Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date April 23,2013

Purchase here

51EpcSt7OaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Pieter V
Am tempted by this but find movies that are shot originally in 2D are not as good when made to 3D

actually, Titanic turned out to be rather rather impressive in 3D

as so was Lion King by all accounts

Titanic looks great in 3D. You almost forget the movie is from the 90's. I'm very much looking forward to getting this.

From what i read online, Universal has struck a new HD master for the 3D version so that's a USP for me that's worth laying cash down for. Shame the 2D disc is the previous release (similar to what they done with Top Gun 3D on Blu-ray)

I got my advance screening tickets to next weekends opening. Hope it's on the IMAX 3D, or i'm not going to bother and then I'll just go to the IMAX showing. Easily in my top 25 movies.

From what i read online, Universal has struck a new HD master for the 3D version so that's a USP for me that's worth laying cash down for. Shame the 2D disc is the previous release (similar to what they done with Top Gun 3D on Blu-ray)

Was there plans to re-render the CGI as well? I thought I had read somewhere that Universal was going to bring it up to date.

When is this getting an actual cinema release? Just wondering whether to see what the reviews are like before deciding on if I should bite the bullet and buying it?

It is out on April 5th, same date as the BD release.

Really? That's a bit of a strange way to market a film. Surely I would have thought that it would get a cinema release prior to retail.

Cheers for the answer though. Think I'll still wait for the reviews.

Still smarting after getting burned going to see Phantom Menace in 3D :hilarious:

Really? That's a bit of a strange way to market a film. Surely I would have thought that it would get a cinema release prior to retail.

Cheers for the answer though. Think I'll still wait for the reviews.

Still smarting after getting burned going to see Phantom Menace in 3D :hilarious:

I could of told you that you were going to get burned on that one! :hilarious: