Hidefninja new SteelBook™ Collector Lounge

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
*For retailer-specific chat, please visit the new Retailer Steelbook Zone here

Welcome all Steelbook newcomers from around the world!

For more Steelbook lists, pictures, and resources visit:

This is a thread for those new to the hobby or those with general questions about collecting Steelbooks, including retailer-specific questions.

To keep things organized, please keep all trading talk in the Trading forum, and search for specific Steelbooks for more specific title-specific questions.

I am sure our seasoned members are happy to provide assistance, so please don't be afraid to ask-we all started this addiction somewhere. Regardless if your collection is small or large, someone here can probably help.

Have fun!:D
DB

Steelbook & Collecting FAQ's:

Q: Where can I find a list of Steelbooks released?

A: blu-raysteelbooks.com

Q: Can I play movies contained inside Steelbooks on my Blu-Ray Player?

A: It depends-Blu-Rays are coded with Region A, B or C. Most Blu-Rays are "unlocked", regardless of what region they are, but it's always a good idea to check this forum or web resources before buying, as some are "locked".

Q: What are the differences between Steelbooks™, Iron Packs™, Metal Paks™, Viva Metal Boxes, Tins, etc?

A: Check out pics and discussion in our forum here

Q: What does "G1" and "G2" mean when discussing Steelbooks?

A: "G1" (1st Generation) refers to a Blu-Ray in a DVD-sized case. And "G2" (2nd Generation) refers to a Blu-Ray in a Blu-Ray-sized case.

Q: How to fix a loose disc on a steelbook you want to keep factory sealed that came with a floater?

A: Fixing a loose disc

Q: How do I navigate international shopping sites?

A: You can download a free 'add on' for most browsers called 'Google Translate'. Once you have it installed, the pages will translate automatically.

Q: I have many more questions-is there a general list of links to help me learn about Steelbooks, protecting them, etc?

A: Yes, here

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys

Been 'soft collecting' steels for about 6/7 months and am attempting to concentrate on 4 ( originally 2!) areas.

Marvel
Disney ( despite all the issues around certain Zavvi decisions)
Horror
& All time Classics ( anything else worthy, my catch all)

Anyway, I wondered if there was a list, hopefully illustrated hopefully, anywhere on here or elsewhere that details all of the Marvel character steel releases?
I have been looking but any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers. Mark

My apologies, I haven't noticed this thread an question til now.

I've been trying to keep a running Excel file on all of the Marvel Steelbooks, (Steelbooks only). You can look over my list here.

If anyone spots anything incorrect or missing, I would greatly appreciate it if you could PM the info to me so that I could add it to the list. :thumbs:

Last edited:
i see a few viva metal boxes i there and metalpak .... maybe deem the list "Marvel Metal" *shrug*

i see a few viva metal boxes i there and metalpak .... maybe deem the list "Marvel Metal" *shrug*

I'm still trying to clean those out! :p This info is extracted from another list that I've been tracking. Anyway, look it over now and let me know if I've missed anything. There are probably too many metal packs and Vivas that I've missed so weeding them out of the list may be easier.

i believe xmen first class was only in UK and FR ..... not thai and nz ... I think those are the metalpak and viva?

I'm new here and wondering where the best place to start would be in collecting steels? I have a huge collection of regular blu rays, but just recently got into steelbooks and don't want to get ripped off.

I'm new here and wondering where the best place to start would be in collecting steels? I have a huge collection of regular blu rays, but just recently got into steelbooks and don't want to get ripped off.

Welcome to HDN :)

You've come to the right place. I recommend you have a look around, participate in discussions and once you've reached 30 non-spammy posts, you'll be able to access this thread and seek advice from other fellow collectors about the value of certain titles etc... :scat:

welcome, + congrats, you just found the best place. :)

Welcome to HDN :)

You've come to the right place. I recommend you have a look around, participate in discussions and once you've reached 30 non-spammy posts, you'll be able to access thread and seek advice from other fellow collectors about the value of certain titles etc... :scat:

Thank you guys! I am on BD a lot, but have found that steels aren't as popular on there as on here! I have seen this site mentioned in a lot of steel videos on youtube!

I currently have a lot of US release steels, but they seem to be inferior to a lot of releases out there! Plus I want to get my steel collection to growwwww!

Welcome! You've joined the best forum on the planet for advice[emoji106]

Check out the retailer thread which has direct links to companies like Zavvi, The Hut Amazon etc who all sell Steelbooks in the UK you also have Asian Steelbook retailers like Kimchi, K2DVD etc.

Good luck.

Reactions: cooey
Hi. I'm new here! Been a Blu fan for a while, now I'm getting into steelbooks. Only have two so far - both Hunger Games UK. Really into Disney so going to start buying them up fast. Going to get Aladdin first. £23 is a good price sealed?

I signed up as a member some time ago to access some SteelBook images I was looking at on the internet but have not really used the site much. This has a better SteelBook section than anywhere else I've seen and from now on I think I'll be a frequent visitor.

I have been collecting SteelBooks for about 18 months now and in the beginning bought just about anything I could! I have now calmed down for the most part and am trying to concentrate on a few specific areas. This is were I think this site will come most handy.

Reactions: Wreck
Hi, I to signed up to this site a year ago when I began collecting steelbooks but never used it to it's full potential. I was buying stuff for the sake of it and have thinned out completely just down to the films I really love.

Looking to get involved with some Kimchi purchases, especially with some great releases coming up from them, this place seems to be the best place to do that.

I only really started collecting last year, Zombieland being my first and i was hooked! I have about 25-30 now. not sure on totals as i'm working away till september and i've been buying them on zavvi and ebay these last 3 months lol! so all the new ones i've bought are piling up by my front door!!