苦い
Premium Supporter
Jun 3, 2010
Deep Deep Hole
3D Special Edition

Yesasia
DDDHouse

View attachment 73727

The action-packed flick centers around two Ming Dynasty guards who time travel to modern day Hong Kong. Law Wing Cheong’s ambitious attempt to remake Clarence Fok’s 1989 Hong Kong martial arts fantasy The Iceman Cometh is beset by multiple problems, from a patchy incoherent script, to jarring shifts in tone and genre, and sub-par action and effects sequences that even the star presence of Donnie Yen may find hard to reconcile.

Last edited by a moderator:
kinda funny the quote in OP kinda bashes it ....

"The Iceman Cometh is beset by multiple problems, from a patchy incoherent script, to jarring shifts in tone and genre, and sub-par action and effects sequences that even the star presence of Donnie Yen may find hard to reconcile."

funny how it says subpar yet that trailer shows some CRAZY action sequences. Also it boasted largest production swordsman masterpiece? in Chinese film history? The effects I saw looked on course with a large production so odd too they bash the effects. 0_o this is why I make my own judgments ... my guess is it will be cheesy at times but some good ol popcorn fun!

kinda funny the quote in OP kinda bashes it ....

"The Iceman Cometh is beset by multiple problems, from a patchy incoherent script, to jarring shifts in tone and genre, and sub-par action and effects sequences that even the star presence of Donnie Yen may find hard to reconcile."

funny how it says subpar yet that trailer shows some CRAZY action sequences. Also it boasted largest production swordsman masterpiece? in Chinese film history? The effects I saw looked on course with a large production so odd too they bash the effects. 0_o this is why I make my own judgments ... my guess is it will be cheesy at times but some good ol popcorn fun!

Yeah I know, but all my buddies that are avid Kung-fu/DY fan, told me that this movie is quite fun. I'll have to check this out.