Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
United Kingdom

Release date:
August 7, 2017
Purchase links: 3D Version - 4K Version
Price: £24.99 (3D) - £32.99 (4K)
Notes: Available in two options - 3D 1080p & 4K Ultra HD (both include 2D)

Part of Zavvi's Anime day, see more info here

11434745-1104474212604983.jpg

C8MClQQXQAQ6Tsv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi should just stop this nonsense of two separate editions anyway.

Just put 4K, 3D the whole lot in one package like HMV and it would have cut out this mess to begin with. But they try to rip you off every chance they get...
I disagree: I don't have a 4k HT, so what am I going to do with a well paid useless 4K disc? An expensive coaster?
No way, 3D and 4K in separate releases are the best choice, for me :D:D

• Thanks
Reactions: ChrisIW
I disagree: I don't have a 4k HT, so what am I going to do with a well paid useless 4K disc? An expensive coaster?
No way, 3D and 4K in separate releases are the best choice, for me :D:D
HMV seem to have a good enough relationship with their distributors to be able to offer a decent price for everything though. So it can be done....

I also have no need for 4K. But because of this messing around, I completely missed out on this steelbook. So I I'd rather have it, then not have it! If you know what I mean

I have missed the 3D too (not delivered, full refund), but I bought the 2D steelbook from amazonIT (€18,59) a few days ago, bought the 3D amaray with a 30% off form another italian retailer (€17,59), and sold the extra 2D disc for 10€: total price €26, even less than zavvi price :D:D
I open all my steelbooks since I want to see the movie, so I have no problems: put the 3D disc in the 2D steelbook et voilà, 3D steelbook made :D:D

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
HMV seem to have a good enough relationship with their distributors to be able to offer a decent price for everything though. So it can be done....

I also have no need for 4K. But because of this messing around, I completely missed out on this steelbook. So I I'd rather have it, then not have it! If you know what I mean

If Zavvi operated purely from UK like HMV, I am sure the pricing will be the same. However for overseas customers, they will have to start charging correct postage which will be higher but it can be offset by deducting VAT (beneficial for non-EU buyers). Ultimately we in Europe are the ones who are being ripped out constantly :(

If Zavvi operated purely from UK like HMV, I am sure the pricing will be the same. However for overseas customers, they will have to start charging correct postage which will be higher but it can be offset by deducting VAT (beneficial for non-EU buyers). Ultimately we in Europe are the ones who are being ripped out constantly :(

It's something like that...Creative accounting creams off the 20% VAT and shouldn't be charged on exports outside Europe

Like Guernsey?.... Yes, and once arrived in Germany (where I live) German VAT is added as well (if above 20 euros).

Yes, Guernsey, Jersey etc...Do they charge import tax or normal goods tax as if you were buying in a shop?

My understanding is UK 20% VAT is correctly charged Guernsey > UK as we have a special arrangement. Businesses can claim back the VAT through creative accounting.

Yes, Guernsey, Jersey etc...Do they charge import tax or normal goods tax as if you were buying in a shop?

My understanding is UK 20% VAT is correctly charged Guernsey > UK as we have a special arrangement. Businesses can claim back the VAT through creative accounting.
In Jersey, they have a 5% Goods and Services Tax (GST):
https://www.gov.je/TaxesMoney/GST/GSTCustomers/Pages/GSTQuickGuide.aspx

Nothing similar exists in Guernsey at present, but has been hotly debated since Jersey introduced theirs in 2008:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-guernsey-36241578

• Helpful Post
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
Interesting - I ordered the 4K version today (with a 10% discount), seeing that it was back in stock (I missed it the first two times round), and it's being sent by Royal Mail tracked (estimated delivery on Friday)...

I have missed the 3D too (not delivered, full refund), but I bought the 2D steelbook from amazonIT (€18,59) a few days ago, bought the 3D amaray with a 30% off form another italian retailer (€17,59), and sold the extra 2D disc for 10€: total price €26, even less than zavvi price :D:D
I open all my steelbooks since I want to see the movie, so I have no problems: put the 3D disc in the 2D steelbook et voilà, 3D steelbook made :D:D

I sold the 4K disc for £12 on it's own so I can put the 3D one in when it eventually arrives.

Interesting - I ordered the 4K version today (with a 10% discount), seeing that it was back in stock (I missed it the first two times round), and it's being sent by Royal Mail tracked (estimated delivery on Friday)...
...and it has arrived (on schedule!), but in a standard A1 cardboard mailer - not the infamous new (or even old) white box! Thankfully, unscathed (seeing as they have sold out again now), bar a tear in the cellophane, which isn't a problem as I shall be opening it anyway.