Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (3D & 4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Release date: September 4, 2017
Purchase links: 3D Steelbook - 4K Steelbook - Steelbook + T-shirt bundle
Price: £24.99 (3D) - £32.99 (4K)
Notes: Available in two options - 3D 1080p & 4K Ultra HD (both include 2D)

11464330-1644499618047587.jpg

11464330-1754499364962586.jpg 11464330-2814499618197239.jpg 11464330-1014499618299416.jpg
11464330-1454479916445904.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed all last night, what happened?

Your the one saying its all "wrong"

And then making a dig at people's taste

I'm not being immature, I just thought as always your being over the top and decided to defend her comment

Hahah get a grip is not a immature insult. It's not even a f*cking insult. Get a grip x2

The walkman not being the same from the one in the film IS WRONG. You can't argue with that. It's fact. You kind of are at this rate keep going on about it. If you weren't bothered then you would have left it comments ago.

The way you are trying to put it...it kind of is. I'm leaving it I'm done. So why don't you get a grip "times 2" while you sit on your endless supply of prescribed chill pills

Last edited:
This also crossed my mind

Can't believe I'm about to say this, that wouldn't bother me too much as I quite like the old school feel especially when I had tapes with similar scribbles on!

I'll get this anyway to go the 1st film WWA version and I'm bound to get the blufans with proper art anyway to match their first one
I like the poster, but wouldn't want it on a steelbook... not for the exterior art anyway.

I'll more than likely get the WWA steel, as I always do... but I'll also probably be interested in a premium edition. To date, GOTG is the only Marvel movie I have a premium edition for (two in fact) because it's just that awesome! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
+1. This sums up that the Zavvi UK Steelbook is still a collectible item and is better value for money.

what you mean % terms zavvi increased in value more than blufans and if so how many grams of gold teeth is that igans or percentage of resale value profit?

i really really want to know :rofl:
STVY-RVREs-10-Favorite-Symbols-And-Their-Symbolism-gold-teeth.gif

basil :LOL:

I like the poster, but wouldn't want it on a steelbook... not for the exterior art anyway.

I'll more than likely get the WWA steel, as I always do... but I'll also probably be interested in a premium edition. To date, GOTG is the only Marvel movie I have a premium edition for (two in fact) because it's just that awesome! :D

Yeah I suppose it wouldn't work on a steel lol

Okay maybe inside or something but regardless I like the art as poster or somthing

Ere we go, trolling marvel again. lol

What are the 2 premiums you got? a blufans and a nova?
- think they are the only premiums so not a hard guess lol

Yeah I suppose it wouldn't work on a steel lol

Okay maybe inside or something but regardless I like the art as poster or somthing

Ere we go, trolling marvel again. lol

What are the 2 premiums you got? a blufans and a nova?
- think they are the only premiums so not a hard guess lol
Ugh, Marvel :wtf: :p

To be fair, I only have two DC premium editions as well... but then there aren't half as many of those as there are Marvels, so that's probably not a fair comparison after all lol.

Actually they're both Blufans, and I only got two because I couldn't make my mind up which to get. :LOL:

• Thanks
Ugh, Marvel :wtf: :p

To be fair, I only have two DC premium editions as well... but then there aren't half as many of those as there are Marvels, so that's probably not a fair comparison after all lol.

Actually they're both Blufans, and I only got two because I couldn't make my mind up which to get. :LOL:

And it's not a fair comparison because the DC films aren't great - minus the first 2 nolans

Biggest marvel troll I've ever spoke to :rofl: ;)

Oh nice, what 2?
I've only got the rocket and groot lenti but I would love the full slip with the IMAX art. Looks unreal

Hopefully I'll get a few for this one too

I also have 2 myself, blufans R&g lenti and nova lenti

• Thanks
Reactions: JCC and Noodles
And it's not a fair comparison because the DC films aren't great - minus the first 2 nolans

Biggest marvel troll I've ever spoke to :rofl: ;)

Oh nice, what 2?
I've only got the rocket and groot lenti but I would love the full slip with the IMAX art. Looks unreal

Hopefully I'll get a few for this one too

I also have 2 myself, blufans R&g lenti and nova lenti
Marvel have just as many (more in fact) bad eggs IMO, but if they should ever do a movie for the Marvel character Troll, then they know who to cast. ;):giggle:

I've also got the Rocket & Groot lenti along with the Ultimate Edition lenti... the depth on those are the best I've seen! I regretted not getting Nova's slip with IMAX art at the time, but BF's editions blows that one away!

Yep, I expect this will see some very tasty looking releases. :hungry:

• Thanks
Marvel have just as many (more in fact) bad eggs IMO, but if they should ever do a movie for the Marvel character Troll, then they know who to cast. ;):giggle:

I've also got the Rocket & Groot lenti along with the Ultimate Edition lenti... the depth on those are the best I've seen! I regretted not getting Nova's slip with IMAX art at the time, but BF's editions blows that one away!

Yep, I expect this will see some very tasty looking releases. :hungry:

Sorry that's right it was nova who used the IMAX art on the full slip. Got confused then :confused:

Nah, they have one very bad egg, about 3 passable eggs and the rest are golden goose eggs :D :whistle:

The R&G lenti is still my favourite, depth is insane , it's what got me into blufans too

Have you seen bad teacher?

When she says "f*cking troll" and her flat mate comes out his room and says "did you call my name", she replies with what she origianlly said and he goes "oh, I thought you said kirk" lol

Gets me every time

Last edited:
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY awesome original steelbook and the equally awesome (for the times) Sony original "Walkman" as seen in the film:-
II
V
mm4ivl.jpg

Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_3D_Steelbook_Front2.jpg

Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_3D_Steelbook_Front4.jpg

Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_3D_Steelbook_Full.jpg

Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_3D_Steelbook_Spine1.jpg

True to the spirit of the original Walkman there's no "Walkman" logo on the steelbook in the film - that only appeared later on second generation models.
Other names were tried - "FREESTYLE" in Sweden, "SOUNDABOUT" in the U.S. and "STOWAWAY" here in the U.K. but "WALKMAN" was the name finally decided on by Sony chairman Pat Morita who, when during a visit to SONY employees in Paris, was asked by employee's children when they could get their Walkman, and the name stuck.

Original from 1979 - the TPS-L2 with MDR-5 headphones
sony-original-walkman-tps-l2.0.jpg

"The TPS-L2 becomes popular again
In 2014 a movie from Marvel Comics called GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY made it popular again, because the main character, Peter Quill (Chris Pratt) uses a TPS-L2 to listen to music. This has pushed up the prices for 2nd hand units in the markets. People wants the same walkman that Peter Quill uses.

At the very beginning of the movie, this child (Peter Quill) is listening to a very special mixtape: the "Awesome mix 1" in his SONY TPS-L2.
Peter, listening to his SONY TPS-L2, while he waits in the hospital. A few minutes later, the movie jumps to 30 years later, and we can see Peter (Chris Pratt) again, listening to the very same mixtape while is looking for a gem in a lost planet.

At the end of the movie, Peter decide to open an old gift from his mother, and it contains a new mixtape: Awesome Mix 2.

Finally he plays the new tape in his deck.."

2nd generation TPS-L2 with "Walkman" logo . . . circa 1981.
sony-tps-l2_05.jpg

Personally speaking have a soft spot for the original which I bought during the summer hols in the S. of F. (August 1979) and which was one of the very first pieces of kit I ever bought. Now packed away in one of my storage trunks in its blue leatherette fitted case it has suffered over the years not having seen the light of day and the last time I checked on it in 1997 the foam around the earphones had completely disintegrated . . .

Just as an aside: the player was clearly modified for the film as a regular model bought in the shops could not be attached to a belt in its natural state and the only way to carry it around when not in its fitted case (bought separately) was with a loop strap which you would wind around your wrist. The fitted case has a belt loop on the back making for the best way for hands free portability.

- Read somewhere recently that the Sony "Walkman" was voted the #1 electronic music device during the past 50 years.
- 200 Million units sold
Etc., etc.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: misformatt
I forgot just how sore a subject the first WWA steel was. :twd: :rofl:

But having been presented with such compelling facts, I've decided to chuck mine and have replaced it with another WWA Marvel release which was universally praised for both its originality and high degree of verisimilitude to the original prop:
FullSizeRender (1).jpg

:naughty:
Hopefully, the art for the second film won't stir so many negative emotions. Still, I'm sure if it disappoints some, there'll be a WWE steel on it's heals in no time. There's certainly room enough on my shelves for both. :thumbs:

Last edited: