Halloween (1978) - 35th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) [United Kingdom]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 21st, 2013
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Sainsbury's
Zavvi.com
For this very special release, Anchor Bay went back to the vaults to present this legendary terror classic as never before, including creating an all-new HD transfer personally supervised by the film's original cinematographer, Academy-Award® nominee Dean Cundey (Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Apollo 13, the Back to the Future trilogy), a new 7.1 audio mix (as well as the original mono audio), a brand-new feature length audio commentary by writer/director John Carpenter and star Jamie Lee Curtis, an all-new bonus feature with Ms. Curtis, as well as selected legacy bonus features from previous ABE releases. Available in a collectible limited-edition steelbook package.

10842069-1376407779-970196.jpg

Last edited:
what a good idea. why didn't i think of this. seeing him on halloween. now which of the many carpenter things to take?
We were at the Brighton show. Not sure if you were aware but signings needed to be prebooked as part of a meet and greet package which from the website seemed to apply to all venues. They had sold out at Brighton already but noticed they were £150.00 or so. Didn't want you having to haul your collectables and be disappointed. There was a well stocked merch stand with signed vinyl and posters ( no steel books though). Show was great !

We were at the Brighton show. Not sure if you were aware but signings needed to be prebooked as part of a meet and greet package which from the website seemed to apply to all venues. They had sold out at Brighton already but noticed they were £150.00 or so. Didn't want you having to haul your collectables and be disappointed. There was a well stocked merch stand with signed vinyl and posters ( no steel books though). Show was great !

Yes sorry forgot to add - signing was paid for. Went to the Bristol show and it was £125 to do the meet & greet, with a 2-item signing limit. In addition to the meet & greet there was an early entry pass and a goodie bag with some signed stuff/t-shirt etc. Also, this excluded the ticket price, which you need to have in order to do the meet & greet. Not cheap, but I can't see the opportunity coming up again..

Ahaaa. This is through ATP (who are a shill of a company) and offered no such thing in the tickets. Cheers for heads up though :)

I know this is out of the blue but I need help on this.

I currently have a Brand new sealed Halloween Steelbook. I am thinking about selling it because I really just want the Halloween Limited Collection set. But I do not know how much I should ask for? It seems like this steelbook is rare now, I can't find any on ebay for sale and amazon UK has one for the price of £55.95 which is basically between $70-$75 USD.

Thoughts anyone? Hurts to get rid of it because it is a great looking steelbook.

I currently have a Brand new sealed Halloween Steelbook. I am thinking about selling it because I really just want the Halloween Limited Collection set. But I do not know how much I should ask for? It seems like this steelbook is rare now, I can't find any on ebay for sale and amazon UK has one for the price of £55.95 which is basically between $70-$75 USD.

Thoughts anyone? Hurts to get rid of it because it is a great looking steelbook.
The price you paid for it :p:rofl:
That's my suggestion:D

I watched a few ebay auctions for this around halloween 2016 (I have it but I was just curious about what it sold for)
I watched 2 or 3 auctions and they all sold for between £30-£35 and that was including shipping. I don't know what the auction price is now but I think because of the time of year it was selling for a little more than what it might do in January. But what I would suggest is doing the buy it now price lower than anyone else on ebay and if you get no interest then put the price down gradually.:thumbs:

I say you should just auction it if you are 'unsure'. It all depends on your urgency to get the funds. Do you just want to get rid of it or get the maximum amount? If maximum list it on ebay on level with what you see as a BIN. If you just wanna sell it then auction.

I say you should just auction it if you are 'unsure'. It all depends on your urgency to get the funds. Do you just want to get rid of it or get the maximum amount? If maximum list it on ebay on level with what you see as a BIN. If you just wanna sell it then auction.

What if I want to sell it to a fellow member here on HDN :) ... then what? Unless someone wants to trade away there Halloween limited collection for this steelbook which would never happen haha

What if I want to sell it to a fellow member here on HDN :) ... then what?

As Paul said cost price! If not you need to go and do a little homework and see what they are generally sold for between a mixture of auction and BIN taking into account fees incurred if you sell it off HDN and on ebay/amazon.

The general way I see it is HDN should generally always be cheaper than eBay by an appropriate margin.

As Paul said cost price! If not you need to go and do a little homework and see what they are generally sold for between a mixture of auction and BIN taking into account fees incurred if you sell it off HDN and on ebay/amazon.

The general way I see it is HDN should generally always be cheaper than eBay by an appropriate margin.

Got it. Thanks!