Exclusives - who makes them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2013
Do the people who release exclusives like Zavvi make their own steelbooks in their own factory? Or do the top dogs like paramount or warner make them. I wanna know if these steels are made by the cheapos or real mccoys?

Reactions: zebra12
Scanavo make them, retailers like zavvi, amazon only order/request them from scanavo after getting approval from studios to release in steelbook form see below

http://steelbook.com

sometimes the art is forced by the studio, meaning the retailer has no choice, other times the retailer can choose from a few different options that the studio as already approved of.

So retailer designs, asks studios for approval, studio approves. retailer speaks to scanova and scanova produce?

How do the disks come into play here? Does studio send movie-burned disks to scanova or do do scanova mass burn and do all the art on them?

So retailer designs, asks studios for approval, studio approves. retailer speaks to scanova and scanova produce?

How do the disks come into play here? Does studio send movie-burned disks to scanova or do do scanova mass burn and do all the art on them?

I don't believe Scanavo have anything to do with the production of the discs, I presume that is done by the studio. Wreck will be able to confirm this if you ask him here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.