May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: May 8th, 2015
Purchase link: BestBuy.ca
Price: $26.99
Group Buy: Drum18 or biscuitnoir

grey.jpg

Last edited:
@Drum18 Thanks for the advice, cancelled and reordered and Already here on Monday morning... SO IMPRESSED same company but shipping packaging totally different Strong Small Box to fit the steelbook, same shape to fit steel snuggly so it doesn't move around during shipping, both steel were piled up and no paper to fill the emptiness as box could have fit 5 steel one on top of each other and only had ordered 2 copies(again nothing in between both copies just one on top of each other should have had something in between, but improvement in shipping packaging (at least for this time) also weird, from website it has FS J-card but received BB J-card on steel.

Does the steelbook have the Alternate Ending like the other edition? I ask because it does not say if it has or not. Thank you for any help you can give me.

On the J-Card states;

Unrated Version with Alternate Ending

Run Time;

Unrated Version 2hrs.09Min
Theatrical Version 2hrs.06Min

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
Still waiting for my despatch email .. god they're slow!
Looks like the transition with FS in not fully completed

I was advised to cancel my FS Pre-order as it seems now they have a glitch in their system.

I cancelled FS pre-order last friday morning, I replaced my order right after on BB.ca website, it was shipped same day friday and it was at my door at 9:30AM this morning Monday.
Advice came from @Drum18 and I decided to follow his suggestion which I am glad I did as it's already here.
Just make sure if you do so verify that it is still In Stock online at bestbuy.ca...before cancelling FS order.

when they closed, I received my Interstellar no Problem, but I guess the glitch in the system must have happened after that.

PS: make sure your order on FS website is not being despatched though.

• Helpful Post
I do have an order on BB.ca and I aldo keep my old FS order ... no email yet for both order.
Gonna call them to see what's wrong since they indicated that my credit card is debited ...

I can't wait to open mine, didn't have a chance to do so yet ! ...I want to show it to a friend so this will be my 3rd watch ! ...love inside artwork so perfect...

@Drum18 so I finally opened a copy and was actually impressed with the matte finish, I guess I was expecting worse they way you were describing it, I can see faint streaks as you could say but in general I find it to be very nice and the design without the J-card and the title really looks slick :cool: (no glue on the back j-card as custom for FS Steel releases they used to putt 2 to 3, now it was just a small dab bottom front j-card that came off so easily no residue)

Inside Artwork is lovely and was impressed Mr.Grey on the cover is spot Glossed, or close to it not the best judge when it is not extremely obvious but it feels like it had such treatment... bought 2 copies 1 to keep sealed and 1 to open...

I had pre-ordered the Collectible Packaging edition from Walmart as usually Collectible Packaging I see often on steels (and it is written right on the front of the best buy j-card ''Collectible Packaging'' so I was expecting a steel love the artwork but it was a cheap digibook I was upset I returned it the next day. It felt so cheap and so light... they have better return policy and is so much easier to return then amazon, just printed return label from canada post, you get the tracking type of label that would be printed at canada post office and just stuck it on and I just put it back into a regular mailbox didn't even have to go to post office which is a drag returning items for that reason...also they have 90 days return policy as opposed to best buy 30 days, but the product sucked BIG TIME lol

I AM SO HAPPY WITH THIS BESTBUY EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: MGD
@Drum18 so I finally opened a copy and was actually impressed with the matte finish, I guess I was expecting worse they way you were describing it, I can see faint streaks as you could say
Did I described this before? I just received it and find it nice seriously. It's not over the top, but the spot gloss on front makes this a great steel IMO.

Did I described this before? I just received it and find it nice seriously. It's not over the top, but the spot gloss on front makes this a great steel IMO.

Yes If I am not mistaken it was you, comparing to the polar express Matte finish ??? am I mistaken ?

But indeed I personally found it very nice glad you agree and true the spot Gloss in front does make the steel look so much nicer... I was so impressed when I got it. Thought the artwork was gonna be bland but it just works. Very well done.

@Drum18 Thanks for the advice, cancelled and reordered and Already here on Monday morning... SO IMPRESSED same company but shipping packaging totally different Strong Small Box to fit the steelbook, same shape to fit steel snuggly so it doesn't move around during shipping, both steel were piled up and no paper to fill the emptiness as box could have fit 5 steel one on top of each other and only had ordered 2 copies(again nothing in between both copies just one on top of each other should have had something in between, but improvement in shipping packaging (at least for this time) also weird, from website it has FS J-card but received BB J-card on steel.

On the J-Card states;

Unrated Version with Alternate Ending

Run Time;

Unrated Version 2hrs.09Min
Theatrical Version 2hrs.06Min

There's no win with the shipping. I have seen these cardboard boxes that fit 5 steels but I have more chance of winning the lottery then seeing this again. It be nice if they added protection but seems like asking too much. I luckily got mine free cause of this futureshop issue so I can't really complain. I noticed a
Sliver of paint flaked off but not that noticeab and don't want to go through the hassle of replacing a copy I got free. Wife is happy at least :p

I'll admit I purchased a copy. Got mine yesterday :)

PHOTO_20150513_222947.jpg

They've definitely done a nice job with the steelbook. Subtle, yet makes a point.

Movie is not so bad. Don't know what all the fuss is about!

Last edited:
I'll admit I purchased a copy. Got mine yesterday :)

View attachment 160167

They've definitely done a nice job with the steelbook. Subtle, yet makes a point.

Movie is not so bad. Don't know what all the fuss is about!

Indeed it is a nicely executed steelbook ! Worth every penny. I got 2, one to open and one to keep sealed. And I enjoyed the movie, will show it to a friend so that will be my 3rd watch (one in Theatre, one on Blu-ray and another one soon :p)