Iron Sky (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Japan]

Is this the best Iron Sky Steelbook in the world?

• Total voters
Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Street Date: 8 Feb, 2013

Order link:
Amazon JP Buy Link
HMV JP Buy Link

image.jpg

Actual pics thanks to domalorite:

Last edited by a moderator:
mine is En Route Via DHL (Butchers) :ohno:

single item , aswell this time

Yikes, that must be close to an $80 shipment for 1 item? EEK!

Did you request gift wrap option mate? At least then I think they stick it in a box instead of one of those crappy card mailers. :angry:

Yikes, that must be close to an $80 shipment for 1 item? EEK!

Did you request gift wrap option mate? At least then I think they stick it in a box instead of one of those crappy card mailers. :angry:

For this item, there aren't gift option. I ordered this together with some steels, but they already send the other steels so they ship this one alone :ohno:
When I contact them about the missing gift option, they replied and said that they can't provide gift option for this item, I don't know if this just me or everyone can't choose gift option as well? :confused:

Watched this on netflix the other day. Wow, it was terrible. The main actress was really hot though. I know it is supposed be taken tongue in cheek but it was hard to get through.

When I contact them about the missing gift option, they replied and said that they can't provide gift option for this item, I don't know if this just me or everyone can't choose gift option as well? :confused:

I had an order in for this one (before I saw the film and quickly cancelled it :eek:) and it allowed the gift option when ordering. Strange that you couldn't choose it... :dunno:

New type of mailer. Better than the old card envelope, but still dented... :(

Sorry to hear that, I hope they can find a replacement for you.

Unfortunately the packaging continues to be a big worry when ordering from Amazon Japan - for single steelbooks it's reliably lousy. And you can't even protect yourself by ordering multiple items because they just split the orders! :angry:

I put three steels in one order and they separated Ironsky... The only way to safeguard this is to add the gift option for all items, or only order steels that are released on the same date. But still, I think it depends on which warehouse the item is located at. If steel A is at Osaka warehouse, and steel B is at Tokyo warehouse they will ship them separately.

I read in another thread you had some damaged items from AmazonJP. Is the returns process difficult?

Sorry to hear that, I hope they can find a replacement for you.

Unfortunately the packaging continues to be a big worry when ordering from Amazon Japan - for single steelbooks it's reliably lousy. And you can't even protect yourself by ordering multiple items because they just split the orders! :angry:

Last edited:
Is the returns process difficult?

No, it's easy (just like all amazon stores). The only problems are the hassle and expense of posting back to them and the possible lack of a replacement. And even if there is a replacement, again they send it in the same flimsy packaging! :(

In the UK we also have to pay the import tax again on the replacement! :angry: (Though Amazon will re-imburse you if you fax the customs bill through to them.) At least you won't have to deal with that though, being in HK?

Reactions: domalorite
Thanks for the info. I'll send an email and see what happens. But not sure whether to send it back since like you said they'll just ship it in the same packaging again... And I think this is an OOS item so no replacements?

Luckily HK does not have any taxation on goods. If it did I don't think I would order anything from Japan.

No, it's easy (just like all amazon stores). The only problems are the hassle and expense of posting back to them and the possible lack of a replacement. And even if there is a replacement, again they send it in the same flimsy packaging! :(

In the UK we also have to pay the import tax again on the replacement! :angry: (Though Amazon will re-imburse you if you fax the customs bill through to them.) At least you won't have to deal with that though, being in HK?

Ok, this is a game changer. I preordered this from HMV-JP also. I added the gift option to this single item order.

This is the packaging. Bubble mailer, and then a sturdy box, and then a bubble bag, and then paper wrapped. Needless to say it was in pristine condition.

Amazon - are you seeing this!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360305444993.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360305444993.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 99
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360305460164.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360305460164.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Yep. The way the spaceship blends into the slip is amazing. I think I'll open up the dented amazon.jp one and see the goodies inside.

Limited quantity, unique artwork, extras inside. Definitely very desirable if not grail.

Awesome!!! :scat:

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Grail Release!!!

Ok, this is a game changer. I preordered this from HMV-JP also. I added the gift option to this single item order.

This is the packaging. Bubble mailer, and then a sturdy box, and then a bubble bag, and then paper wrapped. Needless to say it was in pristine condition.

Nice 1. Good job you had a backup order :)

Looks like the wayo to go in future. HMV-JP + Gift wrap! = :thumbs:

lol, some one plz tell me that that compares to any thing in this Earth ??

that is Pure Evil !!

1 of a Kind , absolute , unadulterated Phoarrrrrrrrrr ouses from it !!

Now that is a Steel Book exclusive should look like :drool: Folks !! exclusive :LOL:

Not this World Wide Cr#p they release that is the same !! , then they have the nerve to Call it an exclusive :eek: