Ghost in the Shell (2017) (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

darczap

Premium Supporter
Aug 16, 2010
NJ
Release date: July 25, 2017
Purchase links: 4K - 2D
Price: $24.99 (2D) - $29.99 (4K)

5803306_sa.jpg

images.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's one sensational piece of art.

Agree with full gloss, would like the lettering matt detailed as well... But I'm picky like that.

I just came out of the theater and I don't really understand why this flopped! I loved it! Visually is astonishing as well and I will get every single Steelbook out there as long as is different art works! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Cyberpunk88
Bestbuys sing steelbook had different artwork up until a week before release. Then it changed to the same wwa everyone else got. Love this current art and fingers crossed it stays this way.

Looks like the UK release is scheduled for early August. This did so poorly at the box office that I wouldn't be surprised if they push it to video sooner rather than later here in the States.

I caught it twice, once in 3D + DBox ($17.50) and once in 3D IMAX ($16.50), so I guess I did my part in propping this up. :greedy: Though I had the entire theater to myself for both showings. :rofl:
IMG_2441.JPG
IMG_2746.JPG

I'm really happy I made it out to see this in 3D IMAX--night and day difference from my first viewing. And it was such a trip having the entire 500 seat IMAX theater to myself. :watch::woot:

Looks like the UK release is scheduled for early August. This did so poorly at the box office that I wouldn't be surprised if they push it to video sooner rather than later here in the States.

I caught it twice, once in 3D + DBox ($17.50) and once in 3D IMAX ($16.50), so I guess I did my part in propping this up. :greedy: Though I had the entire theater to myself for both showings. :rofl:
View attachment 305924 View attachment 305925
I'm really happy I made it out to see this in 3D IMAX--night and day difference from my first viewing. And it was such a trip having the entire 500 seat IMAX theater to myself. :watch::woot:

THAT IS CRAZY. Can't imagine being by yourself at an Imax theatre.

Only been to one film ever that I got that type of treatment - but I went to see a film in the middle of the week in the afternoon on a nice day, but can't imagine both times. :wow: :happy:

THAT IS CRAZY. Can't imagine being by yourself at an Imax theatre.

Only been to one film ever that I got that type of treatment - but I went to see a film in the middle of the week in the afternoon on a nice day, but can't imagine both times. :wow: :happy:
I think the first time was a weekday afternoon show a few days after it released. The second (IMAX) showing was last night at 9:40. I'm not sure why it bombed so terribly, but I guess I have Ghost in the Shell's poor box office appeal to thank for that private IMAX showing. :rofl:

I'm lucky enough to have two "big format" options from competing theaters in my relatively moderately sized area here in the Midwest, so it's not rare to have very sparsely filled auditoriums during off hours. Still, this was certainly a memorable experience. :cigar: This is a college town, though; I would've thought the demand for this would be higher here than elsewhere.

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21

View attachment 305924 View attachment 305925
@misformatt Dude that's awesome! :woot: You got to enjoy this in peace, both times! :cool: Just a shame GitS performed so poorly that I'm sure a sequel will not get released! :sorry: I loved it! Scarlett was amazing! :drool:

Ghost-in-the-Shell.gif

We have had that here in Indy as well when we go to the first Imax showing on weekdays. Its like 11am ish and its usually a handful of people at most for those showings. We have the only Imax on the north side of Indy too so its a little surprising

• Helpful Post
Reactions: misformatt
The previous cover art has been removed. Anyone have a clue what the final art will be like? Mondo to the rescue?

Pop art then? :vomit: I was not quite serious about Mondo but now I am just being mean. :rofl: I do like some of the Mondo art but I just cannot get into the pop art stuff.

What in gods name is going on here? When you click on the 4K link it's Mondo art and the 2D is the poster art :confused: Is this how it is?