Films that should be released on steelbook, but as of yet aren't...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2014
Apologies for the clunky title of the thread, if something similar has been posted before or anything else for that matter!
So...As the title suggests; what would you guys like to see as a steelbook release that as of yet isn't available?
Only started this thread as it's only recently I've started purchasing blu rays (& steelbooks) Prior to this, I was happy to get any movie releases off Amazon (other online retailers are available..!) often at rock bottom prices- Hell, you can get used films in perfect watchable condition for 1p + £1.26 p&p a lot of the time.

Anyway- With the prestige of steelbooks I've ditched the old, cheapskate method of buying movies. The drawback to this is there is now a backlog of films (a lot of which are recent) that I've put off purchasing as I've wanted to wait for a possible steelbook release, Dallas Buyers Club and Twelve Years A Slave are just two examples.
Does anyone else have this issue, and what are your top picks for films to get the steelbook treatment??

Yeah; that could work- Colourful artwork on the front and back, plenty of designs or characters they could include.
Seems like nowadays Zavvi (or other retailers) are happy on releasing any old rubbish in steelbook form.
There should (at least in my opinion) be a prestige of only releasing films worthy of steelbook treatment in that form- I know it's subjective and will vary from person to person but there are so many genuinely amazing films that have been overlooked up to now...

Spongebob square pants and the lego movie

Classic horrors like hills have eyes, Stephen kings IT and Blair witch Project

And a few odd personal likes of mine include lake placid, the strangers, arachnophobia and weekend at Bernie's

Dogma, all the presidents men,
Superbad, the big sleep (bogart)
Hackers, stand by me, breakfast club, sixteen candles, teen wolf, so many can't think

Status
Not open for further replies.