[Giveaway]Filthy 1-year Anniversary GIVE-AWAY!!

severo

Premium Supporter
Jul 4, 2013
Vienna / Austria
[GIVE-AWAY] Filthy 1-year Anniversary GIVE-AWAY!!

hi ninjas, today is my 1 year anniversary @ HDN, and on this occasion i'm doing my first give-away!

here is what you can win:

1 sealed and mint copy of FILTH (zavvi exclusive) steelbook (disc is loose inside, so this copy is meant to get opened!)

+

1 sealed copy of CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST italian CINEKULT blu-ray (uncut and new transfer from 2014).

the rules of the game:

1.) > 30 forum posts

2.) SHIPPING:

shipping is possible to everywhere in the world, as i am not a rich person either (more movie than money collector) let's do it 50/50 (which means it would be around 6GBP/8€/10$ on your behalf....). with participating in this give-away you agree with this. you can make the shipping more worthwhile if you want me to source something else from germany/austria/... for you.
basically i can ship up to 8-10 steelbooks for this price...
and i will update my trading thread soon, so maybe there is something from my sales you are interested in... ;)

3.) thank this post please!

4.) post a picture of the (in your opinion) "filthiest" film (cover artwork) from your collection, and tell us, why you think this film is creepy/disturbing/dirty/filthy/distorted,... :drool: (please use spoiler tags for the picture if you think some might get offended by it)

OR

tell us your first horror film experience as a child/teenager. did you get scared, and why?

i will close this give-away when i think it's the right time, or maybe update later with an exact closing date/time. minimum of entries: 30. winner will be drawn randomly.

thanks for participating, and good luck buddies! :cheers:

edit: i made it a bit easier to participate now. the winner takes it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really that "filthy", but it is probably the most disturbing movie I have (I don't have that many of this kind really):

silenthillbd2d.jpg

Don't want to give anything away, but the scenes when the siren goes off send chills down my spine every single time.

Last edited:
Reactions: severo
This was the first thing that came to mind...my copy of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre (hamburger edition) on DVD!:scat:

View attachment 74633

View attachment 74634

First horror experience - not sure which of these movies came first - but when I was around 5 I had a babysitter that would bring over random movies to watch while my parents were out. I remember watching Maximum Overdrive and Tremors on two separate occasions. Don't remember being overly scared, tough. Anyway....

Thanks for the give-away!!! Much appreciated

ed1.jpg

Love this series. It has enough guts to put some off but I love it. Thought this reboot did the series justice too. Love this steelie! :naughty:

Thanks for the giveaway mate & good luck to everyone!

thanks for participating phishphan192 + denizen!

slinchafi, your picture is not visible (exclusively from dvdactive).

maybe we can get my give-away going now a bit more.
hidefninja was too important to me in the last 365 days, i want this give-away celebrated and not ignored.

btw., here is my story how i got thrown into the world of horror movies:

first of all, the first experience(s) i remember was "watching" the creature from the black lagoon (old b/w movie) with my father, i was rather hidden under his t-shirt most of the time and was following the film by only listening to the voices and even more, the soundtrack. i was maybe 3 or 4 years old.

then, at the age of 8 - i was already at least talking with friends about films older brothers have seen, like evil dead or tcm - , the mother of my neighbour/friend borrowed me a video tape, recorded from a private tv channel (rare occasion in the 80ies, and i've never heard from it before or seen it in the rental store, so i was interested).
it was called "summer school", and was supposed to be a quite cheesy 80ies b-comedy, but has 2 gory scenes (supposed to be fake in the film but i didn't get it as a child), that will stick with me for my whole life.

first, there was a scene were one of the students hoaxes teachers by simulating that he gets attacked and bitten by a rabbit. (i was already sweating after that...). then, later, the following scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Pku48YPFo

i remember forcing my parents watching over me while i sleep for 2 weeks, it was really the shock of my life, but the initiation of my love for the horror film genre, and a good start to realize how i should deal with reality/fiction while watching films.

respect to you if you were reading this until here. lol

Last edited:
I remember watching child's play with my older brother and just thinking chucky is coming for me. I thought he was real and wondered if my toys would come alive and get me aha I hated looking at the cover cause it would just bring back memories but now I watch it and laugh. Nice giveaway mate nice to see others stories and snaps.

10847186-1377264883-404866.jpg

This steelbook design is creepy just like the movie.
Not sure why there are flying rats on the cover ;) but the image perfectly captures the creepy atmosphere of the film.
100% the most disturbing portrayal of "Dracula" ever committed to film and I think the blu-ray cover translates this twist creature perfectly. Bonus points for the inside art too

mGNcsbv.jpg

Fantastically disturbing stuff.

Last edited:
Remember when i first saw Alien. It was in a dark cellar. The year must have been 1979.
It was pretty scary to go home after that. Alone in the dark. 8 years old.

My first experience I was quite young, I'm talking my dad reading me stories in bed young. He would read me Stephen King. Sounds wrong but I would insist on it, he'd try and read me super hero stuff but I would point at Stephen King, I had a speech impediment till my early teens so I did a lot of pointing. First horrors were just all Stephen King, The Stand, Langoliers, Cujo etc granted now I wouldn't class them as horrors if I'm honest but at the time being as young as I was I found em scary!

Reactions: tflo2010 and severo
My first horror movie, was the howling, remember watching it, i was about 8 thinking i was all grown up. Til they turned lol

Wish it was available in a steelie, but my first bit of horror was salem's lot with David Soul back in the early 80's? Man that Glick kid scratching at the window **** me up good and proper, and gave me many a sleepless night

I can't say that I find it creepy or filthy but it's probably the most risqué cover artwork I have in my collection.
It's the french DVD digipak for Secretary.

2014-07-05084141.jpg

Out of my entire film collection, Evil Dead (2013) is the film that disturbs me the most.

View attachment 74944

While the art on the cover isn't as gruesome as a Cannibal Corpse album cover, the film has some scenes that force me to look away.
Such as:
one of characters slicing their jaw off with broken glass
I actually covered my eyes in the cinema during that scene (I'm a bit squeamish when it comes to anything involving mutilation. Which is one of the reasons I have never watched any of the Saw films)

My first horror experience was seeing Childs Play when I was 6 or 7.
I had snuck out of my room at night for some reason, and my dad was watching it on tv in the living room. I just stood at the doorway transfixed until I got too scared and I ran back upstairs!

Last edited by a moderator:
WARNING: Quite graphic picture and description.

1849_13444.jpg

I used to own that dvd but not anymore! :hilarious: But still counts me thinks.

Well...if you want filthy then you cant get anymore filthy then a movie about a guy
having sex with a dead body during a autopsy!
EEK!

First expeirence with horror was probably NOES and Christine.
Used to get quite scared of horror flicks as a child but now love them!

Last edited:
Thanks for the giveaway! My first horror film that disturbed was Stephens kings IT! Still freaks me out to this day!
je9y6yra.jpg

I was about 7 years old when this came out and snuck downstairs when my older sister was watching it and saw that clown!! Watched it when I was about 12...... probably explains my fear of clowns now!

Last edited:
Thank you for the giveaway...

The first and still ONLY film to scare me was Salems Lot with David Soul "open the window" I was crapping myself for days...weeks...ok years

Ron

As i don´t have that "filthy" or "dirty" movie covers in my collection (at this time ;)) Here is my first horror experience.

Pet Sematary i saw this for the first time when i was six or so and it scared the cra* out of me (all most literally :D) and for years after that i was afraid to go to a sematary or even near one.

But if we are talking about something that is truly horrifying even today, ill have to say Fraggle Rock, those little bastar** creep me out still :ohno:

Thanks for this awesome giveaway :thumbs: