Iron Man (ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 31st, 2015 (Zbox) and November 23rd 2015 (Steelbook)
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £39.99

zboxim.jpg

iron-man-2-580x337.jpg iron-man-2-2-580x337.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quick question regarding the ZBOX part of the combo and only for those that have ordered the combo solely to get the 'Exclusive' (so far) steelbooks -

If as seems the case, the ZBOX is dispatched first then what's to stop you returning it as an 'unwanted item' at any time after receiving it or even keeping it until the steelbook arrives, possibly a couple of months later ?

I realise there's a time limit to return items but if you start the returns process soon after receiving it I see no problem in returning it 1 or even 2 months later if necessary and that's just based on my recent personal experience with the 'Cinderella 2015' and 'Terminator 2' steelbooks which were both bought as pre-orders and delivered at release and only returned last week for refunds now processing 1 and 2 months later respectively.

I don't imagine that Zavvi will not send you the steelbook if you tell them you no longer wish to keep the ZBOX ?

By doing this you will just end up with the steelbook, which is all you wanted in the first place, even though it would cost slightly more than the 'live' price due to the postal charge of a few quid to return the ZBOX. . .

Now if everybody did that either Zavvi would do something to stop the massed returns / refunds or they would sit up and take notice that their dubious policy regarding ZBOXs tied to Exclusive steelbooks stinks and is not a joking matter for steelbook collectors !

I dont understand this crap - Have people received a zbox,but not received a steelbook,and that steelbook has no definite release date.
Is this how it works ?
Yes that is how it works
The Steelbook is always a separate shipment from the Zbox
From what I know the release date is sometime in October

hm.. when I can get this....
very wondering.....

real steelbook is very wondering
lenticular effect too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The more zavvi drag these out the less interested I am in these
Both this and captain are IMO not great art and much better versions available
And as for the last lenticular (avengers) BIG Fail

The more zavvi drag these out the less interested I am in these
Both this and captain are IMO not great art and much better versions available
And as for the last lenticular (avengers) BIG Fail

True, true and true BUT it's possible that some or all of the previous editions are now OOP and consequently even more expensive than the combined cost of this steel / ZBOX combo :)

. . . and just glancing at the secondary market I can see the current prices for CAPTAIN AMERICA and IRON MAN steelbooks (U.K. editions "New & sealed" of course) :-
- CAPTAIN AMERICA (HMV) The first and best by a mile IMO - hard to find under GBP 90
- CAPTAIN AMERICA (Zavvi) hard to find under GBP 50
- IRON MAN (Play) hard to find under GBP 65

Based on the above I'd say that for anyone wishing to own an IRON MAN steelbook the best value is/was this new one from Zavvi even if you had to buy the ZBOX with it (although I personally feel it will be made available by itself at some point) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Flash
True, true and true BUT it's possible that some or all of the previous editions are now OOP and consequently even more expensive than the combined cost of this steel / ZBOX combo :)

. . . and just glancing at the secondary market I can see the current prices for CAPTAIN AMERICA and IRON MAN steelbooks (U.K. editions "New & sealed" of course) :-
- CAPTAIN AMERICA (HMV) The first and best by a mile IMO - hard to find under GBP 90
- CAPTAIN AMERICA (Zavvi) hard to find under GBP 50
- IRON MAN (Play) hard to find under GBP 65

Based on the above I'd say that for anyone wishing to own an IRON MAN steelbook the best value is/was this new one from Zavvi even if you had to buy the ZBOX with it (although I personally feel it will be made available by itself at some point) :)

All good pionts my friend but for me I would sooner spend the money towards the original steels
Meaning one captain (hmv) (blufans) against 2 ok zavvi versions anyday but again just my personal opinion

hm.. when I can get this....
very wondering.....
The Steelbook is not available to purchase on its own
The Steelbook is only available with a Zbox bundle
Payment is taken in full when the Zbox is despatched
You order will have 2 items in your order
The Zbox would be shipped now
The Steelbook is scheduled for release date 23/11/2015 subject to change

At the moment its available to order with Heroes & Villains ZBOX
http://www.zavvi.com/zbox/heroes-vi...-exclusive-lenticular-steelbook/11171669.html

Note
This may change and be bundled with the new TIME TRAVEL ZBOX

You don't get the steelbook delivered with a Zbox the steelbook is always sent separately as it has a different release date

Zavvi are playing a stupid game horsing around with this Zbox nonsense though.

Although maybe expensive, at least we know what the originals are worth. Nobody knows what games Zavvi are playing with these ones.

What's the actual print run? If someone forks out for one now, are they going to be cheaper eventually without a crap box? Will Zavvi pretend they are sold out to boost sales only for a pallet of them to turn up this time next year at a considerably lower price and damage the overall value of it (like Rush)??

The whole thing is a circus that shouldn't even be entertained. I've taken my money from Zavvi big time in the last year and I'm keeping it for Karel and Film Arena. And it looks like I'll continue to do it for the foreseeable future.

€41 for Macbeth!!!! What nonsense.

All good pionts my friend but for me I would sooner spend the money towards the original steels
Meaning one captain (hmv) (blufans) against 2 ok zavvi versions anyday but again just my personal opinion

Completely see where you're coming from - it's just that we don't really know how this new one is going to turn out with the lenti etc.and it may be a good 'un but I don't suppose we'll know for sure until we see in-hand pics in about 7 weeks.
Personally not a fan of lentis on steelbooks as they can look a bit cheap and though perfectly acceptable on *Amaray slipcovers it's a bit of a cheat on steelbooks that clearly saves on PROPER steelbook artwork and embossing / de-bossing . . . IMO, of course.

EDIT: *. . . and on steelbook slipcovers.

Last edited: