[Expired GIVE-AWAYs] Master Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GVZER

苦い
Premium Supporter
Jun 3, 2010
Deep Deep Hole
ALL EXPIRED GIVEAWAYS IN THE BOOK SECTION OF THE FORUM WILL BE MOVED HERE! :thumbs:

--------------------

If you thought we forgot about you book collectors you were wrong!!! :naughty:

Up for grabs is a BRAND NEW copy of Watchmen: Portraits EEK!

510u39Q2f-L._SS500_.jpg

Whats you favorite book and using only 3 words describe why?

And GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :movie:

Attachments

• Expired.jpg
    Expired.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 262
Last edited by a moderator:
[Give-Away] Arena Mode by Blake Northcott (Signed Limited Hardcover)

EXCLUSIVE GIVEAWAY!

One lucky Ninja will be going home with a limited signed, hardcover copy of author Blake Northcott's ARENA MODE plus some nifty collector's postcards. What is ARENA MODE? From the mouth of the author herself:

A sci-fi/superhero novel with a 'Ready Player One', Joss Whedon-y vibe, featuring original illustrations by Marvel and DC artists.

How cool is that?! Need more proof that it's awesome? You can check out the entire prologue of the novel here! And why is this book limited? It's because Blake's written works only appear digitally as exclusives through Amazon Kindle. This hardcover is part of a very limited run and once they're gone, they're gone for good!

As part of Hi-Def Ninja's exclusive Fan Expo Canada coverage, this giveaway is one-half of today's Blake Northcott interview! You can read my exclusive interview with her here.

Now let's get down to the nitty-gritty. This giveaway is open to ALL Ninjas WORLDWIDE. To enter, all you have to do is respond below to what your favorite part of the interview was.

The winner will NOT have to pay any shipping/handling fees; it's 100% free! The winner will be announced on Sunday October 6th and will be contacted via PM. Once contacted, the winner has 24 hours to respond or else this item goes to the runner-up!

Good luck everyone!

photo.JPG

ENTRANTS
1) spass
2) PunkNinja
3) wayne71
4) Kuzco
5) kylai10
6) Ricker
7) Zero
8) denizen
9) dirtyoak
10) Colombianlove41
11) Jericho
12) mnementh

Attachments

• Arena Mode GIVEAWAY.jpg
    Arena Mode GIVEAWAY.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Blake.jpg
    Blake.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 107
Great give-away!

I thought the funding via Kickstarter was interesting to read about.

Really cool interview Ken. :thumbs:

Reactions: tridon
Thx. for another HDN FEC giveaway Tri.
I like the part when Blake Northcott said, "Joss Whedon seamlessly mixed genres in a way that had never really been done before, and it just fit perfectly for some reason. He’s a magician – I don’t know how he does it!"
Joss Whedon is my fav writer director right now.

Amazing giveaway.

I found the whole interview interesting, specially as i was unaware of the author until now

Same here, I never heard about Blake Northcott before and the whole interview is interesting as seeing a woman involved in sci-fi super heroes comics creation is quite rare.

Great give-away :thumbs:

I like the part where she says she tries to appreciate her fans by reading every fan post, going to cons to meet fans, etc.

Thank you for the giveaway!

I like that she had all the major comic studios involved for the Characters created for the book. And thanks yet again for another brilliant giveaway Ken.

Great give away!

I liked the whole interview but i particularely liked her answer why the Ninjas had to fight about the give away.
After she told us about all the artists involved this one sentence made me lough: "Oh, and there’s a story, too. With words and stuff. But the pictures are awesome":hilarious:

Yes, thanks for an amazing giveaway! Really nice.

I must say that it was an interesting interview. Pretty scary how close she came to quitting had the success of Arena Mode not been met.

But my favorite part has to be how she wants to have personal interasctions with her fans. Not just treat them as another customer.

Pretty cool of her. :)

Good luck everyone!

Great interview. I was aware of VS REALITY but only by name and nothing more so it's nice to get some knowledge about both the auther herself and her work.

My favorite part was her answer to your Buffy question. You could tell that she truly loves that show and I can appreciate that no matter what she loves. But in this case I happen to really enjoy Buffy myself too.

Great giveaway btw!

Interesting read. I'll be waiting for the Blake Northcott with ninjas story :). I like how this went through Kickstarter and kind of wonder how it's been useful in other areas too.

Thanks for this

I particularly liked how Blake develops and continues her relationship between writer and reader. It makes her more approachable, rather than just being perceived as a seller/customer association.

Oh, and she looks gorgeous :)

WINNER ANNOUNCED!

A day late, but what the hell -- now presenting the winner of the ARENA MODE giveaway...

Untitled.png

PUNKNINJA! :thumbs:

Congratulations! You're the winner of a limited edition, signed copy of ARENA MODE by Blake Northcott (plus postcards)! Send your mailing address my way and I'll get your prize out to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.