Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
E-mail sent 1/29/2013:

"
Dear Sir / Madam,

HMV UK Limited (In Administration) (the “Company")

Further to your email, I write to confirm that after an assessment of the Company's financial position, internet orders that have been fully paid for prior to the Company entering into administration will be delivered over the next five working days. Internet orders that have not been paid for will be cancelled and a notification of this cancellation will be sent by e-mail over the next 48 hours.

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact the e-mail address above.

Yours faithfully
For and on behalf of the Company

M S Watson
For R J Harding
Joint Administrator
"

Hilco takes control of HMV-thanks snoo

Link

Former web customer service address was: [email protected]

Phone:

Customer Service: 0207 303 0700

*Multiple members have stated that HMV has said that all pre-orders have been cancelled.

0845 603 8576 (local rate call)
020 8495 4434

Message posted at HMV site:

hmv.jpg

seen elsewhere via web but thanks to Our members for posting.

"Cross Sale on CD’s, DVD’s, Blu-rays, box sets and games across 230 stores and online comes just weeks after the traditional Boxing Day sale.

Last month the company admitted it is likely to breach its banking covenant - throwing the entertainment retailer's financial future into doubt.

A failure to fulfil lending requirements often signals a company is close to administration, retail analyst Robert Clark told Sky News.

"A lot becomes clear after Christmas - the sale suggests that they didn't have a good one and are trying to reel in as much cash to tie things over," he said.

"I’m not sure how much time they’ve got. I don’t think they’ll be able to sway their bankers. Financial institutions are less likely to show patience in this climate."

But HMV’s chief executive Trevor Moore said in December that closing more stores or placing the business into administration was not "part of our plan" and that the firm was in "constructive discussions" with banks about its performance.

HMV spokesman Gennaro Castaldo told Sky News the Blue Cross Sale was not unusual for this time of year.

"Normally we'd look to run a multi-buy campaign of some kind at this time of year, but we thought we'd freshen our promotional mix up a bit and try something a bit different that will hopefully stand out from all the other sale offers on the high street right now," he said.

The retailer has taken a huge hit in the face of competition from online retailers like Amazon and Play.

But analysts argue that HMV has failed to reinvent itself in the last 15 years and invest in its stores to keep up with the modern technology revolution.

In December, despite numerous promotions,it announced total sales had fallen 13.5%, while like-for-like sales were down 10.2% in the six months to October 27.

HMV reported a loss before tax of £37.3m - an improvement on the £48.1m loss over the same period the year before. But net debt at the 91 year-old company increased from £163.7m to £176.1m.-bank-deadline."

:::: Digitalbabe ::::

Staff: Community Manager
Hidefninja.com

From LV-426 on iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if HMV did go belly up i think the online will still stay just like zavvi.

So no cherry picking steels chances of the dreaded slashed spine and damaged case.

Sad news though if they kept there prices lower maybe it would of had a chance GAME still haven't learned on that front either and they get a second chance.EEK!

Amazon do carry some but whether they'll take up Hmv and plays quota of exclusives, I don't know.

I really hoped that best buy would make it in the uk, but that was crap. The Liverpool one had a good blu section but it was just a big carphone warehouse.

The only other giant is a sleeping giant and would need too big an overhaul. They recently went backwards IMO. Asda Walmart heavily reduced their blu sections when they merged the DVD and bluray charts. T be honest, I don't see Walmart in the states doing much steel wise now. Best buy seem to have that sewn up with target the next best.

That's entertainment seem to be flogging blockbusters ex rentals at the moment. Someone said bee.com stores were shutting, not sure that is correct, but it's going to be a case of online ordering only no competition = higher prices. Free amazon shipping probably scrapped.

Some people won't be bothered about no blus on the high street. "Ah well, I'll just download it!"

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

There is still amazon.uk and if not the soon to get a price raised foreign steels to choose :ohno:

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

It's down capiche no more !!!!!!

Still working here.

Cannot access my account. Wanted to check my pre orders, but no go.

I could add to my basket but not check out. Very worrying, but more for those losing their jobs. Bummer:(

Terrible news, there must be a helluva amount of people who work for them right? Worse than what's happening with Play :(

Cannot access my account. Wanted to check my pre orders, but no go.

I could add to my basket but not check out. Very worrying, but more for those losing their jobs. Bummer

I imagine the site is getting a lot of traffic right now, which will be causing it to run very slow. Probably everyone doing the same thing checking their accounts

Reactions: travid
Terrible news, there must be a helluva amount of people who work for them right? Worse than what's happening with Play :(

It really sucks. I know a lot of guys and girls in the various hmvs I go to. They're a sound lot. They know their stuff and gutted for them as well.

It sucks in the uk that we can't go steelbook hunting on the high street, now we can't go slipcover hunting. Get ready for amazon, will we won't we get a slipcover. Ask them and wait 24-48 hours to find out, then get it slipless or damage. Been there, done it.

I don't get the concern for "UK steelbooks". Not counting game retailers, I have a dozen other UK retailers bookmarked that I have bought steelbooks from. They are still a good earner, as they encourage early full price purchases and allow stores to sell catalogue titles that they'd normally sell at £5-£6 for £10-£12. Having one less shop to use doesn't change supply and demand.

The high street is dying because it's awful. You can't get parked, the opening hours are terrible (9 to 5? Who can actually shop then?), and the choice is limited. The massive rent costs in the centre of towns and cities doesn't help either. I feel bad for anyone losing their job, but times change. Most of the roof thatchers and chimney sweeps lost their jobs as well.

This is not the current government's fault, if anything it's ours. We just don't use this kind of retailer as much any more. It's like when people complain that supermarkets replaced the local butcher and fruit shop. Well, that's because everyone stopped shopping there. If you liked them so much, why did you stop?

Bad news.... HMV and GAME are the only 2 decent shops left in my town. The rest are clothes shops. Im screwed.

After suffering redundancy a few months back and 20 months ago too....I really feel for the staff, there were some good and helpful staff near me!!

On another note I hope they continue online with the Exclusive steelbooks!!

I think if HMV did go belly up i think the online will still stay just like zavvi.

Karl I totally agree, I was informed once by an employee of Hmv that the reason everything was cheaper on their website because it was run throu someone else or something like that, so I believe they will be like zavvi

I imagine the site is getting a lot of traffic right now, which will be causing it to run very slow. Probably everyone doing the same thing checking their accounts

Checked again and you were correct!

It would be nice if they fulfilled their pre orders. (Still keeping the job losses in my mind:()

Reactions: zoneism
Directors are meeting as we speak, and they're likely to go into administration tomorrow morning. Future Shop, if you know anything about business opportunities, there's a gap in the UK market that needs filling fast :ohno:

Reactions: Frasr
Directors are meeting as we speak, and they're likely to go into administration tomorrow morning. Future Shop, if you know anything about business opportunities, there's a gap in the UK market that needs filling fast :ohno:

Wishful thinking. Would be nice. Can't see it unfortunately. Amazon too big for anyone to take them on. :(

More chance of a HDN website selling exclusive steels with UK discs in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.