Slipbox Jubei Ninpocho: The Wind Ninja Chronicles (Ninja Scroll) Limited Edition Lenticular Blu-ray [Korea]

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Release date: Jun 1, 2018
Purchase links: Novamedia - Kimchidvd
Price: $30.99

%EB%AC%B4%EC%82%AC%EC%A5%AC%EB%B2%A0%EC%9D%B4_%EB%A0%8C%ED%8B%B0_%EC%83%81%EC%84%B8_shop1_102035.jpg

got mine. like what @PunkNinja said, it's awesome. i was looking forward to see the back lenti and it turns out the front lenti is even more captivating with its multi-layer depth. it's as if the entire slipbox is hollow.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
Hey all, something weird:

First of all, are the Novamedia editions the same as the Kimchidvd? They look the same to me lol.

Weirdly though, on KimchiDVD's site, it says the Lenticular has English subtitles, but the Full slip does not. On Novamedia's site, it says neither have English subtitles! Can anyone confirm for sure which of these 4 versions have subtitles? Thanks much :)

Hey all, something weird:

First of all, are the Novamedia editions the same as the Kimchidvd? They look the same to me lol.

Weirdly though, on KimchiDVD's site, it says the Lenticular has English subtitles, but the Full slip does not. On Novamedia's site, it says neither have English subtitles! Can anyone confirm for sure which of these 4 versions have subtitles? Thanks much :)

They should be the same editions.

I watched the Full Slip disc. No English sub. Unlikely that the Lenti discs would be different.

I don't see any mention of English sub in Kimchidvd lenti listing. :D

What the bloody hell, lol. It was there the other day! I sent them an email, maybe they fixed it? Oh well lol. Will still get one of them :)

Anyone know if there's a JP release with ENG subtitles? I saw some comparison screenshots, and the JP release has a darker contrast which I like, for this film at least.

Thanks~

What the bloody hell, lol. It was there the other day! I sent them an email, maybe they fixed it? Oh well lol. Will still get one of them :)

Anyone know if there's a JP release with ENG subtitles? I saw some comparison screenshots, and the JP release has a darker contrast which I like, for this film at least.

Thanks~

Haha, I'm sure Kimchidvd would have fixed it.

There's only one JP release as listed on blu-ray.com and it has no subtitles at all. The KR release seems to be the same transfer as JP. I'm curious, where did you see the comparison screenshots of the two? I would like to see them too.

Been getting into the depths of JP releases this past week... and am learning that not everything is as it seems... there are usually many more releases than listed on blu-ray.com. Even after checking cdjapan.co.jp and amazon.co.jp and neowing.co.jp, I seem to randomly find new releases/box sets of various animes around the net ... still trying to figure it all out, new to the scene but trying to stay strong, OCD kickin into high gear...

I heard that the EU releases of Ninja Scroll aren't so hot... anyhow, interactive screenshot comparison between the Sentai US release and JP release - http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=5733&d2=1971&s1=53803&s2=18362&i=0&l=0&a=1

Got it from the main thread at the blu-ray forums for this kinda stuff.... http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=255272
No point browsing through that dizzying thread, just use the 'search this thread' function...

Back down the rabbit hole I go... :confused:

Reactions: Real Steel
I normally just compare the bit rates on blu-ray.com if the info is available. Quite often the US discs have the worst bitrates (several under 20kbps even). The EU discs are usually much better (around 30kbps). The KR and JP ones are usually same and the best - quite a number runs at above 40kbps!

But you could be right regarding the KR disc contrast vs. JP. I have some discs of Korean movies with very raised black levels, making the pics appear washout. I don't know why it's so.

But you could be right regarding the KR disc contrast vs. JP. I have some discs of Korean movies with very raised black levels, making the pics appear washout. I don't know why it's so.

That link shows the comparison between the Sentai US and JP releases, not KOR : JP :)