Jul 23, 2011
Another Chinese Classic Film, Farewell My Concubine , Blu Ray Steelbook
Release date: May 15,2012
Limited Edition 1000

View attachment 4435

Actual pics:

Thanks Alex for pics of booklet version:
picture.php

Want to know if you have the booklet Inside without opening it?
Thanks to gbdragon
With booklet...
View attachment 14745

Attachments

• farewell.jpg
    farewell.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 544
Last edited by a moderator:
This steelbook looks amazing.its not something that I would buy,but the artwork on it is beautiful.would like to see one with my own eyes though,and not just by looking at pics.as I don't think the pics do it all the justice it deserves

This steelbook looks amazing.its not something that I would buy,but the artwork on it is beautiful.would like to see one with my own eyes though,and not just by looking at pics.as I don't think the pics do it all the justice it deserves

its true what u said, pics dont do justice at all, and in my own opinion, even the seal dont make justice to what the steel looks actually opened..!!

Reactions: Cookster1
its true what u said, pics dont do justice at all, and in my own opinion, even the seal dont make justice to what the steel looks actually opened..!!

Totally true! This is possibly the most 'beautiful' SB I own...and I've got hundreds to compare against :emb:. From the gold characters, to the subdued glossy butterflies, and how it all compliments a perfect portrait...just a stunner!

Reactions: nickforall1987
Just made a purchase of this on here this morning. Can't wait to get it, from the pics it looks a stunner and as you say hep, I'm thinking its going to look amazing in hand :LOL:

guys just to inform,
i have just finished watching the movie
dont expect a super -hollywood fake production BUT
the movie its very very good....really good screenplay/acting
but the meaning of the film feels so real like its what we all know but none of us do...
i dont want to spoil it for people who havent seen it yet, so just sacrifice 3 hours and watch it...
really...

Reactions: Hooltra
Is there anyway to differentiate between the booklet version & non-booklet version without opening the steel?? The only reason I ask is because I have recently aquired a copy of this but am unsure as to which one it is as it is quite weighty, I don't if this is because this it contains a booklet or is it that the quality of the steel is better than average!! ;)

Is there anyway to differentiate between the booklet version & non-booklet version without opening the steel?? The only reason I ask is because I have recently aquired a copy of this but am unsure as to which one it is as it is quite weighty, I don't if this is because this it contains a booklet or is it that the quality of the steel is better than average!! ;)
Thanks to gbdragon

With booklet...
attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Drum, my copy weighs 230g so must include the booklet, however, even though it is still sealed there is no slip on the back, did some have a backslip and some not?? Is this legitimately sealed or a re-seal?? sorry for all the questions but I know verry little about this steel.....apart from how nice it is of course ;)

Now I am even more confused.......mine weighs 230g, is still sealed but doesn't have the DTS sticker or back sheet......what copy do I have??? EEK!

Now I am even more confused.......mine weighs 230g, is still sealed but doesn't have the DTS sticker or back sheet......what copy do I have??? EEK!

As far as I'm aware some had the DTS sticker and some not however I haven't seen any sealed without the data sheet.... Strange!

What does the person from who you bought it from say?

Maybe he can shed some liht on the matter for you.

As far as the DTS it is like a fellow Ninja already stated , some was with and some were without.

Take care
John

What does the person from who you bought it from say?

Maybe he can shed some liht on the matter for you.

As far as the DTS it is like a fellow Ninja already stated , some was with and some were without.

Take care
John

Good thinking John,

I have just sent a message to the person I did the trade with.

Cheers,

Richie. :thumbs:

The DTS sticker on the FMC is just not right, the sticker is meant for Let's the Bullet Fly.
It could be just the poly bag with that sticker.

There are few version of the FMC no doubts about it, but one thing for sure is that all are originate from Blufans only.
There's no other steelbook release with this artwork, whether it's sealed with booklet or sealed without the small note on the back or unseal with booklet.
They are all the same, just that the packaging were released base on different time.
some got it earlier, unseal. Some got it sealed mid way and my batch was the last which came in last with booklet, colored disc and sealed and unsealed.

The DTS sticker on the FMC is just not right, the sticker is meant for Let's the Bullet Fly.
It could be just the poly bag with that sticker.

There are few version of the FMC no doubts about it, but one thing for sure is that all are originate from Blufans only.
There's no other steelbook release with this artwork, whether it's sealed with booklet or sealed without the small note on the back or unseal with booklet.
They are all the same, just that the packaging were released base on different time.
some got it earlier, unseal. Some got it sealed mid way and my batch was the last which came in last with booklet, colored disc and sealed and unsealed.

Cheers N3wk1d, that sheds quite a lot of light onto the whole issue. It is odd however that the same release comes with so many different variations. So to clarify, my sealed 230g version probably does have the booklet inside and even though there is no data sheet on the back it is still part of the Blufans release (it is just difficult to clarify at which stage it was released)??