Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (3D & 4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Release date: September 4, 2017
Purchase links: 3D Steelbook - 4K Steelbook - Steelbook + T-shirt bundle
Price: £24.99 (3D) - £32.99 (4K)
Notes: Available in two options - 3D 1080p & 4K Ultra HD (both include 2D)

11464330-1644499618047587.jpg

11464330-1754499364962586.jpg 11464330-2814499618197239.jpg 11464330-1014499618299416.jpg
11464330-1454479916445904.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Off the back shift to see that ,one hasn't been delivered! My estimate was the 4th to the 6th. So can I start moaning about not having it yet or keep a lid on it for a few days. :LOL:

giphy.gif

nah, each to their own, my good friend. :) i think i am the reverse of you on this one. for me, Gillan's a much better actor (in these films and elsewhere) than Saldana, plus her character in GOTG 2 was way more interesting than Gamora.

Completely disagree but it's cool

(She should of stayed a dr who actress she's that bad)

I hope nebula isn't in infinity war too much but considering her dad is the boss man I'm not getting that wish

Reactions: Noodles
There's been far worse. Kong is definately the worst from this year and there are many others

Back is boring but the front and inside are fine. Wish the dr strange WWA had spot gloss like this on the eye.
Plus a lot of finishes on our steels recently have been awful compared to the US like Logan, beauty and the beast and ghost in the shell so it's nice to get a decent WWA for once

Haters are Gona hate, and I bet most that don't like it now hated the mock up to start with but won't admit it after it turned out decent in hand. It's changed my opinion like the first steel did in hand

Sorry man, I'm with @psychoscot. It just looks so childish it's cringeworthy, I had to cancel :(

Reactions: Flloydo
Completely disagree but it's cool

(She should of stayed a dr who actress she's that bad)

I hope nebula isn't in infinity war too much but considering her dad is the boss man I'm not getting that wish
Something we agree on... I think she's pretty bad too. Then again, GOTG is the only thing I've seen her in, so I wasn't sure if it was just her character that I wasn't keen on.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
RE: NEW PACKING BOXES - Yes, perfectly reusable - just peel of the label covering the opening slot and that's all you need to do to access the contents. Much easier to access than the old style white box, for example.

RE: THE STEELBOOK - Mine arrived yesterday and delightfully quirky it is too.

Certainly one on the best executed WWAs of this or any other time with gorgeous inside art.
8/10

- De-bossed central panel allowing the red button - with nice orange, red and yellow concentric circles (and its surround) to stand proud . . . as well as the part of Baby Groot's hand that's between the button and the main body of the steelbook.
- De-bossed slot above the button panel
- De-bossed circles under the bolts (on the front)
- De-bossed "DO NOT PUSH !"

- Spot glossed bolt heads
- Spot glossed metal connections from electrical cables to button panel.
- Spot glossed tape front and back
- Spot glossed spine title or to be precise "GUARDIANS GALAXY VOL . 2"

DI9PgkuV4AAOan7.jpg:large

DI9Q8dHVAAAr052.jpg:large

DI9Q8dAVYAAG1JV.jpg:large

:thumbs:
RE: NEW PACKING BOXES - Yes, perfectly reusable - just peel of the label covering the opening slot and that's all you need to do to access the contents. Much easier to access than the old style white box, for example.

RE: THE STEELBOOK - Mine arrived yesterday and delightfully quirky it is too.

Certainly one on the best executed WWAs of this or any other time.
8/10

- De-bossed central panel allowing the red button - with nice orange, red and yellow concentric circles (and its surround) to stand proud . . . as well as the part of Baby Groot's hand that's between the button and the main body of the steelbook.
- De-bossed slot above the button panel
- De-bossed circles under the bolts (on the front)
- De-bossed "DO NOT PUSH !"

- Spot glossed bolt heads
- Spot glossed metal connections from electrical cables to button panel.
- Spot glossed tape front and back
- Spot glossed spine title or to be precise "GUARDIANS GALAXY VOL . 2"

DI9PgkuV4AAOan7.jpg:large

DI9Q8dHVAAAr052.jpg:large

DI9Q8dAVYAAG1JV.jpg:large

Yeah, I was surprised by some of the extra "nice touch" finishing...Good job :thumbs:

Something we agree on... I think she's pretty bad too. Then again, GOTG is the only thing I've seen her in, so I wasn't sure if it was just her character that I wasn't keen on.

She was OK in Oculus but that's about it

She's not great at American accents and I prefer her natural Scottish accent tbh

I found her forced comedy in this really cringey

Reactions: Noodles
I did a unboxing type video review for the 3D UK steel here if anyone is interested in seein the embossing, debossing, spot gloss etc :)

• Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T
She was OK in Oculus but that's about it

She's not great at American accents and I prefer her natural Scottish accent tbh

I found her forced comedy in this really cringey
Did she even have any comedic scenes in this? I obviously didn't find them funny if she did lol.