Multi Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (2017)

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Ninja Theory's Upcoming Game,
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Hellblade_Playstation_Mag_Cover_Final.jpg

Release Date: Aug 8, 2017
Purchase Links:
STEAM $29.99
:amazon: N/A

smiley_gaming.gif

Hellblade banner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Noodles
9/10 from IGN... though this part of the review left me worried:

And yet, like most of Hellblade, combat is still a tense experience knowing that dying too many times (in or out of combat) will cause your save to be deleted and you’ll be forced to start from the beginning. While that might sound draconian in execution, its tie-ins to the story are concrete, reinforcing a system where failure carries meaning rather than simply acting like a gimmick to artificially inflate difficulty. And though I don't think I ever got close to having my save data destroyed, every time I got close to dying carried much more weight and impact with this knowledge.

That sounds really, really dumb to me. I would not be happy if I was 90% through and then lost my save file.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
So, even though Hellblade was a timed PS4 exclusive, it looks like it'll be the final Ninja Theory game to ever appear on a PlayStation console. At E3, Microsoft announced their acquisition of Ninja Theory. Yup, the long-time PlayStation/multi-plat developer has been bought and all future games will appear on Xbox only.

I found this announcement to be a little strange since Ninja Theory was always boasting about being independent forever-and-always. I guess Hellblade took a large dent out of their wallet. Good for them, though. If this is what they wanted, they deserve it. They're such a talented studio and Microsoft is lucky to have them.

One thing's for sure... we'll definitely never see a Heavenly Sword sequel now.

• Thanks
So, even though Hellblade was a timed PS4 exclusive, it looks like it'll be the final Ninja Theory game to ever appear on a PlayStation console. At E3, Microsoft announced their acquisition of Ninja Theory. Yup, the long-time PlayStation/multi-plat developer has been bought and all future games will appear on Xbox only.

I found this announcement to be a little strange since Ninja Theory was always boasting about being independent forever-and-always. I guess Hellblade took a large dent out of their wallet. Good for them, though. If this is what they wanted, they deserve it. They're such a talented studio and Microsoft is lucky to have them.

One thing's for sure... we'll definitely never see a Heavenly Sword sequel now.

@bloodsnake007 I guess this is why it went to Xbox.

• Helpful Post