Horror-Theatrical Insidious: Chapter 2 - In theaters September 13, 2013

darczap

Premium Supporter
Aug 16, 2010
NJ
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Insidious: Chapter 2 (2013)

Tagline: It will take what you love most.

Genre: [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]James Wan[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Patrick Wilson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rose Byrne[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ty Simpkins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lin Shaye[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Barbara Hershey[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Steve Coulter[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Leigh Whannell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Angus Sampson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andrew Astor[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hank Harris[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jocelin Donahue[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lindsay Seim[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Danielle Bisutti[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tyler Griffin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Garrett Ryan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tom Fitzpatrick[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2013-09-12[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]106[/RUNTIME]

Plot: The haunted Lambert family seeks to uncover the mysterious childhood secret that has left them dangerously connected to the spirit world.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
qjzk0pig5c7aTLlvKzcegD9PXA.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

For the Insidious fans!!

Link to Variety article.

'Insidious' sequel in the works
Director James Wan and same creative team back for more horror

By DAVE MCNARY

A sequel to "Insidious" is on the way with the same creative team on board.
James Wan is in talks to direct again with Leigh Whannell on board to script. Jason Blum will again produce through his Blumhouse Prods. shingle with Brian Kavanaugh Jones, Oren Peli and Steven Schneider exec producing.

The sequel -- which will go into production later this year for a 2013 release -- will be financed by Alliance Films which also financed the first film.

"Insidious" was a surprise hit last year with $54 million in domestic cume as the first title from FilmDistrict and $155 million worldwide.

The original "Insidious," with a $1.5 million budget, starred Patrick Wilson and Rose Byrne as parents confronting the demons that possessed their young son. Wan and Whannell are keeping the plot of the sequel under wraps.

"Insidious" was picked up by Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions at the 2010 Toronto fest. SPWA has acquired U.S. rights to the film in concert with FilmDistrict.

FilmDistrict will distribute the film in the United States, with Alliance distributing in Canada, the U.K. (via its Momentum Pictures subsidiary) and Spain (via Aurum), and Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions distributing the remaining international territories.

Link to interview with writer Leigh Whannell on Insidious 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad it's not out tomorrow because I'm off of work. I will be off of work on the 13th as well, when it comes out :thumbs:

im in the same boat, had tomorrow off to have date night with the gf and wanted to watch this but honestly im a little relieved its not out for a couple more weeks (im a little terrified to be honest :emb:)

but got to watch it before going to insidious maze at horror night this year :scat:

Last edited:
Reactions: darczap
So I saw this as part of a double bill last night (with Insidious)

Part 2 takes off literally the next day after part 1 finishes, with all of the same cast returning. I must admit I found it to be a much better film than the first and explains a lot from what the first film missed out, and watching them back-to-back they work very well with each other.

Part 2 didn't have the 'sillyness' that the first one had, although there is more comedic elements thanks to Leigh Whannal and Angus Sampson. There's maybe a little too much this time. Aside from that, if you're a fan at all of the first one this complements it perfectly and likewise if you haven't seen the first movie I highly suggest getting this watched before going to see Insidious 2

Reactions: darczap and Ricker
So I saw this as part of a double bill last night (with Insidious)

Part 2 takes off literally the next day after part 1 finishes, with all of the same cast returning. I must admit I found it to be a much better film than the first and explains a lot from what the first film missed out, and watching them back-to-back they work very well with each other.

Part 2 didn't have the 'sillyness' that the first one had, although there is more comedic elements thanks to Leigh Whannal and Angus Sampson. There's maybe a little too much this time. Aside from that, if you're a fan at all of the first one this complements it perfectly and likewise if you haven't seen the first movie I highly suggest getting this watched before going to see Insidious 2

Nice! Glad to see you liked it. It's not doing that well by reviewers. I'm probably going to head out in a bit to see it for myself.

I liked it and don't get some of the negative press this is getting. I read a review comparing this sequel to some other horror sequel flops like Rosemary's Baby and the Exorcist, but I don't think this sequel devalued the first installment or was a flop. It was an origin story so to speak, maybe less scary (there were a few jumpy moments) but nonetheless, entertaining and actually somewhat funny. I didn't get somethings about it so I can see why some people are hitting this hard for not making sense at times.

For example, why would an abandoned hospital still be standing with things like medical records in it? You would think that medical records would have been taken away or destroyed.

Since I like the franchise and James Wan, I'm saying 3 out of 5.

I liked it and don't get some of the negative press this is getting. I read a review comparing this sequel to some other horror sequel flops like Rosemary's Baby and the Exorcist, but I don't think this sequel devalued the first installment or was a flop. It was an origin story so to speak, maybe less scary (there were a few jumpy moments) but nonetheless, entertaining and actually somewhat funny. I didn't get somethings about it so I can see why some people are hitting this hard for not making sense at times.

For example, why would an abandoned hospital still be standing with things like medical records in it? You would think that medical records would have been taken away or destroyed.

Since I like the franchise and James Wan, I'm saying 3 out of 5.

We have a hospital in my city that has been closed down and a new one opened. The old hospital still stands and there are A LOT of medical records and various other paperwork still sat inside it, so I guess it is possible :)

We have a hospital in my city that has been closed down and a new one opened. The old hospital still stands and there are A LOT of medical records and various other paperwork still sat inside it, so I guess it is possible :)

I guess that's possible then. Here's another, when Dalton enters the further to find his father, he finds him rather quickly and easily. In the first one, it takes his father a while to find Dalton and get him back. It seemed convenient that this time when the family was in danger that the further was easier to navigate then it was the first time around.

Reactions: cooey
Saw this last night...did not enjoy it as much as the first, but it was still enjoyable for a few spooky moments...

:: Staff/Community Manager::
hidefninja.com

although there is more comedic elements thanks to Leigh Whannal and Angus Sampson

Leigh made sure that Angus and Him will have more acting time to piss off the critiques and reviewers :scat:

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

The reason behind it is that the "Red Door" in the further made sure the scope of area is near to each other (it was mentioned at the beginning int he 1986 scene). And getting back, the string/metal can phone did the work :)

The only thing I noticed is No More Lipstick-Face Demon :( (unless he is the entity that Elise saw at the very end of the movie)

I guess that's possible then. Here's another, when Dalton enters the further to find his father, he finds him rather quickly and easily. In the first one, it takes his father a while to find Dalton and get him back. It seemed convenient that this time when the family was in danger that the further was easier to navigate then it was the first time around.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was mentioned earlier about the figure behind the crib in Insidious, that scene made me swear at the screen, lol! Don't tend to visit cinema anymore so will wait for Blu-ray release, looking forward to it.