Friday Night Lights: The Complete Series on bluray why not ?

Jason Bourne

Contributor-Prints
Premium Supporter
Oct 24, 2011
Van-City, BC
Ok so I wasn't sure where else to post this but Im dying to see Friday Night Lights the TV show complete series (seasons 1-5) to be released on bluray.

I just don't get why it hasn't yet been released or even any plans to be released. The entire show (all 5 seasons) was shot in HD beautifully on super 16mm. It would look beautiful on blu.

Friday Night Lights was easily in the top 5 drama's on TV in the last decade without a doubt and was critically acclaimed.

I just don't get it. Anyone else with me on this or am I alone ? I guess it always boils down to fan-base and ratings for studios in the end.... :(:rolleyes:

You're not alone, I've been watching it over the last month on Netflix and I'm almost done (2 eps to go). Love it! :scat:

But the big problem with TV shows now is that they have to get enough guaranteed sales to do a high def release - and that might be a struggle for a show that was continually threatened to be cancelled due to poor ratings later in its run.

You're not alone, I've been watching it over the last month on Netflix and I'm almost done (2 eps to go). Love it! :scat:

But the big problem with TV shows now is that they have to get enough guaranteed sales to do a high def release - and that might be a struggle for a show that was continually threatened to be cancelled due to poor ratings later in its run.

Glad you liked the show. The ratings were dismal indeed in the end which I didn't understand why either since the fan-base it had was pretty committed albeit a smaller one in comparison to other shows. BTW the ending was just OK to the show. I thought they could have done better.

I guess I'm just butt--hurt, lol, that one of my favourite shows didn't get a release on my favourite media format bluray! I suppose it makes me more frustrated since some of my other favourite shows didn't not get complete series on bluray either (24, Entourage, Rubicon, etc.). On the TV front shows I would buy just didn't get bluray releases except for Lost and Rome.

I guess Ill have to give in and get the complete series on dvd instead. Believe it or not I don't own ANY dvd's anymore EEK!

I would love this on bluray. I can't bring myself to buy a DVD anymore so I gotta hope that some of the shows I love do eventually make their way to blu

Agreed - would be great on blu ray. Only caught onto this show a few months back and am working my way through the series...(better late then never!) 

Agreed - would be great on blu ray. Only caught onto this show a few months back and am working my way through the series...(better late then never!) 

yeah better late then never. Its a great show. Im sure you will enjoy it thouroughly to the end. Although I personally wansnt a big fan of the way they ended it but hey I was thankful it got an ending unlike hundreds of shows out there that get canned by studios and leave them hanging.

So I heard some more news on this series.... that the DVD release of this show doesn't even have the original soundtracks! Music from bands like Explosions in the Sky are apparently modified or not even in the dvd release of the 5 season set.

I can't believe the injustice they did to this show by not only not releasing on blu-ray but released a muddy post show ending modified cut.

Here I was thinking well someday Ill just get the DVD set at least. It looks like the only way to watch what was originally aired ON TV IN HD with the original score is to steal by downloading broadcasts rips and saving them. :( How sad.

I still can't believe this show was shot in HD on super 16mm camera's and then not release on blu-ray. My biggest disappointment to date with anything in cinema since blu-ray came out is they butchered the dvd release of this show and no blu-ray release. Sorry, End rant now/

Last edited: