Apocalypto
I Spit on Your Grave
I Spit on Your Grave 2
Stepfather , +2, +3
Last Boy Scout
Lock Up
True Lies
King Arthur

I'd love to see several films getting the Kimchi treatment.

I'm not that familiar with korean movies ( have only seen the better-known ones like Oldboy or I Saw the Devil), so I will not give any suggestions here.

But films like The Golden Child, The Green Mile, Sleepy Hollow, L.A. Confidential or Donnie Darko definitely deserve a steelbook treatment. Or just take some of the Ghibli movies, since I really don't like the UK releases.

Besides, I'd love to see the Lord of the Rings (the released steels do these films no justice), the Indiana Jones trilogy (Zavvi??) or the Star Wars original trilogy getting a triple box set. Just think about a three steelbook pack, with a slicover or slipbox for every single steel inside a box. I'd be all over it.

L.A.confidetial, No steelbook released yet ?

people complained kimchi always release catalogue title. :(

sent from Galaxy S4

---------- Post added at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 AM ----------

need to update memento in exclusive line.

sent from Galaxy S4

I'd rather have quality catalogue releases than 'awesome' new releases like GI Joe 2. :p
One of the reasons I prefer KimchiDVD to Blufans.

L.A.confidetial, No steelbook released yet ?

people complained kimchi always release catalogue title. :(

sent from Galaxy S4

---------- Post added at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 AM ----------

need to update memento in exclusive line.

sent from Galaxy S4

The people complaining are people who don't even buy Kimchi steelbooks in the first place. They just like to drop in and make everybody else's life miserable.

Just look at the facts: Terminator 2 - SOLD OUT, LGB - SOLD OUT, Monsters Inc. - SOLD OUT, Tangled - SOLD OUT, Leon - SOLD OUT, Amelie - both lenticulars and the tri-pack SOLD OUT (type A will be probably sell out soon), The Pianist - lenticular SOLD OUT (and the preorders haven't even been up a full week, I expect the full slip will sell out before the release date)

So maybe people complain, but the titles are still selling. Great movies are great movies; it doesn't matter if they were released 20 years ago or 20 days ago. All we want are nice collectible editions of some of the greatest movies.

Especially for those catalogue films that have never seen a steelbook release from anywhere in the world before. Look through this thread and also check HDN's Most Wanted Steelbooks for movies that people want to buy and don't have steelbooks for, yet. Produce a steelbook for one of those desired films and watch the orders come.

Don't let the haters discourage you!

Last edited by a moderator:
The people complaining are people who don't even buy Kimchi steelbooks in the first place. They just like to drop in and make everybody else's life miserable.

Just look at the facts: Terminator 2 - SOLD OUT, LGB - SOLD OUT, Monsters Inc. - SOLD OUT, Tangled - SOLD OUT, Leon - SOLD OUT, Amelie - both lenticulars and the tri-pack SOLD OUT (type A will be probably sell out soon), The Pianist - lenticular SOLD OUT (and the preorders haven't even been up a full week, I expect the full slip will sell out before the release date)

So maybe people complain, but the titles are still selling. Great movies are great movies; it doesn't matter if they were released 20 years ago or 20 days ago. All we want are nice collectible editions of some of the greatest movies.

Especially for those catalogue films that have never seen a steelbook release from anywhere in the world before. Look through this thread and also check HDN's Most Wanted Steelbooks for movies that people want to buy and don't have steelbooks for, yet. Produce a steelbook for one of those desired films and watch the orders come.

Don't let the haters discourage you!

citizen-kane-clapping.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I get tired of hearing the same trolls over and over on this site bashing KimchiDVD. They are in the best of the best retailers worldwide IMO. Tony works his ass off. He cares a lot about this hobby. IF you don't like kimchi then go somewhere else. In other words, "If you have nothing good to say, Say nothing".

Tony and Kimchi crew you rock!!!

P.S. I want to see Kimchi do Zoolander.

Killer is excellent, and what about a few jackie chan classics from his early days.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I would like to see a "proper" Dredd 3D steelbook releasesd. I know the JP one is loved but the streaky matte finish, lack of 3D, katakana on spine and credits on the FRONT cover kills it for me. I know Kimchi woud do a fab job with a Dredd steel, Lenti and all

I wished kimchi had chosen Dallas Buyers Club over Wolf of Wall Street as it's equally as good a film and Wolf of Wall Street has already got three releases do we really need a fourth?

I agree. I would also like to see them do 12 Years A Slave. Both of these movies should be done by Kimchi/PA.

Reactions: snooloui