domalorite

Premium Supporter
Sep 25, 2012
Retired
Release date: January, 2015
Print run: 3000 and 1000 for the 1/3 slip edition
Group Buy: Click here for the Hi-Def Ninja Blufans Marvel GB

IMPORTANT NOTE: (There are 2 editions.)
The front&back images are the same, but not the interior.
Click here for a great photoset by @pbtouril comparing both editions.
v1:
- Sealed
- No disc
- Debossed title
- Bonus (10$) for people ordering v2
v2:
- Sealed
- 2 discs
- Embossed title
- Lenticular slipbox
- Bonus art cards

2.jpg
1.jpg

1.JPG

2.JPG
131445jg5gdub98jknu3n5.gif
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps problem is with lenticular , maybe they have to change because looks same as kimchi .

As far as I know blufans announced their version first so I can't see them having to change their lenticular. No, I think the big announcement will reveal the whole package!

As far as I know blufans announced their version first so I can't see them having to change their lenticular. No, I think the big announcement will reveal the whole package!

Yes , blufans announced their product first but art for lenti was used from kimchi custom art thread - from businesses point of view if blufans will realese IM with this lenticular is a bad news for kimchi . IMO BF should change their lenti.

Yes , blufans announced their product first but art for lenti was used from kimchi custom art thread - from businesses point of view if blufans will realese IM with this lenticular is a bad news for kimchi . IMO BF should change their lenti.

Ah, okay. But if I'm not mistaken we shall know by Thursday, as this is what Kevin said on the other forum

Reactions: morfeusz
Everything is just speculation at this point and Kevin wont give any details. But I'm thinking the artwork is being changed and that's why he hinted it could be bad for some and good for others. And with Choi saying the artwork was not approved by Paramount. I think BluFans decided to go an entirely different route and found something better to please the fan base.

Like I said I'm just guessing here...

• Informative
Reactions: tono06
Everything is just speculation at this point and Kevin wont give any details. But I'm thinking the artwork is being changed and that's why he hinted it could be bad for some and good for others. And with Choi saying the artwork was not approved by Paramount. I think BluFans decided to go an entirely different route and found something better to please the fan base.

Like I said I'm just guessing here...
The artwork not being approved is heresay at this point. Thats not whats being said on the other site so I don't think that should nessisarily be taken as gospel at this point. Best to just wait and see.

Reactions: AlexG
Why are you spreading Hersey info from a third party about another steelbook competitor ? It's kinda of sad and unprofessional of you since you represent kimchidvd don't you ? even if the information is 100% correct.
I do not think kimchidvd has competition against blufans..

heard from publisher that steel and full slip are not approved yet. just lenticular approved.

blufans does not even start production in scanavo denmark.

Lenticular image has been submitted to Paramount/Marvel on March, this year by Kimchidvd based on idea raised from iron man kimchidvd thread.

Marvel only apprpved one type of lenticular.

Never thought I would see some competition for a new Iron Man steelbook, were lucky two are coming out with the way studios like to control things, maybe this helped raise the bar with the artwork, this is rare these days indeed.

It's a worldwide exclusive Blufans version of the Mark XLII MS197D02 Hot Toys figure bundled with the steelbook. The arc reactor is the Blufans logo and lights up blue. Limited to 10. Only available to Blufans VIP members.
10? How the h3ll do they manage that? Lottery??

It's a worldwide exclusive Blufans version of the Mark XLII MS197D02 Hot Toys figure bundled with the steelbook. The arc reactor is the Blufans logo and lights up blue. Limited to 10. Only available to Blufans VIP members.

According to Kevin, this is NOT correct. Let´s wait a bit folks...its Blufans we are supposed to wait, right? :)

kimchidvd version will sell out either way and will be first version released to collectors

I'm just glad we are getting a release nevermind 2 different releases