Release date: March 28, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £19.99 - £11.99

Part of the Kill Bill by Zavvi:
Vol. 1 - Vol. 2

11229036-1554356504453402.jpg

11229036-4604356504188118.jpg 11229036-9334356504093777.jpg
00.jpg 11229036-1284356504286833.jpg

i saw this on twitter, so maybe we are getting steelbook for one of Quentin Tarantino's movies.
zavvvippoppp.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Are these the completely same steelbooks as they were released in Canada? Well, I wasn't sure what to expect from Zavvi this time, but I really had hope. That's just a letdown, although I really like the artworks.

This is a completely different design to the Canadian one......

Kill Bill Vol 1 CA Steelbook Front.JPG Kill Bill Vol 1 CA Steelbook Back.JPG Kill Bill Vol 1 CA Steelbook Inside.JPG

This new Zavvi one may even be glossy with embossing.....

How dreadfully disappointing, I thought this was going to be a never released one.

I've got the original double kill bill steelbook with much nicer artwork, no interest in this.

Shame (n)

Oh right. I wasn't aware it was released again since.

Must've missed that! Thanks :thumbs:
No worries mate... it's easy to lose track with the amount of re-releases we get nowadays. To be honest, I'd forgotten how different the 2010 release was to the 2013 one until you posted those photos... I have the 2010 versions with the blu banner along the top, so I guess I could still be tempted to get these if they drop to £5 at some point.

They look nice, I was hoping for IB like most but oh well maybe in the future.

Price is high for my liking giving the 1 and 2 steelbook went for less before selling out. I want to get these releases since I never got the first Zavvi release but I can sit and wait patiently for the price to drop a bit. I can't see this going anywhere so soon. £7.99 or £8.99 and I'll snap them up.

No worries mate... it's easy to lose track with the amount of re-releases we get nowadays. To be honest, I'd forgotten how different the 2010 release was to the 2013 one until you posted those photos... I have the 2010 versions with the blu banner along the top, so I guess I could still be tempted to get these if they drop to £5 at some point.
Yeah I'm happy with my 2010 edition. Nice spot glossing on it too.

I really like this artwork and with a gloss finish it would be definite improvement over the existing releases. I don't know whether it is worthwhile upgrading from the Canadian editions though since they are so similar.

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
I really like this artwork and with a gloss finish it would be definite improvement over the existing releases. I don't know whether it is worthwhile upgrading from the Canadian editions though since they are so similar.

Would be nice if they are gloss

So on this release of Kill Bill zavvi are EXCLUSIVELY not including vol. 2...... Brilliant :D

Goes live tomorrow

Think it will be the standard release
Think you can only get the full colour version in Japan.
Although the the DVD does work in the UK.
I own the DVD box set with the t shirt and kill bill bear toy and the DVD fully works on my ps3 and has the colour fight. It also has some extended / deleted scenes too apparently

Yeah I have the *** boxset, and have no interest in any format version of this now unless it's Quentins full uncut version on bluray.

If I'm not mistaken all Studio Canal catalogue releases have had a gloss finish. The previously released double set I got for around £10 - that'll do fine.

It's so boring when films that have been released in steelbook get re-released again when there is so many films never been released. This is a ridiculously lazy cash in, no thanks :wtf:

Well that's a disappointment another Kill Bill 1 & 2 release in the UK and this one is going to be seperate for each movie, :wacky: I heard there is a side story, it's called Kill Zavvi. :p

Reactions: psychoscot