Hardwareking.net(listed as scam on multiple sites)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2011
Updated title-Staff, hidefninja.com

Hi guys im a newcomer and i have just joined this site today.

Anyway i really need some advice about this website Hardwareking.net.

i am looking for a christmas present and christmas is really coming close, i am looking for a gigabyte gtx 560 ti soc and it is under £200 from this Hardwareking.net.

Should i risk it? I really want this graphics card for a perfect christmas present.

It would be helpful if you have ordered from this website, just please ask around, i will take any advice.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi greyhulk2.

I want to get something from this website too, the prices seem too good to be true.

I found one man on a German forum complaining about them, google translate results :

"So I've ordered from (hardwareking dot de) a PS3 but only in retrospect on the internet (eg here: Hardwareking.de - Neukölln, Berlin - Computer Shops) read that this provider is highly dubious. Now I've been trying to achieve this by e-mail or telephone, but the e-mails and phone are no answers is either busy or nobody answers it. Now the money is gone and no more contact to the seller. How should I act now and how much is the chance that I get my money back?"

On the other hand they score 80% on webutation.net

But this could easily be done by themselves, but 80% is bad for a retailer ...

I looked up who owns the domain-name 'hardwarekings.net", the results are suspicious, all of their contact info is privacy-protected.

So my advice would be don't buy from them, i'm not going to.

When something seems to good to be true it usually is.

I had links for you here but i can't post links coz i've just registered.

Happy (safe) Christmas :)

Reactions: Wreck
Hey Deepcut thanks for replying, ive posted the same question on another forum called tehparadox and someone has ordered a HDD off Hardwareking.
He told me he will contact me if his HDD delivers.

Do you want me to contact you if his delivery succeeds?

Like you said the prices on that website are amazing haha

Cheers

How about seeing if htey sell on ebay as well ? You'd have much more protection that way if so ... some sites use same name for username etc.

Yeah ebay is great, i have bought sevreal things off there before. But this graphics card which i am looking for is very expensive.
All i can do is wait and be patient

Hello,

I've just registered to comment on this thread which is the only reference to experiences with this website that I've found. I've been tempted to buy off this website as well because their hard disks are really cheap and so is a low profile graphics card (palit gts 450) which I've been after for a few weeks now. However, I think I will stay away for a variety of reasons (added to those stated by Deepcut):
I've created an account and simultated the order process and the only payment method showing up is "Cheque/Money Order", no Paypal, no debit cards , nothing. And that's suspicious already. Then they don't give any details on the shipping, just that it's free for everyone ????? Surely that can't be true. No way. National maybe, international of bulky items NO WAY. And then their website is dodgy and too standard without any customisations of the regular template.

So conclusion, let's wait for this person from the other forum to let you know if his hdd arrives and then we can draw more conclusions. But for the time bein, I would just wait and be cautious.

I hope this helps.

Pintycar

Reactions: greyhulk2 and Wreck
Here is the address stated.

HardwareKing
Platz der Einheit 1
D-60327 Frankfurt
Deutschland / Germany

Reactions: surfury
This is actually very strange cos they were the only site (from a Google search) who stocked the memory I was referring to in my thread here. While the memory I'm after is only(!) €77 (about USD100) I was also very suspicious. Something just didn't seem right with the site, don't ask me what though.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys i know im late writing back, sorry. This website just seems to be to good to be true, the prices are great and other websites should look at the prices and go yeah lets use them (then everyone will buy more stuff) haha.

Thanks for posting that Zero i never knew they were banned from ebay :/ does not sound good!
Did you know there was a website called hardwareking .de which got shutdown by the german police and the people got arrested, could it be the same website? :/
Why does google allow the website to be in the 'shopping' section, they should find out who they are and if they work before letting them be on.

Ill post on this thread in a couple of days if or if not the guy from tehparadox gets his HDD.

Cheers.

Here is the address stated.

HardwareKing
Platz der Einheit 1
D-60327 Frankfurt
Deutschland / Germany

I've just Google Earthed this place. Looks really nice. In fact, to nice.

' Platz der Einheit ' when translated means ' Space in the unit '. ' Platz der Einheit ' when google image searched appear's to be a sculpture.

I was considering a purchase from them also. Something didn't look right so I googled. That lead me to you guy's.

After reading this thread, I reckon the best thing to do would be to give this place a wide birth.

Last edited:
i think the best thing to do is order something really cheap off there (the cheapest thing you can find) and see if it comes, if it doesnt then you know not to buy off that website

Hey guys,

I also came across good deals on this website (LaCie external drive), and thought something was just off. And like some of you above was brought here by a google search.

As a German-speaker (although a Pole) just wanted to clarify from the previous post, "Platz der Einheit" is an actual place, and it doesn't mean "space in the unit", but "Unity Square", which is a square in the centre of Frankfurt am Main. And there is a fancy office building there.
A bit too fancy for the standard of the website, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I'm subscribing to this post as I'm curious if anyone finds out if they are legit or not.

Hardwareking?

Hi Guys,

I have just registered to post a reply.

Tried several times to get an answer as to why they only accept a check (cheque) or Money Order and so far have not received a reply; which is not good.

Their prices are way low and as already posted - Free delivery worldwide! Oh come on, lets get real here.

Had briefly considered ordering a Hard Disk from them (but only briefly) as they are quoting £28.00 for a 1TB External Drive, which is being sold elsewhere for over £100.00 Plus shipping.

I'm going to stay well away from that.

Thanks chaps for the heads up.

Regards

Peter

Buyer Beware

It's a SCAM, check the hotdeals website. I can't post the link because this is my first post:angry:

The prices are so good I wish it were real though.

Reactions: surfury
Status
Not open for further replies.