Horror-Theatrical Insidious: Chapter 2 - In theaters September 13, 2013

darczap

Premium Supporter
Aug 16, 2010
NJ
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Insidious: Chapter 2 (2013)

Tagline: It will take what you love most.

Genre: [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]James Wan[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Patrick Wilson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rose Byrne[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ty Simpkins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lin Shaye[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Barbara Hershey[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Steve Coulter[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Leigh Whannell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Angus Sampson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andrew Astor[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hank Harris[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jocelin Donahue[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lindsay Seim[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Danielle Bisutti[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tyler Griffin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Garrett Ryan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tom Fitzpatrick[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2013-09-12[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]106[/RUNTIME]

Plot: The haunted Lambert family seeks to uncover the mysterious childhood secret that has left them dangerously connected to the spirit world.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
qjzk0pig5c7aTLlvKzcegD9PXA.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

For the Insidious fans!!

Link to Variety article.

'Insidious' sequel in the works
Director James Wan and same creative team back for more horror

By DAVE MCNARY

A sequel to "Insidious" is on the way with the same creative team on board.
James Wan is in talks to direct again with Leigh Whannell on board to script. Jason Blum will again produce through his Blumhouse Prods. shingle with Brian Kavanaugh Jones, Oren Peli and Steven Schneider exec producing.

The sequel -- which will go into production later this year for a 2013 release -- will be financed by Alliance Films which also financed the first film.

"Insidious" was a surprise hit last year with $54 million in domestic cume as the first title from FilmDistrict and $155 million worldwide.

The original "Insidious," with a $1.5 million budget, starred Patrick Wilson and Rose Byrne as parents confronting the demons that possessed their young son. Wan and Whannell are keeping the plot of the sequel under wraps.

"Insidious" was picked up by Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions at the 2010 Toronto fest. SPWA has acquired U.S. rights to the film in concert with FilmDistrict.

FilmDistrict will distribute the film in the United States, with Alliance distributing in Canada, the U.K. (via its Momentum Pictures subsidiary) and Spain (via Aurum), and Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions distributing the remaining international territories.

Link to interview with writer Leigh Whannell on Insidious 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Liked the first one very much dispite all the bad criticisms the movie got. It's like all the other suspense horror thriller movies. You have to set the right mood to really enjoy the movie.

Can't wait for the sequel. When it's at the same level as the first one i will definitely watch it in theaters and buy it later on.

From IMDB:

Trailer:
[media=youtube]WpV_i_VpCR4[/media]

FilmDistrict, Alliance Films and Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions announced today that they will bring Insidious Chapter 2, the sequel to last year's hit film Insidious, to U.S. theatres on August 30, 2013 via FilmDistrict.

Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne, Lin Shaye, and Ty Simpkins will reprise their roles in the film which will be directed by the original's James Wan from a script by the returning Leigh Whannell. Jason Blum, who produced Insidious, is producing the low-budget sequel through his Blumhouse Productions. Brian Kavanaugh Jones, Oren Peli , Steven Schneider, and Charles Layton are executive producing. Production on the sequel is set to begin on January 15, 2013 in Los Angeles."

The first film told the story of Josh and Renai Lambert and their son Dalton, confronting the demons that possess the young boy. The project was picked up by Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions at the 2010 Toronto International Film Festival and distributed by FilmDistrict. It was released on April 1, 2011, and has grossed $97 million worldwide. With the picture's reported $1.5 million budget, it has led to the film being called the most profitable film of 2011.

Wan most recently directed The Conjuring for Warner Bros. The film, which reunites him with Wilson, will open on July 19, 2013. Wan is also set to direct a feature adaptation of the hit television series MacGyver for Warner Bros.

Attachments

• insidious-movie.jpg
    insidious-movie.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 166
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 165
The first one was great up until the last 20 minutes...... will still give this one a watch though ;)

The last 20 mins for me
when you see the demon having a go on the sewing machine thing really took me out of the film and kinda ruined it or me and made me laugh
just ruined the rest of the film for me

Reactions: bigrob
agree with Matt

film was proper brown trousers material until it turned into a comedy during the last 20 mins. I couldn't keep a straight face afterwards

That scene from the first one where...

the mother walks into the baby's bedroom and there's somebody stood behind the crib

Still gives me nightmares. Pretty decent movie. Loved the frantic violins in the score.

Hmmm, not so sure about this. Thought the film was superb and the ending was a real shocker. This sequel ruins all that straight off. A shame.

Once again Hollywood thinking about money before the artform.

That scene from the first one where...

the mother walks into the baby's bedroom and there's somebody stood behind the crib

Still gives me nightmares. Pretty decent movie. Loved the frantic violins in the score.

Yeah, though that scene was great, was the one that most effectively scared me!
Thought the first half of Insidious was great, but the second half went a bit crazy and over the top, overall though I really liked it.

Insidious 2 - Chapter Two - In theaters September 13, 2013

Insidious 2 Official Trailer 2013 Movie - Insidious Chapter 2 [HD]

[media=youtube]kaAA806oaVo[/media]

"The haunted Lambert family seeks to uncover the mysterious childhood secret that has left them dangerously connected to the spirit world." (IMDb, 2013)

First was a great and original horror movie! And I had no problems with
the last 20 mins. I think the demon sitting there and with that music playing it was so well done. Great cinematography tbh.

Part 2 doesn't look that awesome, but I'm sure it's great!