Mediabook Johnny Mnemonic (Blu-ray Mediabook) (Limited Frame Card Edition) [Germany]

Manqu

Premium Supporter
Oct 29, 2014
Release : February 24th 2017
Price : €30,00
Purchase: tba
Note : 2 Disc Limited Edition 4K Remastered + (Bonus Blu-ray)
Region Free

The first 1200 copies contains the Frame Card

Limited to 2000 Units

• Booklet
  • Limited Frame Card 35mm
  • Uncut US Theatrical Cut
  • Japan Cut (SD)
  • Open Matte Version 4:3 (SD)

9ca52a171c535b2a7bed28200ebf59ca.jpg.jpg

134b1356eab26f0834cb3b1e0637a777.jpg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D&T maybe? (Nope.)
It is being made by Turbine (who made the steelbooks for DREAMSCAPE and GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS).
-
The Turbine Medien GmbH has revealed that soon the sci-fi action film "Johnny Mnemonic - Networked" (Canada, USA 1995) is first released in high definition on Blu-ray Disc. Directed by Robert Longo film based on the short story "The mnemonic Johnny" by William Gibson based and is busy with Hollywood star Keanu Reeves in the lead role, not only could the first time available in this country but throughout Europe in HD on Blu-ray Disc soon be. A specific date is not yet available, but since the film has already a first mention, one should work at turbine already on the publication.
The first release of the film is then most likely as "Limited Mediabook Edition" done. There is probably a circulation of 2,000 copies, of which the first 1,000 are equipped with a frame card, ie a laminated card with an original 35mm frame of a real film of the film. This approach with the limited frame Cards will Turbine media already in "The Fan" (USA 1996) and also in "An American Werewolf in Paris" family (France, Great Britain, Luxembourg, Netherlands, United States, 1997, the early Blu-ray first publication already officially confirmed (Pf)
IMG_8619.JPG

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
"Johnny Mnemonic" with German and English sound in Atmos and Auro 3-D
Johnny_Mnemonic-1620x800.jpg

The science fiction strip, which is titled "Networked - Johnny Mnemonic", will be released on February 24 in a double-disc edition.

The German studio Turbine Medien, which already brought the cult film "Blues Brothers" to the German market with a Dolby Atmos re-mix, once again reproduces the science fiction film "Vernetzt - Johnny Mnemonic" on 24th Fabruar Keanu Reeves with 3D sound. This is not enough: the film will be released in double-pack: with a Blu-ray Disc, which contains the English and the German language version in Dolby Atmos, and one, on which the original sound and the synchronicity in Auro-3D can be found.

Re-recording Mixer and sound editor Gareth Llewellyn had confirmed on demand that the 1995 science fiction film "at least Auro-3D" will offer as sound format. Previously, he had talked about Twitter to work on a re-release of the film "Johnny Mnemonic" with 3D sound.
The current confirmation came from Patrick Schappert, Managing Director of GrobiTV. Currently the disc is not yet at the dealerships, but this should soon be the case.

Johnny Mnemonic appears in Ultra HD - and with 3D soundtrack
maxresdefault-2-1-1620x800.jpg

A Twitter comment reveals that the work on the publication of the science fiction film from 1995 with Keanu Reeves (German title "Vernetzt - Johnny Mnemonic") in a 4K version run.

The re-recording mixer and sound editor Gareth Llewellyn has reported on the short news service Twitter of working on the 3D audio version of the film for publication in the Ultra HD version. So he regretfully joked not to use any (Oculus) Rift - together with a screenshot of a scene from the film, in which Keanu Reeves carries a futuristic (VR) glasses.

Llewellyn has so far failed to provide specific information in which the three 3D sound formats will be released.
What is known is that he cooperated with the UHD Blu-ray of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", the turbine on June 17 as a first disc with both Dolby Atmos and with Auro-3D Soundtrack will release - in each case in German and English. He has also been involved in the creation of the Auro 3D mixes of "Everest", "John Wick" and "The Age Of Adeline", among others, as a re-recording mixer.

At the moment you can only preorder the Mediabook in their own Shop (Rakete Shop) for 30€ but they only ship to Austria & Switzerland

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95
Hahhahaha, Well I guess we are gonna have to wait until Amazon get some from Turbine.
They have changed their Business Policy by not supporting the big suppliers first. It seems that this applies to this release only.

• Helpful Post
Hahhahaha, Well I guess we are gonna have to wait until Amazon get some from Turbine.
They have changed their Business Policy by not supporting the big suppliers first. It seems that this applies to this release only.
Trouble is- with a low print run, there may be none left by the time they do that.

I don´t think it could happen so fast but I can always help if you really want a copy.
@Manqu Qhapaq
If it isn't too much trouble that would be great!:thumbs: (I'd give you a finder's fee, of course!).
Normally, I would roll the dice - but you know well, that horror and sci-fi are catnip to collectors and I feel that these may go quickly. Let me know if you can do it:thumbs: thanks!

@Manqu Qhapaq
If it isn't too much trouble that would be great!:thumbs: (I'd give you a finder's fee, of course!).
Normally, I would roll the dice - but you know well, that horror and sci-fi are catnip to collectors and I feel that these may go quickly. Let me know if you can do it:thumbs: thanks!

Of course, that´s what is this all about in particular - helping each other. I will let you know as quickly as I can :thumbs:

• Thanks