Completed Game Of Thrones (Season 8) [HBO]

Sirjump

Steelbook Viking
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2011
Norway
From IMDB

Seen the first 5 episodes now and must admit it is growing on me. The characters and character development is really great. Not that much action so far but I have a feeling that will change.

Anyone have some views on this series? :scat:

E.

Attachments

• game.jpg
    game.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 527
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aberdonian83
I don't know the theory in full, but I know it has a bit to do with Bran trying to stop the whole thing from the beginning and somehow becoming the night King

But do you think there is a possibility that Bran is going to realize in the last season that he really doesn't know enough and in an attempt to have more time is going to try to project himself into the past only to be stuck and become the three eyed raven, but by the time he catches up to himself he is wise enough to know he can't change events only see them which is why he never tells himself this. Also given the number of years it could just be he forgets when it is finally time

I think the theory is he wargs into the guy he saw when the children were putting the dragon glass in him (who becomes the night king) but because of what happens he gets trapped in the body. Something along those lines

But then there's the 3 eyed Raven guy (von sydow) and bran could easily be him too. Tough one. I know bran is the three eyed Raven now but I don't know if that means the title is passed on to him or there's some kind of loop and he is von sydow. I suppose bran being von sydow makes more sense because of their legs - neither can walk etc but then if bran gets stuck in a body when he warging like that guy with the children then that explains bran walking as the night king

But I think the night King proper looks like bran to me

I said a few years back that I think it will end with bran warging to the past and trying and stop the whole White walker thing from happening but never thought he could possibly be the reason it happens or the main guy.

@harry I really thought Jamie was going to be a goner then! Glad he's not

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
@Flloydo You finally got your wish then! ;)

Oh and another thing. I love the theory that bran is the night King, I think it could very well happen and just before the last scene when he's warging the Ravens he proper looked like the night King more than ever. Notice how there was no follow up to what he was seeing after it went to Tormund and the other guy. Not that there needed to be because it was a stylish way of showing us what's going on at the wall but to me it was also like in the last season where you see the babies face and then it goes to Johns face confirming to the audience he is a targaryen and lyanna son. It was kinda like that to me with bran and the night King.
I get what you're saying and it's something worth thinking about, but I personally believe it was just used as a cool way of transitioning to the wall scene... Bran watching over with the crows when all hell suddenly breaks loose. I'm still not sold on him actually being the Night King, although it would be a bit of a f***** up twist if he is lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
@Flloydo You finally got your wish then! ;)

I get what you're saying and it's something worth thinking about, but I personally believe it was just used as a cool way of transitioning to the wall scene... Bran watching over with the crows when all hell suddenly breaks loose. I'm still not sold on him actually being the Night King, although it would be a bit of a f***** up twist if he is lol.

You mean with little finger? The way she does it was so cool. Glad it was her that did it too. You don't **** with arya.
Just loved the look on his face and then his pathetic begging. Also when bran is saying what little finger said, he's baffled lol.

I like that Sansa has her head screwed on too, we started to notice that last season but I thought she was slipping again this season. I like that she said she's a slow learner but she learns

Yeah I agree it was probably just a way to show us but something in that shot also tells me differently. Like we didn't need to see him warging to go to the wall if you get what I mean. I dunno

I'm not saying bran is aware he's the night King but we didn't need to see him warg and cut to that final scene. I think there's more to them showing us bran and then the wall than what people realise IMO

Time will tell

You mean with little finger? The way she does it was so cool. Glad it was her that did it too. You don't **** with arya.
Just loved the look on his face and then his pathetic begging. Also when bran is saying what little finger said, he's baffled lol.

I like that Sansa has her head screwed on too, we started to notice that last season but I thought she was slipping again this season. I like that she said she's a slow learner but she learns

Yeah I agree it was probably just a way to show us but something in that shot also tells me differently. Like we didn't need to see him warging to go to the wall if you get what I mean. I dunno

I'm not saying bran is aware he's the night King but we didn't need to see him warg and cut to that final scene. I think there's more to them showing us bran and then the wall than what people realise IMO

Time will tell
Yeah, Littlefinger. That's actually the part my t*** of a cousin spoilt for me! Must admit that I was dying to tell you he gets killed lol. I didn't mind the character and I think the actor did a brilliant job at portraying him, but it was pretty satisfying to finally see him get his just deserts. :D

I honestly expected Sansa to continue being dumb about the whole situation and side with Littlefinger, so yeah... it was definitely a nice surprise to see she has actually got her head screwed on, like you said.

I'm not sure about all that, but I can understand why people come up with those type of theories, as Bran is a bit mysterious. The way the episode ended kind of makes me thinks he's only there to reveal the truth about Jon's real father though... and maybe the reason we saw him Warging is so he can now also pass on the message about the wall being destroyed.

That's my take on it all anyway, so nothing too special about Bran IMO... although I'd love to be wrong and see him play a bigger/more important role in regards to the outcome of the show!

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Yeah, Littlefinger. That's actually the part my t*** of a cousin spoilt for me! Must admit that I was dying to tell you he gets killed lol. I didn't mind the character and I think the actor did a brilliant job at portraying him, but it was pretty satisfying to finally see him get his just deserts. :D

I honestly expected Sansa to continue being dumb about the whole situation and side with Littlefinger, so yeah... it was definitely a nice surprise to see she has actually got her head screwed on, like you said.

I'm not sure about all that, but I can understand why people come up with those type of theories, as Bran is a bit mysterious. The way the episode ended kind of makes me thinks he's only there to reveal the truth about Jon's real father though... and maybe the reason we saw him Warging is so he can now also pass on the message about the wall being destroyed.

That's my take on it all anyway, so nothing too special about Bran IMO... although I'd love to be wrong and see him play a bigger/more important role in regards to the outcome of the show!

Shame it was spoiled for you, but I suppose its something we could see happening. He was either dying there or lasting till the end lol

I don't mind the character but it's just the actor. He played it well because I find the actor slimey but his accent just kills it for me everytime. I like the evil characters like cersei, hound (even though he's a ledge) and I was a massive Joffrey fan. Even Ramsey
Lol deserts?

It wouldn't matter about the wall being destroyed because bran would know anyway. He sees everything or would see the wall come down just after. But the night King thing might be misty to him because he's trapped in another body. I dunno. Looking forward to how it will all end anyway

What an Episode
Hope the last Jamie scene means he finally break up with his sister.
And what happends after the great war when Jon wins?
Cersei and her 20K+ Army would **** up Team Targaryen!
Can't wait 2 years :D

Damn you have to love Aryra so cool and non plused :D

And down to Sansa I think everyone forgets that Ramsay, and more so the way he died, changed her A LOT she's not as silly as she acts (sometimes) :p

Overall loved the episode amazing season finale but the wait for the end now starts so gutted it's done!
They better not wait till 2019 if the rumours that George is waiting on the end to release The Winds of Winter are true! Just finish it already it's been 5 f*$kin years!!! :hilarious:

Damn you have to love Aryra so cool and non plused :D

And down to Sansa I think everyone forgets that Ramsay, and more so the way he died, changed her A LOT she's not as silly as she acts (sometimes) :p

Overall loved the episode amazing season finale but the wait for the end now starts so gutted it's done!
They better not wait till 2019 if the rumours that George is waiting on the end to release The Winds of Winter are true! Just finish it already it's been 5 f*$kin years!!! :hilarious:

George probably won't wait until 2019 to publish his book. I think he said in January it's probably going to be ready end of 2017, or early 2018. Yet again, he said in early 2016 it would be finished by late 2016 ^^ We'll see. But I highly doubt we'll have to wait that long. He''ll be done writing for the show in a few months since they'll start shooting. He doesn't have to wait until it's aired. He only have to wait until he doesn't have to work for them anymore. So then he'll be able to fully work on his books.

George probably won't wait until 2019 to publish his book. I think he said in January it's probably going to be ready end of 2017, or early 2018. Yet again, he said in early 2016 it would be finished by late 2016 ^^ We'll see. But I highly doubt we'll have to wait that long. He''ll be done writing for the show in a few months since they'll start shooting. He doesn't have to wait until it's aired. He only have to wait until he doesn't have to work for them anymore. So then he'll be able to fully work on his books.

Unfortunately it was reported last week that his next Westeros book will 'probably' be in 2018 and it may not even be Winds of Winter :(
http://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...orge-RR-Martin-Game-of-Thrones-TV-show-ending

Epic end to the season which gives is many questions. Mainly how will Dany react to the news that Jon out ranks her on the claim to the throne?
Also what did Tyrion Say to Cersie? Are we going to see a betrayal after what he did say? And finding out she was pregnant?

The Little finger scene was brilliant, for a second I thought Arya was going to have to kill everyone in the room lol. The way he begged and cried for his life kind of tells you the kind of guy he is.

For a second I thought Jaime was going to get it too. Will be interesting to see what happens with regards to them both

The whole prince that was promised thing is kind of pointing to Jon, and to a less extent Dani, but it seems too obvious. What if it was Jaime? There's the tale that the original prince had to kill his one true love to correctly forge the sword lightbringer. (Cersie)

Hurry up with season 8 already!!

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw and Flloydo
  • Thanks
Reactions: kaw