Her (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #17) [Korea]

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: October 31, 2014
Purchase links: Lenticular - Full Slip - One Click (Pre-order October 2 at 2 PM Korea time)
Price: $34.99 (Lenti or Full Slip) - $68.98 (One Click)
Notes: High Glossy, Made in Denmark. Available: 700 Lenti - 700 Full Slip - 100 One Click

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

14110472688722946.gif
14110473509342919.gif

10557211_1575591692668042_1789685991619210406_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that it doesn't make much sense having Scarlett on there... it should be either Amy Adams or Rooney Mara IMO.

Still, it looks really nice and I'll definitely be picking it up! :)

Did some.... ahem "research" and found the picture I believe is the one used for the front cover.

Scarlett-Johansson-21.jpg

I don't think it was taken to promote the film

I agree that Scarlett's very, very, very beautiful face shouldn't be in the artwork, or at least not in the front cover. :)

tbh I hadn't even noticed Scarlett's face :kiss:

Nice puppies, huh?! :p

cute-puppies-nice-wallpaper-1024x768.jpg

i also liked it very much (just watched it last week so it's quite fresh in my memory). the acting is great throughout, it's definitely more challenging than an average love flick, but without getting too artsy or over-ambitious. maybe i was just in the right mood while watching, but it was very easy for me to connect to the main character's emotions.

+ i watched all the extras (on the canadian disc i got for cheap) and it seems all folks involved in making this film had a great time together on the set.

i'm very happy that this film is getting a beautiful steelbook release. well deserved imo.

Great looking slips, both of them. It doesn't specify, but the full slip looks like it will have a gatefold cover. Does anybody know if that's correct?

Again, this will be my first purchase, so when would be the estimated time this will go live for pre order??
The preorder time/dates for kimchi change with each release. Just add this thread to your "watch" list, then you'll know the exact time when it's announced.
Who read the small print in the Full Slip description: "Large full slip artwork (Digital code like 0, 1 will be embossed by glossy epoxy)"
View attachment 101493
That will look amazing!
I think the lenticular is much prettier, but if the full slip turns out to be gatefold and use this embossing then I may have to buy both.

So has no-one at Kimchi actually seen the film? Its this kind of blunder that stirs up doubt in my mind when it comes to the perceived notion that we're dealing with passionate film lovers here. Of course people can be quick to tell me if I don't like it I don't need to buy it and while this is true, I think it goes beyond liking/disliking a design and straight into product misrepresentation. Anyone who hasn't seen the film but fancies it based off thinking Scarlett's physically there could be left disappointed. Plus it just annoys me personally as I happen to love the film and love that they resisted turning things into S1mOne in the last act!

I feel the full slip design makes perfect sense. The entire film is about a man falling in love with a girl that only exists in a computer, therefore only existing in computer code 0's and 1's. So making the focus of the film (a virtual girl) the front cover design surely makes perfect sense. It would have made sense with any beautiful woman on the front made out of 0's and 1's, to depict the virtual woman he falls in love with, and Scarlett obviously made the most sense as she is the voice of the virtual woman.

This will hopefully be my first kimchi purchase. Loving the look of the lenticular version so I'll try and get that one. Would like the 36 page booklet too but I'm not really feeling the design of the full slip although Scarlett does look hot and I do like the open phone part with call from Samantha on it. I'll have to register with kimchi soon.

Reactions: tnguyen13
Seriously though, what's all the complaints with Scarlet on the front cover? If you have watched the film and actually "feel" the emotions, the realistic that the film delivers, you'd totally understand why "Samantha" is on the cover. Scarlet made Samantha so real to the point when I watched it, I thought Scarlet was actually there in the movie and I think the majority of film critics agree with me on that, and that's one of the reasons why the movie is really high-rated. Also, isn't it what you imagine Samantha will look like too? So what's wrong with having "Samantha" on there?? I don't get it. And if anyone who hasn't watched the movie but decide to get this steelbook without even doing a little research about what it is about, then they buy it because of the beautiful design and I'm sure they won't be disappointed after watching the movie because after all, it is the steelbook that they care about. And it's not like it's a "fake advertising" of kimchi or something, Scarlet is actually filming the movie, even just her voice, that still counts.

I feel the full slip design makes perfect sense. The entire film is about a man falling in love with a girl that only exists in a computer, therefore only existing in computer code 0's and 1's. So making the focus of the film (a virtual girl) the front cover design surely makes perfect sense. It would have made sense with any beautiful woman on the front made out of 0's and 1's, to depict the virtual woman he falls in love with, and Scarlett obviously made the most sense as she is the voice of the virtual woman.

Come on, the whole point of the movie is to present the idea of loving someone/something non-visual, intangible. He develops feelings for the "personality", not the "image". Throwing on a visual representation of that personality (that never even appears in the film) is absolutely wrong. Jonze specifically decided and went to great lengths (which was a superb directorial decision) to NOT give Samantha a "face". Surely you don't think that was just a random coincidence.

Also, if the fact that the picture is made out of zeroes and ones represents a virtual woman (I get the idea, I just think that the execution is a tad lazy), why is his face also made up of zeroes and ones? Does it represent him as a virtual person as well? Or are we just going to be inconsistent and decide when there is a subtext to the design and when it's just there to look pretty.

Any way you look at it, the decision is completely unjustifiable in the context with the movie. Those who don't really care about respecting the artistic vision of the film will be ok with it though...

Isn't it as simple as if you don't agree with the deaign of full slip then you can have the Lenti. But i find it funny how you guys didn't even give Scarlett any credit for being Samantha and MADE the whole movie. Did Amy Adams made the movie good? No! It was Scarlett. And to be honest, if it wasn't for Scarlet,a lot of ppl wouldn't even watch it in the first place.

Reactions: tnguyen13