Horror-Scream Factory CE Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) (Blu-ray with Slipcover) [USA]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release Date: August 02, 2016
Purchase Links:
Shout Factory
Price: $24.93

Amazon USA
Price: $21.06

81dsqi7pmNL._SL1500_.jpg

81UPQMcsdHL._SL1500_.jpg

• NEW 2K scan of the interpositive
• NEW Star-Crossed in The Invasion - an interview with actress Brooke Adams
• NEW Leading the Invasion - an interview with actor Art Hindle
• NEW Re-Creating The Invasion - an interview with writer W.D. Richter
• NEW Scoring the Invasion an interview with composer Denny Zeitlin
• NEW Audio Commentary with author/film historian Steve Haberman
• Audio Commentary by director Philip Kaufman
• Re-Visitors From Outer Space, or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Pod - including interviews with director Philip Kaufman, screenwriter W.D. Richter, director of photography Michael Chapman and actors Donald Sutherland and Veronica Cartwright
• Practical Magic: The Special Effects Pod
• The Man Behind The Scream: The Sound Effects Pod – an interview with Ben Burtt and sound editor Bonnie Koehler
• The Invasion Will Be Televised: The Cinematography Pod
• Theatrical Trailer
• TV & Radio Spots
• Photo Gallery
• An episode of SCIENCE FICTION THEATRE, Time is Just A Place, based on Jack Finney’s short story. Directed by Jack Arnold.

Reactions: Flash and PunkNinja
Pretty happy with the Arrow release. Had it been a new 4k scan I might have bitten but I believe the Arrow one was a new scan as well. But The Thing one I will bite

Release date: August 02, 2016
Purchase links:
Shout Factory
Amazon USA
Price: $21.06 (Amazon) - $24.93 (Shout Factory)

81UPQMcsdHL._SL1500_.jpg

81dsqi7pmNL._SL1500_.jpg

• NEW 2K scan of the interpositive
• NEW Star-Crossed in The Invasion - an interview with actress Brooke Adams
• NEW Leading the Invasion - an interview with actor Art Hindle
• NEW Re-Creating The Invasion - an interview with writer W.D. Richter
• NEW Scoring the Invasion an interview with composer Denny Zeitlin
• NEW Audio Commentary with author/film historian Steve Haberman
• Audio Commentary by director Philip Kaufman
• Re-Visitors From Outer Space, or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Pod - including interviews with director Philip Kaufman, screenwriter W.D. Richter, director of photography Michael Chapman and actors Donald Sutherland and Veronica Cartwright
• Practical Magic: The Special Effects Pod
• The Man Behind The Scream: The Sound Effects Pod – an interview with Ben Burtt and sound editor Bonnie Koehler
• The Invasion Will Be Televised: The Cinematography Pod
• Theatrical Trailer
• TV & Radio Spots
• Photo Gallery
• An episode of SCIENCE FICTION THEATRE, Time is Just A Place, based on Jack Finney’s short story. Directed by Jack Arnold.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am kind of annoyed that the Arrow booklet and disc menu has the screaming Donald Sutherland image. For some, this is a GIANT spoiler. Yes, I already know the movie - but they shouldn't do that. Same goes for the Mothership on cover of the Close Encounters steelbook. It's like having a Usual Supsects steelbook with Kevin Spacey on the cover with the words "Who is Keyser Söze" above his head.
Maybe there is an unspoken rule on the statute of limitations on spoilers that I don't know...but that is just bad form.

Last edited:
I am kind of annoyed that the Arrow booklet and disc menu has the screaming Donald Sutherland image. For some, this is a GIANT spoiler. Yes, I already know the movie - but they shouldn't do that. Same goes for the Mothership on cover of the Close Encounters steelbook. It's like having a Usual Supsects steelbook with Kevin Spacey on the cover with the words "Who is Keyser Söze" above his head.
Maybe there is an unspoken rule on the statute of limitations on spoilers that I I don't know...but that is just bad form.

You've been reading too much of my meanderings mate; that sounds like one of my rants - lncluding the typo - lol :naughty:

p.s. I agree :):thumbs::thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
To be fair i remember seeing the film the cinema already being a fan of the original and knew how it was going to pan out even before the ending. Having said that one of the few "remakes" or "other take" or whatever you want to call it that's every bit as good as the original. It stands out on it's own and that is always good sign....

To be fair i remember seeing the film the cinema already being a fan of the original and knew how it was going to pan out even before the ending. Having said that one of the few "remakes" or "other take" or whatever you want to call it that's every bit as good as the original. It stands out on it's own and that is always good sign....
It is a great remake. Fabulous use of location and the cinematography is top notch. Great atmosphere.
Robert Duvall nails it!!:LOL: