulboland
I'm well aware of that, eOne is in a fair few countries - I just don't see why you feel the need to mention that it's eOne UK specifically considering no matter where the decision is made it'll still be available internationally one way or another.

I'm from Canada and when I first saw this thread, I assumed it was from eOne Canada. Then, a couple of pages into it, I realised that the gentleman who started it is from eOne UK and that we are discussing the UK catalogue. I just suggested that it could make things clearer from the get go to mention in the opening thread or title that this is for the UK...

I own the eOne art book/digibook of Walking Dead season 4, have to say I actually prefer it to the Entertainment Store jumbo steels. Any chance eOne are considering continuing this presentation for latter WD series if steels are a no go?