Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA

Attachments

• gladiator.jpg
    gladiator.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 833
Last edited by a moderator:
World exclusive art maybe. Everywhere else was the white cover release, of those there were only a few that were printed in all English (TW, TH and Poland).

Wrong. There is another version of this steelbook with the same artwork and that too without ratings logo on the front. It was a asian release as far as I remember

Wrong. There is another version of this steelbook with the same artwork and that too without ratings logo on the front. It was a asian release as far as I remember

I believe the Asian release you speak of is Gladiator Taiwan which is actually just the slipcover. The actual artwork underneath is the same white cover art as Poland, Thailand and etc.
The Mexico release of this steelbook is exactly the same so not sure if that counts.

Last edited:

And the Pièce de résistance​

20140531_172839_zps08c5d5c3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I don't get why this steelbook is so loved :confused::dunno::wtf:
It's got a printed back, printed banner and, what I find the worst of all - the ONE thing that really makes me hate a steelbook, are the printed logos. :angry: I have this, the US and the single disc DE version and this is by far the worst one by a looooooong mile!:p

Reactions: Smisla
Yea, I got it recently as well for a steel (eh? eh?) and was upset to learn the age rating was printed on and not a sticker

And the Pièce de résistance​

20140531_172839_zps08c5d5c3.jpg

I don't get why this steelbook is so loved :confused::dunno::wtf:
It's got a printed back, printed banner and, what I find the worst of all - the ONE thing that really makes me hate a steelbook, are the printed logos. :angry: I have this, the US and the single disc DE version and this is by far the worst one by a looooooong mile!

I totally agree. maybe it is the art cards

Reactions: DangerMouse
The image looks same as the taiwan one but that is more rare and better in terms of selling with the price being quite expensive as its totally sold out but overall a great film with solid acting from all the cast and great action make this a classic...

This steel is great imo... Its not a cheap steel like nowdays, its top quality, quite heavy, great finish and yeh it does have a printed back and banner, but i would take that any day if the quality was as good as this... TW is nice, it does have a great slip, but underneath the slip its the same steel bar a few differences (metalic sword and english text) to the German and French which imo has inferior artwork to the stunning UK steel!

For those who were collecting when this came out then you will know this is a real steelbook compared to the new cheaper steels by Fox, Disney and pretty much the entireity of releases last year...

But of course thats just my op ;)

This steel is great imo... Its not a cheap steel like nowdays, its top quality, quite heavy, great finish and yeh it does have a printed back and banner, but i would take that any day if the quality was as good as this... TW is nice, it does have a great slip, but underneath the slip its the same steel bar a few differences (metalic sword and english text) to the German and French which imo has inferior artwork to the stunning UK steel!

For those who were collecting when this came out then you will know this is a real steelbook compared to the new cheaper steels by Fox, Disney and pretty much the entireity of releases last year...

But of course thats just my op ;)

Oh I agree, would definitely take this over certain steels released nowadays, if only for the quality itself. That's why the older German releases are among my favorites. :thumbs:

And also agree about the artwork for the TW release which isn't unique in and of itself but to each his own. It'd a be really dull world if we all had the same tastes. :)

Last edited: