Gears of War 3 - Megathread

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Rumor: Gears of War 3 for April 2011

A few things in this life are certain: Oprah will have a new book for you to read every month and you can bet there's a new Gears of War in the works. Edge says a source has put a pin in April 2011 as the release window for the third entry in Epic's series -- and we should expect the first teaser trailer next month, on April 8, with a full-on reveal at E3 in June.

"Microsoft's keen to avoid a clash with Halo: Reach and wants Natal to own Christmas," alleges Edge's source. "That's why we won't be seeing Gears Of War 3 until next year, but expect a major marketing push ahead of its release."

Recently, Epic prez Mike Capps hinted at a major game announcement to be made by the studio during E3. Additionally, EA has teased a "Shooter from Epic" due just before April in Q1 2011.

Source: http://www.edge-online.com/news/gears-of-war-3-releasing-april-2011-–-source

Can't wait!! :oohyeah::scat:

2tmthu55.jpg

4xbbkzgi.jpg

76njw2jq.jpg

7kzya2bn.jpg

aepuer6n.jpg

ahd1ljkb.jpg

kbrspdq5.jpg

nau3gue2.jpg

uc6i1zx0_01.jpg

uvot8dio.jpg

xc8tkgkw.jpg

best effin game series in the world. i was real good at the 1st one but kind of fell off with the 2nd one due to having a more serious job and relationship, might have to jump back on the wagon just for this badboy

beta's are too much of a tease for me,i'll wait too for the full version,so i can get the full experience and not just a small taste

Start saving your cash and begin building up your mental tolerance for gore. Microsoft just announced that Gears of War 3 will be released worldwide on September 20. If your calendar isn't at hand, don't worry about marking the date -- we're quite certain Microsoft will spend more than the GDP of some countries on Gears advertising. Later this summer, you won't be able to not see the Gears of War 3 date.

In the meantime there's Bulletstorm, which serves both as a way to build up that mental tolerance and as a delivery system for the upcoming Gears 3 beta.

SEPTEMBER 20th?! What happened to APRIL!?! ARRGH!! :angry:

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Mad Catz has announced an agreement with Epic Games allowing the peripheral company to produce Gears of War 3 branded accessories for Xbox 360. Gear of Gears of War, if you will. The accessories, planned for release this holiday season alongside the game, include "specialty controllers, headphones" and other unspecified peripherals.

Unfortunately, the company has yet to release images, so for now you'll just have to imagine, like, a totally manly headset, and an Xbox controller from which Marcus Fenix's face grimaces at you.

Mad Catz and Epic previously partnered on carrying cases and "skinz" for Gears of War and Gears of War 2.