iPad 3 Chat Thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Feel free to jump in, if you bought one-what do you like, don't like about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if there will be a version without the 4G? That's the only way I would get one because I already have 4G through my cell phone and I don't wish to have 2 4G bills.

Is it true that it's called "the new iPad" instead of iPad 3?

yes correct

just recevied mine 64gb+4g delivered to me on Sat noon by DHL

I pre-ordered on apple website first day pre-order opened.

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Does anyone know if there will be a version without the 4G? That's the only way I would get one because I already have 4G through my cell phone and I don't wish to have 2 4G bills.

there is a wifi version only (no 4g)

Reactions: Lone Crusader
yes correct

just recevied mine 64gb+4g delivered to me on Sat noon by DHL

I pre-ordered on apple website first day pre-order opened.

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

there is a wifi version only (no 4g)

Okay So don't leave us in suspense. How is it?

its my first ipad/tablet
did not own ipad1 or 2 before
definitely feels great to own it, cant stop myself using it
but not able to give comments in comparison to older models
specs wise best screen in the market for tablet and better camera and graphics as compared to ipad2

Yeah all my pics now are from iPad 2. They suck.

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Do pics for the new iPad compare to actual camera pictures?

Hey, below are two original unedited pics taken with the "new iPad" for your comparison:

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

Well, I've decided that with the Retina Display and a quad core graphics processor and the A5X processor along with other deciding factors that I must have one. :oohyeah: Selling my Asus Eee Transformer with keyboard dock on fleaBay right now to fund myself a new iPad 3rd Gen. I'm most likely going for the middle model which would be the 32Gb version but I won't get one with 4G and only get it with WiFi only as I already have a 4G phone with unlimited data plan so I don't need two bills, only one. I have no issues tethering so I'll be good to go on that. Well...Can't wait to get me one but have to save up for it first.

I'm not all that overly impressed with mine vs my iPad 2. In fact I wouldnt have purchased it if I wasn't able to sell my old one for 400. Not really worth the upgrade if you're paying full price. Lovely screen though.

So last night we stopped by Best Buy to check out electronics in general. Me and my girl usually do for whatever reason :p. Anyway, she had been wanting a tablet for reading, we checked out all the tablets on display. It came down to the ASUS transformer and the iPad.

I am an Android person, I liked the GUI and the feel of the Transformer, but the overall deciding factor was the screen. I got my girl the 64GB iPad 3. I don't fully like iOS, but the screen side by side was the only factor that swayed us both toward's the iPad.

Both were nice, but yes that screen was simply amazing.

I've noticed that the iPad 3 caters to power or even super users like myself. When I had my previous two Android tablets that they were sluggish while using them. The A5X chip in this thing can computate almost as fast as I select different functions and use different apps. It can muli-task like no other tablet that I've ever used. Kudos goes out to Apple for making such a fine tablet. :scat:

Anyone had problems with their Wi-Fi? I seem to have problems with mine every now and then. I sometimes get this "Not connected to the Internet" message even though I still have 3 bars of strength. I already did a software update, I guess I'll just wait to see what Apple does.

iOS 6.0.1 Update

TechSpot
2012-06-11-teaser352.jpg

Apple releases iOS 6.0.1, addresses multiple bugs and glitches
Apple has released iOS 6.0.1 (10A525) for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch models capable of running iOS version 6. The update addresses a number of bugs and glitches found in Apple’s latest mobile operating system including a fix to help BCM4334 devices like the 5th generation iPod touch and the iPhone 5 connect to WPA2 encrypted networks.

This is the first update to iOS 6 since it became available to the general public on September 19, just two days before the iPhone 5 was released. The update also addresses an iPhone 5-specific issue that Apple says kept the phone from being able to receive over-the-air updates.

In order to grab iOS 6.0.1 over-the-air with an iPhone 5, users must first install a special iOS updater application to aid in the process. Once the new update has been installed, the special app is deleted from the handset.

The update also fixes a serious issue involving an Exchange bug that would delete a meeting in the event that a single iOS 6 user declined to attend. As you can imagine, this could cause a lot of trouble in the business world and led some companies to issue special requirements for iOS 6 users.

We have reproduced the complete changelog below for your convenience.

Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod Touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
Fixes a Passcode Lock bug that sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings