The Fifth Element (Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #26) [Korea]

Jan 24, 2011
Portugal
Release date: January 29, 2016
Purchase links: Lenti - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - One Click
Price: $34.99
Note: SteelBook is glossed and embossed. Lenti 1300 copies - Full Slip A1 1000 copies - Full Slip A2 300 copies - One Click 200 copies
Group buy: hosted by Kaka1888

1.jpg

3.jpg 4.jpg 2.jpg

14501660928292136.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my favorite movies getting a premium release! Definitely in for the one click. I wish the front art was back art and they had something more postery for the front though.

I'm sure the steelbook front design was chosen because it mirrors the four trigrams from the South Korean flag, which also represent the four elements.

• Informative
Reactions: StifflersDad
I'm sure the Lenticular Slips will be nice looking Kimichi lenti are usually quality slips

The Steelbook I'm sure will be also usual quality but the artwork not got any wow factor for me but I'm sure some others will want it

It's not a release though that's high on my must have list as I already have the Fox UK Steelbook which is nice even though it's a matte finish

I'm surprised though they went with 2 lenticular versions and not the usual Full Slip and Lenti and 1/4 Slip versions

I prefer full slip releases from Kimichi as most of them look amazing and have quality finish

I will wait till someone has this in hand to see if I change my mind to get it based on in hand photos

I think people are confused. Looks like 2 Full Slips and 1 Lenti to me.

BTW I like it. I bet it looks beautiful in hand with those colors.

I think people are confused. Looks like 2 Full Slips and 1 Lenti to me.

BTW I like it. I bet it looks beautiful in hand with those colors.
Your Correct
From Kimichi Facebook
Dear international customers,

Today we announce The Fifth Element Steelbook Limited Edition will be made as Kimchidvd Exclusive No.26 as belows
Lenticular , Fullslip A , Fullslip B

Fullslip Image has been attached today.
Lenticular Image and Movie clip of it and other detail information will be noted soon

The pre order will be proceeded at this month.
The release date is not arranged yet but will be Jan. 2016.

It's 2 Full Slips
Version A
image.jpeg

Version B
image.jpeg

Lenticular image to be announced
So it's 3 versions
Lenticular Version
Full Slip A Version
Full Slip B Version

Last edited:
That Steelbook artwork is really disappointing IMO; I much prefer the old UK version (which actually looks much better in person than it does in pictures).
Leeloo slip looks alright, but I don't think it's worth double dipping just for that; so money saved I guess.

I don't understand why this design is getting a lot of love (If think it's because it's kimch). Okay back art, terrible front art and I really like that Leeloo slip (I'm sure that will look great in person) but not good enough for me to order and plus I already own and much prefer the original U.K. Version.

The other slip looks so bad

But then again I can't work out why bad boys 2 is getting so much love aswel. Not a great film at all and nothing on the first. I even remember watching a scene with rats having sex!

Type 01 looks amazing. Both steel and slip looks amazing.

Can't believe all the haters in this thread, this is a great looking release

There's a first for everything

Think it's the first kimchi steel that I've thought is ugly anyway

Ug. The steelbook looks like crap to me and this is one of my favorite movies. The fullslip A is OK but not great. Serious miss here.

Like a lot of other ninjas, I have mixed feelings about this one. But I love this film.

The steel itself looks good, but it's lacking something.

Slip A is nice, but the back is boring. Should have had the Alien Opra singer on the back

Slip B front looks off, but the back looks great

I want to see what the lenti looks like and maybe I'll bite...but for now...not a high priority