Interstellar - In theaters November 7, 2014

Jan 25, 2012
Piraeus, Greece
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Interstellar

Tagline: Mankind was born on Earth. It was never meant to die here.

Genre: Adventure, Drama, Science Fiction

Director: Christopher Nolan

Cast: Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Michael Caine, Bill Irwin, Ellen Burstyn, Mackenzie Foy, Casey Affleck, John Lithgow, Wes Bentley, David Gyasi, Matt Damon, Topher Grace, Timothée Chalamet, David Oyelowo, William Devane, Josh Stewart, Collette Wolfe, Leah Cairns, Russ Fega, Lena Georgas, Jeff Hephner, Elyes Gabel, Brooke Smith, Liam Dickinson, Francis X. McCarthy, Andrew Borba, Flora Nolan, Griffen Fraser, William Patrick Brown, Kristian Van der Heyden, Joseph Oliveira, Ryan Irving, Alexander Michael Helisek, Benjamin Hardy

Release: 2014-11-05

Runtime: 169

Plot: The adventures of a group of explorers who make use of a newly discovered wormhole to surpass the limitations on human space travel and conquer the vast distances involved in an interstellar voyage.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 328
I went and watched it tonight. I thought I knew what was going on bar one or 2 things, but after reading through some of your spoilers, you lot have me baffled even more! Lol I really enjoyed it, and definitely need to see it again. Now give me that steelbook!
Can't wait! The artwork should be amazing.

Rover

brush up on your physics before watching this movie lmao... it was a trip... a emotional, head spinning thrill of a ride imo. There were parts in the dialogue that i had no idea what they were saying (maybe im just hard of hearing) but overall i think the "ride" of this movie was enough to overcome some of short comings of the movie (still not a fan of Hathaway) and some other minor complaints. My advice, go watch this in the theaters !!!

Just watched the movie today and admittedly, I didn't get any of the pseudoscience but I still loved it for what it was. I read up about black holes and all that jazz, and now I kind of get the jist. Still found it confusing, although most people would call me an idiot for not understanding the concept.

I think I need to brush up on my Science, I don't remember being educated enough about this in school. :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: rover
Saw this yesterday. All I will say for the moment is it was fantastic right up until the last 20-25 minutes. Now I gotta try and write up my review for the front page!

Saw this yesterday. All I will say for the moment is it was fantastic right up until the last 20-25 minutes. Now I gotta try and write up my review for the front page!
I've heard that said about The Prestige & Inception.
Will your review be based on one viewing?
I've thought about this film a lot and I still don't know if it's any good. But I do like what it tries to do.

Rover

Yeah I've only seen it the once. Goes without saying that I'll watch it again for sure and will be an instant BD purchase

I saw this at imax on Sunday, completely overwhelmed me. Going to see it again on this Saturday so I can understand it more...but my god. What a film.

Thanks @ash333, new thread started in Music forum!

From AMC IMAX:

INTERSTELLAR in IMAX®on Thanksgiving
Day, Thursday, November 27.
As a token for
your bravery, you'll receive a FREE exclusive
INTERSTELLAR collector's print.

Reactions: ash333
Stealing a spoilered quote from @rover:

This is why I love Nolan's films. He does his job to tell a story, and leave the world building up to us lol.
Interstellar is also a continuation of the theme of Time, which Nolan has used in Memento, The Prestige & Inception. I wonder why that concept fascinates him so much.

Bingo!! Because the subject matter is "complicated" and sometimes painful and emotional, Nolan's genius is his ability to draw visual and auditory lines through themes behind a powerful story. And this story as in all his other films, has a real distinct human element to it - a meaningful invested relationship. Here it is the father-daughter; his other films; husband-wife; hero-villian; cop-criminal; competing magicians. And these relationships become more interesting with the passing of time :)

Last edited:
Reactions: rover
one dumb question

it takes them 68 years to finally create the cooper station, how do they solve the food crisis during that time?!?

one dumb question

it takes them 68 years to finally create the cooper station, how do they solve the food crisis during that time?!?
One dumb answer -
Magnets.... but seriously I watched this last night and, yep didn't even think about it until now !, a very good question I know not the answer too, will have to watch again to see if I missed something. Oh here's a question, what are Brand and Cooper gonna be surviving with, food wise on that new planet, it looked desolate, not much vegetation from what I could see..

Last edited: