Godzilla (2014) (2D + 3D Blu-ray FuturePak) [Finland]

Ranavalone

You have to be tough in Finland
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Apr 21, 2013
Finland
Release Date: September 22nd, 2014
Purchase Link: Gigantti.fi (Only ships within Finland)
Price: 19.95 EUR on September 29th (was 14.95 EUR during the first release week)

Audio: English DTS-HD MA 7.1, French DTS-HD MA 7.1, Italian DD 5.1 (both 3D and 2D)
Subtitles: English, French, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish (both 3D and 2D)

Notes: Scandinavian four-country (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland) common release, El-giganten/Elkjøp/Elgiganten/Gigantti exclusive.

Godzilla_MM_DE.jpg

Last edited:
This turned out to be a FuturePak after all. Embossing is magnificent! :woot: Very appropriate for a Godzilla release :)

Last edited:
Reactions: bloodsnake007
A few pics (phone camera, poor lighting conditions).

While the long mark on the front cover isn't a scratch - just some residue that comes off easily - I can see a few hairline scratches on both copies I picked up. So, not too impressed with the quality control. Need to venture out for another visit to the store to see how the rest of the stock looks.

Gloss finish, impressive embossing on both covers :thumbs:

Godzilla_FP_spine.jpg
Godzilla_FP_front.jpg Godzilla_FP_back.jpg
Godzilla_FP_open_with discs.jpg Godzilla_FP_open.jpg

Went to exchange my copies. In the end, I visited both local Gigantti stores and went through their stock (ca. 20-25 each). Many Futurepaks had small or tiny scratches (I confess, I have the OCD bug).

The embossing frame of Steelbooks is definitely there for a reason; as embossing is really pronounced on Godzilla, almost each copy had already slightly worn shrinkwrap on the lower left area on the front (approx. an inch in from both edges), and in the other store the Futurepaks were straight out of the shipping carton, as they hadn't put them on the shelves yet when I went there.

Imagine how the most heavily embossed parts will look after a week or two of shelf life and browsing by potential buyers. This Futurepak presents a real challenge for the retail chain regarding transportation and storage, and I'm afraid they are not very well prepared for it, if at all :(

But that embossing! Awesome! :D :) :drool:

Last edited:
Just got my copy, little bit disappointed that this turned out to be a futurepak, but it looks awesome and the price tag was fair :thumbs:
My feelings exactly. I seem to be able to ignore the FuturePakness of it; the total product is just so ... great - especially considering the price for a new 3D/2D release! :)

Great pictures, Pearse! They really bring out the gloss finish and the embossing :drool: The covers still seem to be wet! :woot:

Looks in a lot better condition than the US ones - cant see scratches etc?
Let me put it this way - finding near mint copies was a challenge. But I enjoy a challenge :D

I would've liked to create a GB thread for this, but I soon realized that finding more than a few good copies could turn out to be very difficult.

Reactions: Maccadinho25
Let me put it this way - finding near mint copies was a challenge. But I enjoy a challenge :D

I would've liked to create a GB thread for this, but I soon realized that finding more than a few good copies could turn out to be very difficult.
Do you think you can find any more near mint copies? Would love one if you can!