PS4 Horizon: Zero Dawn - Collector's Edition

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
RELEASE DATE: Feb. 28, 2017

image.jpeg

Ahhh, might finally be time to get a PS4! That is a great lookin' statue, no surprise as it is designed by GentleGiant! Game looks amazing so far, too. Really looking forward to this.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Really nice looking edition... I especially like the steelbook. Just a shame I have no interest in the game.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Really nice looking edition... I especially like the steelbook. Just a shame I have no interest in the game.

For some reason, I'm having trouble getting excited, too. I feel like between Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Colossus, and Enslaved, I've already played the best versions of this. It looks great, but the Killzone games don't really do anything for me, so I can't get excited over this being the new game from those developers. And then that video where the girl slides down the rope with her bare hands instead of using her bow? Yeah, that really bothered me.

I'll play this eventually, but it's coming out against Zelda... and Zelda will win that battle every single time.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
For some reason, I'm having trouble getting excited, too. I feel like between Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Colossus, and Enslaved, I've already played the best versions of this. It looks great, but the Killzone games don't really do anything for me, so I can't get excited over this being the new game from those developers. And then that video where the girl slides down the rope with her bare hands instead of using her bow? Yeah, that really bothered me.

I'll play this eventually, but it's coming out against Zelda... and Zelda will win that battle every single time.
That's pretty much why I'm struggling to get excited for it too... I feel like I've played this type of game a million times before. I have a stack of incomplete games for that exact reason... Tomb Raider being one of them. :bag:

The only games that seem to really excite me nowadays are indie games, because they actually take risks to try new things. Oh, and The Last of Us, of course! :D

That's pretty much why I'm struggling to get excited for it too... I feel like I've played this type of game a million times before. I have a stack of incomplete games for that exact reason... Tomb Raider being one of them. :bag:

The only games that seem to really excite me nowadays are indie games, because they actually take risks to try new things. Oh, and The Last of Us, of course! :D

I've pretty much been in the same boat. A new AAA game in Canada costs a minimum of $90 now after tax, so for the price of one (most likely) mediocre AAA title, I could buy three or four (most likely) great, innovative indie games. The only two "big" games that I bought last year at launch were Uncharted 4 (and we all know how that turned out for me) and The Last Guardian (still haven't got around to playing it). I bought Battlefield 1 after the first price drop so I could play online with my brother, but I'm struggling to play through the campaign. It's just so boring to me.

Ever since Horizon was announced, I've had trouble getting excited for it. At this rate, I'll probably just for a price somewhere between the $20 and $30 range.

Games that I'm most interested for in (confirmed for) 2017: Sniper Elite 4, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey, Little Nightmares, Rime, Friday the 13th: The Game, Shenmue III, What Remains of Edith Finch, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, and Boundless. In that list, there's only three "big" games that I'm actually looking forward to... and even then, Hellblade is more of an independent game at this point. Mass Effect Andromeda looks interesting, but I won't play it until I've played the original trilogy. Horizon doesn't even crack my Top 10. I'm sure it's going to be a good game (possibly great), but I just don't have any interest in it. Ten years ago I would've been psyched for it, but like my comic-reading and movie-watching, my tastes gravitate more to the smaller, indie releases now.

And you need to pull Tomb Raider out and play it. It's incredible! It's just as good as the Uncharted games. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I've pre-ordered this and cancelled before release since all previous CE went to the bargain bin some weeks after release. But it sold out, aftermarket went expensive, I cried but then found one sealed for cost.
It's a beauty! And since I didn't played the last Tomb Raider and all the games you mentioned here I'm super excited for this game!

Ohne Titel.png