Escape From New York (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Scream Factory) [USA]

Mar 15, 2017
Release date: August 1, 2017
Purchase links: Shout Factory - Amazon - Best Buy
Price: $26.99 (Shout) - $16.88 (Amazon) - $19.99 (Best Buy)

product_images_modal_EFNY.SB.BeautyShot.72dpi__7B85460f1d-a406-4432-bfb3-4d1a1ca5e622_7D.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck sifting through these ones. What a mess. Had to go though dozens to get something decent. Almost all had loose discs and tears to the wrap.

This was sent to the UK in a shoddy loose bubble envelope. Needless to say it's taken some damage. Somehow, the front and back are fine, but the spine has been dented so badly that it's peeling away from the casing. Hopefully I can get a replacement that just has a good spine, so I can combine the good bits together.

@Mobley 's photos above are making me reconsider getting this! ;)

I already have the Limited Edition Korean Slipcover release with artcards. The disc is Region Free with that one I believe.

Other than region coding, what's the difference with the disc here? Is this known to have a better transfer or are the the same?

I already have the Limited Edition Korean Slipcover release with artcards. The disc is Region Free with that one I believe.

Other than region coding, what's the difference with the disc here? Is this known to have a better transfer or are the the same?

Scream release is a 2K scan of the interpositive
Scream factory collectors edition release is 2 discs
Steelbook is the same 2 discs content as below excluding the slipcover and reversible sleeve

The Film itself it's down to personal choice in regards to picture quality between MGM Blu-ray and Scream Factory Blu-ray
The extras disc is what makes the scream factory release better release overall

Scream Collectors Edition
  • DISC ONE
    *The Film
    - Audio Commentary (2015) by actress Adrienne Barbeau and director of photography Dean Cundey
    - Audio Commentary (1994) by director John Carpenter and actor Kurt Russell
    - Audio Commentary (2003) by producer Debra Hill and production designer Joe Alves

DISC TWO
    "Big Challenges in Little Manhattan: The Visual Effects of Escape from New York" (2015) (14:27)
    "Scoring the Escape: A Discussion with composer Alan Howarth" (2015) (18:55)
    "On Set with John Carpenter: The Images of Escape from New York" (2015) (Interview with still photographer Kim Gottlieb-Walker) (10:50)
    "I Am Taylor" (an interview with actor Joe Unger) (2015) (8:49)
    "My Night on Set" interview with filmmaker David DeCoteau (2015) (5:02)
    Deleted Scene: The Original Opening Bank Robbery Sequence (10:46 with optional 1994 audio commentary by John Carpenter and Kurt Russell)
    "Return to Escape from New York" (2003) featurette (22:59)
    2 Theatrical Trailers (2:42)
    Photo Galleries:
    - Movie Stills and Behind the Scenes Photos (12:02)
    - Posters and Lobby Cards (4:12)
  • Subtitles:
    English HoH
  • Aspect Ratio:
    2.35:1
  • Picture Format:
    1080p 24fps AVC MPEG-4
  • Soundtrack(s):
    English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
    English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 stereo
  • Case type:
    Keep Case
  • Notes:
    Comes with a slipcover and reversible sleeve.
    2K scan of the interpositive.

Last edited:
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Sorry to hear that, i hate it when you get a SB in a jiffy bag its always hit and miss to whether its not damaged. Contact Amazon i am sure they will replace it for you.

As paul send above the Scream release is a 2K scan of the interpositive and after watching it last night the copy is top notch not sure it can get any better :thumbs: I can't comment on the MGM version as i haven't seen that. The SB is a beauty great artwork and bonus 2nd disc, you just have to run the risk of the jiffy bag :rolleyes: