How do you display your collectibles?

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Hey guys, what do you store your figures in for displaying?

I've seen many people recommend the BESTA cabinets from IKEA

IMG_2561.jpg

And also DETOLF cabinets

ss6zd0.jpg

this is out of topic *sorry.. but any cabinet that you might recommended to display few steelbooks / limited packaging steelbooks. i've been trying to find the good one, but i don't know where to purchase. they have it online - i rather see it and go to the store. maybe ikea also carry ? any respond would be appreciated :)

this is out of topic *sorry.. but any cabinet that you might recommended to display few steelbooks / limited packaging steelbooks. i've been trying to find the good one, but i don't know where to purchase. they have it online - i rather see it and go to the store. maybe ikea also carry ? any respond would be appreciated :)

I'm thinking of getting one of those Detolf cabinets and on each shelf...I'll put one collectible and two steelbooks.

Just a thought at the moment, though. If you don't have any already, you can get some stands to display your steelbooks so that they will stand up.

Looks pretty good Buffalo! If I had things like that at my office, I wouldn't see half of the stuff there when I came back in the office after the weekend. :(

thanks

This figures have been survived several months now and even some office pal kids visits also my daughters visits too, lol

I'm thinking of getting one of those Detolf cabinets and on each shelf...I'll put one collectible and two steelbooks.

Just a thought at the moment, though. If you don't have any already, you can get some stands to display your steelbooks so that they will stand up.

thanks for the info man :) i probably check Ikea.

Here mi office desk top shelf

photo0618w.jpg

nice, if only i have enough free space on my office desk :oohyeah:

Star Wars pwns, but too much politics for me to have stuff like that at my office, and I'm the only one at my office unless someone visits from out of state.

I'll need to get a case like that in my next place, right now I got this double door cabinet in my room and I display stuff on top of it.

Star Wars pwns, but too much politics for me to have stuff like that at my office, and I'm the only one at my office unless someone visits from out of state.

I'll need to get a case like that in my next place, right now I got this double door cabinet in my room and I display stuff on top of it.

any recommendation maybe, where to buy those display stuff cabinet you have in your room ? :D

Hey kids, I'm buying the hot toys mark XXXVIII igor figure and I need a stand alone case, anyone know where the best place to get something like this is?

fcea.jpg

Loews has white adjustible storage shelves. I try to always place a printed background on all three sides and create an environment. Have a piece of plexi glass made with edges smoothed and insert in the opening, then I don't have to do any dusting or cleaning other than light swiffering over the plexi a couple times a year. :happy: Plexi is kept in place by 4 small white plastic shelf holders.
I like these so that if I want to insert a pole or figure on the side of a display, I can use the holes like in my Matrix display. :D
My Star Wars Collection is pretty much all autographs from 2 major conventions in our city and framed displays so that don't have to do much dusting because the figures are in the frames next to the autograph from the character they played.

I had this made from 2 bathroom cabinets from B&Q reduced to clear £1.00 each, just made the shelves wider and installed edge lighting.

Attachments

• DSC08009.JPG
    DSC08009.JPG
    796.4 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC08010.JPG
    DSC08010.JPG
    824.2 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC08013.JPG
    DSC08013.JPG
    837.8 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC08045.JPG
    DSC08045.JPG