Music on Vinyl Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them - OST by James Newton Howard (colored vinyl)

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release: January 1, 2017
Purchase: JPC.de
Price: 28,99 EUR

Note: 2LP 180 gr on transparent blue & gold mixed vinyl, first pressing of 2000 numbered copies, Gatefold sleeve, PVC protective sleeve

2947_foto2_product_xl (1).jpg

"The adventures of writer Newt Scamander in New York's secret community of witches and wizards seventy years before Harry Potter reads his book in school."

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is a brand new British fantasy action film directed by David Yates and written by J. K. Rowling, inspired on Rowling's book of the same name.

A spin-off and a prequel of the Harry Potter film series; the film will be the first installment of a series of five films, and stars Eddie Redmayne, Katherine Waterston, Dan Fogler, Alison Sudol and Colin Farrell.

The story opens in 1926 as Newt Scamander has just completed a global excursion to find and document an extraordinary array of magical creatures. Arriving in New York for a brief stopover, he might have come and gone without incident… Were it not for a No-Maj (American for Muggle) named Jacob, a misplaced magical case, and the escape of some of Newt's fantastic beasts, which could spell trouble for both the wizarding and No-Maj worlds.

The score is composed by Grammy, Golden Globe, BAFTA, Academy Award Winner James Newton Howard (Dark Knight, Hunger Games series, I Am Legend, Batman Begins).

• 180 gram audiophile vinyl
  • Gatefold sleeve
  • PVC protective sleeve
  • OST of the Brand New 2016 Movie, written by J. K. Rowling (Harry Potter)
  • Music composed by multiple award winner James Newton Howard
  • First pressing of 2.000 numbered copies on transparent blue & gold mixed vinyl
Tracklist

SIDE A

1. MAIN TITLES - FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM
2. THERE ARE WITCHES AMONG US / THE BANK / THE NIFFLER
3. TINA TAKES NEWT IN / MACUSA HEADQUARTERS
4. PIE OR STRUDEL / ESCAPING QUEENIE AND TINA'S PLACE

SIDE B
1. CREDENCE HANDS OUT LEAFLETS
2. INSIDE THE CASE
3. THE ERUMPENT
4. IN THE CELLS

SIDE C
1. TINA AND NEWT TRIAL / LET'S GET THE GOOD STUFF OUT / YOU'RE ONE OF US NOW / SWOOPING EVIL
2. GNARLAK NEGOTIATIONS
3. THE DEMIGUISE AND THE OCCAMY
4. A CLOSE FRIEND
5. THE OBSCURUS / ROOFTOP CHASE

SIDE D
1. HE'S LISTENING TO YOU TINA
2. RELIEVE HIM OF HIS WAND / NEWT RELEASES THE THUNDERBIRD / JACOB'S FAREWELL
3. NEWT SAYS GOODBYE TO TINA / JACOB'S BAKERY
4. END TITLES - FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Argh! Didn't know that.

You are right, looks to be the same as the one on amazon.co.uk
Didn't find any US shop selling the blue&gold version.. Since MOV is based in Europe it's actually logical though.. You'll probably have to pay the shipping from EU to US. Too bad, Zavvi were selling this version, but it's now sold-out

Didn't find any US shop selling the blue&gold version.. Since MOV is based in Europe it's actually logical though.. You'll probably have to pay the shipping from EU to US. Too bad, Zavvi were selling this version, but it's now sold-out

That's OK, I ordered from jpc.de just now - I'm sure their customer service is light years ahead of Zavvi if something were to happen.

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Fancy!

Did you hear the soundtrack before purchasing? What do you think?
Yes, I've listened to it on Spotify before going to the theater acutally ^^ Well I can't say I love it, but I definitely like it. It's got a good Harry Potter vibe to it, withouth using the John Williams themes that much (just a few seconds here and there). There's also some references to 20' music. The soundtrack is quite enjoyable, even if you've not seen the movie yet :) But after watching it, I have to admit that I enjoyed it a bit more :)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: apsmith21