It's a Wonderful Knife (2023)

Space Cadet

[ sexy wolfchild ]
BANNED
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: It's a Wonderful Knife (2023)

Tagline: Every time a bell rings an angel gets to KILL!

Genre: Horror, Thriller, Comedy

Director: Tyler MacIntyre

Cast: Jane Widdop, Jessica McLeod, Joel McHale, Katharine Isabelle, Justin Long, William B. Davis, Aiden Howard, Hana Huggins, Cassandra Naud, Erin Boyes, Sean Depner, Jason Fernandes, Zenia Marshall, Kiki Faye, Dimitri Vegas, Sydney Scotia, Thomas Nicholson, Oscar Chark

Release: 2023-11-10

Runtime: 90

Plot: After saving her town from a psychotic killer, Winnie Carruthers' life is less than wonderful. When she wishes she'd never been born, she finds herself in a nightmare parallel universe where without her, things could be much, much worse.

its_a_wonderful_knife.jpeg

Cool, we had a time loop slasher, a body switch slasher, a time travel slasher, now it's a parallel universe slasher! :D

What a terrible movie. I mean it has an interesting concept, but the 'execution' is so bad, I often couldn't stop laughing at its 'dialog', or screaming at the screen, when instead of stomping the masked murderer on his neck and head while he's laying unconscious, whole three grown ass women in huge winter boots are literally tiptoeing around him, as if playing a scene from one of the Screams.
This film tries that a lot - taking something from much better movies, like the whole town changing for the worst as in Back to the Future Part 2 - heavy rock music playing at a party instead of cheery Christmas songs, teenagers doing drugs instead of playing catch a gummy bear with a mouth, "santa sux balls" written on the wall... in a living room of someone's house - pathetic little substitute things like that.
And worst of all everyone is such a bad actor, especially the main actress, screaming and suddenly overdoing every movement and scene, like in a bad schoolhouse play.
Only the girl playing 'the weirdo' was alright, and the whole lesbian union with her, I guess, but others will find 1 of each 'woke' elements here to be upset about, and it does look as if most of them were added by a requirement checklist.
Plus an 'allusion' to 'orange man -bad', and everyone in town that follows him is a brainless zombie. Ugh, dumb liberal humor I guess.
It's been produced by RJLE for Shudder - first is known for a lot of B, or even C movies, and the second officially makes it a modern equivalent of a TV Movie of the Week, which in better times were shown once or twice, and forgotten forever, maybe filling a 4-6AM spot on some cable movie channel 236.
Don't waste your time.

Last edited:
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database