HMV Vinyl Week 2018 [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
It's that time of year again and in just a few short weeks we will once again be launching hmv Vinyl Week, with loads of discounts available on a huge range of vinyl and some very special exclusive titles available only in hmv stores.

hmv Vinyl Week begins on June 8th, when you'll be able to get your hands on some of the best-selling and best-loved albums on vinyl at great prices in our stores and online, but today we can reveal the first four exclusive titles, available in-store only and due to arrive on Saturday June 16th:

nMcXyVM.jpg

Liam Gallagher: As You Were (Picture Disc - 3000 copies)

The former Oasis frontman released his debut album As You Were in October last year and the album will be available as a picture disc for the first time when our exclusive arrives in stores on June 16th.

Siouxsie and The Banshees: Juju (Gold Vinyl - 1000 copies)

First released in 1981, the fourth album from Siouxsie and the Banshees remains one of their finest and includes hits such as 'Spellbound' and 'Arabian Knights'. Our exclusive edition is pressed onto stunning gold vinyl and limited to just 1000 copies.

The Proclaimers: Sunshine on Leith (Green Vinyl - 500 copies)

Scottish duo The Proclaimers released their second studio album in 1988 and Sunshine on Leith and with hits like '500 Miles' it remains their most popular album to date. While the album has released on vinyl before, this is the first time Sunshine on Leith has been available on green wax and our exclusive vinyl is limited to just 500 copies.

Various Artists: Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels OST (Yellow & Black Splatter Vinyl - 1000 copies)

As one of the most well-known British films of the 1990s and the film that launched the career of director Guy Ritchie, Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels needs little introduction and its soundtrack is one of the decade's most iconic, but on June 16th you'll be able to get your hands on this exlusive vinyl edition on yellow & black splatter vinyl.

All the exclusive titles are available in-store only from June 16th and are available on a first-come, first-served basis, so be sure to get down to your local hmv nice and early!

More exclusive titles will be revealed in the coming weeks, until then you can take a look at the Liam Gallagher picture disc coming fresh off the production line in the video below...

This weeks reveal

BE811BFC-99A9-45CC-B74B-87C4FB7F9017.jpeg

T-Rex: Tanx (Pink Etched Vinyl - 1000 copies)

The eighth studio album from Marc Bolan & co. (and their fourth under the abbreviated name T-Rex), Tanx arrived in 1973 and took the band in a slightly different direction, embracing the sounds of soul & funk and moving away from the pure, unadulterated glam of their earlier records. Our exclusive version coming to stores on June 16th is a beautiful limited edition pressed onto etched pink vinyl.

Mamma Mia! OST (Picture Disc - 1000 copies)

Up until now, the only time that the soundtrack for the hit musical based on the songs of ABBA has been released on vinyl was an extremely limited run in the U.S. in 2017, but this year we've gone one better with this exclusive picture disc, limited to 1000 copies and available only at hmv stores.

OMD - History of Modern (Yellow Vinyl - 500 copies)

Synth-pop outfit Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark made a comeback in 2010 after an absence of nearly a decade-and-a-half with their 11th studio album History of Modern, and on June 16th you'll be able to get your hands on this exclusive limited edition pressed onto colourful yellow vinyl.

Stereophonics - Decade in the Sun (Gold Vinyl - 1000 copies)

A decade on from the release of this greatest hits compilation from Welsh rockers Stereophonics, a brand new limited edition version of Decade in the Sun pressed onto stunning gold vinyl will be landing on the shelves in hmv stores.

Def Leppard - Vault (Clear Vinyl - 1000 copies)

Sheffield heavy metal legends Def Leppard have handed us an exclusive limited run of their greatest hits compilation charting their first 15 years of hits. Pressed onto clear vinyl, Vault is set to arrive stores along with the other exclusive titles on June 16th.

All the exclusive titles are available in-store only and are available on a first-come, first-served basis, so be sure to get down to your local hmv nice and early!

More exclusive titles will be revealed next week, stay tuned...

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
There are now just a few days to go until hmv Vinyl Week kicks off in stores, with loads of discounts available on a huge range of vinyl and some very special exclusive titles available only in hmv stores.

hmv Vinyl Week begins on June 8th, when you'll be able to get your hands on some of the best-selling and best-loved albums on vinyl at great prices in our stores and online, but today we can reveal the final list of exclusive titles, available in-store only and due to arrive on Saturday June 16th:

eNryR04.jpg

Doctor Who: Infamy of the Zaross (Yellow Vinyl - 750 copies)

Part of the Tenth Doctor Adventures, this Doctor Who story features the voices of David Tennant and Billie Piper as the Doctor and his companion Rose battle an alien invasion. The adventure is brought to life on bright yellow vinyl and is limited to just 750 copies.

Suede - Dog Man Star (Olive Vinyl - 1000 copies)

The second album from Suede and the last to feature guitarist Bernard Butler, Dog Man Star arrived in 1994 followed the band's hugely successful eponymous debut album. This exclusive 2LP edition is pressed onto olive-coloured vinyl and limited to just 1000 copies.

The Pogues - The Very Best of The Pogues (Orange Vinyl - 500 copies)

Later this year The Pogues are set to reissue their greatest hits compilation on vinyl, but as part of hmv Vinyl Week not only will you be able to get your hands on a copy before anyone else, we also have an extremely limited run of the album presssed onto beautiful orange vinyl.

Fairport Convention - Liege & Lief (Island Pink Vinyl - 500 copies)

First released in 1969, Liege & Lief is the fourth album from folk-rock group Fairport Convention and the last of the band's albums to feature vocalist Sandy Denny, who departed the band before the album even hit the shelves. This very limited edition of 500 copies in pressed onto 'Island pink' vinyl and arrives in stores on June 16th.

Chris Rea - Road to Hell (Purple Vinyl - 500 copies)

Undoubtedly Chris Rea's most well-known album, Road to Hell is coming to hmv stores in the form of this extremely limited edition pressed onto stunning purple vinyl.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
The list of hmv Vinyl Week exclusives in full...

Liam Gallagher: As You Were (Picture Disc - 3000 copies)

Siouxsie and The Banshees: Juju (Gold Vinyl - 1000 copies)

The Proclaimers: Sunshine on Leith (Green Vinyl - 500 copies)

Various Artists: Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels OST (Yellow & Black Splatter Vinyl - 1000 copies)

T-Rex: Tanx (Pink Etched Vinyl - 1000 copies)

Mamma Mia! OST (Picture Disc - 1000 copies)

OMD - History of Modern (Yellow Vinyl - 500 copies)

Stereophonics - Decade in the Sun (Gold Vinyl - 1000 copies)

Def Leppard - Vault (Clear Vinyl - 1000 copies)

Doctor Who: Infamy of the Zaross (Yellow Vinyl - 750 copies)

Suede - Dog Man Star (Olive Vinyl - 1000 copies)

The Pogues - The Very Best of The Pogues (Orange Vinyl - 500 copies)

Fairport Convention - Liege & Lief (Island Pink Vinyl - 500 copies)

Chris Rea - Road to Hell (Purple Vinyl - 500 copies)

All the exclusive titles are available in-store only from June 16th and are available on a first-come, first-served basis, so be sure to get down to your local hmv nice and early!

You going for anything @Noodles ?

Nothing really grabbing me this year apart from the lock stock OST which I might grab

The only other ones that I find decent are phonics and pogues but I’m not going to bother with them

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
You going for anything @Noodles ?

Nothing really grabbing me this year apart from the lock stock OST which I might grab

The only other ones that I find decent are phonics and pogues but I’m not going to bother with them
Nah, same here mate... nothing interests me. The Lock Stock OST does look nice, but I'd probably never listen to it, so it'd be a waste of money for me.