Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
Paris, France
Release date : 06/26/2014
Purchase link : Fnac.com

La-Belle-et-la-bete.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a medium! Two months ago :ninja: :

On this beautiful Saturday morning, after going to the theater (to watch Beauty and the Beast, which btw was quite alright and it'd make for a great steelbook),

That's the best poster, and gloss would make it superb. :hidefninja:

You might say it was obvious since this film is typical steelbook material, I'd say Pathé don't usually make steelbooks (they're in the digibook business) and steelbooks of French films are rare enough.

Merci pour l'info, Hooltra, I'll purchase it. The film is no classic but it's a good film, I want to support French fantasy films and steelbooks of French films — even though I didn't get Casse-tête chinois (Chinese Puzzle) because the previous two, L'auberge espagnole and Les poupées russes, didn't have steelbooks of their own :(.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if it at least has English subtitles since I guess they speak French in the movie right? And does FNAC ship to US?

It's a french movie, distributed in France by a local company: I doubt it will have other subs than french, and it will be region locked (B, of course) for sure

It's a french movie, distributed in France by a local company: I doubt it will have other subs than french, and it will be region locked (B, of course) for sure

No, here's one of the latest Pathé releases (March 12) that I own, the Quai d'Orsay digibook :

KwmvhK.jpg

As you can see, it's region free and it has English subtitles, and btw it's a very good, fast-paced political comedy that I warmly recommand :).

And here's an exhaustive list of French films released on Blu-ray with English subtitles over the past 7 months :

9 mois ferme (English & Spanish subs, region B), from French distributor Wild Bunch. Awesome comedy.

Mea Culpa (English subs, region free), from Gaumont. Awesome action thriller.

Le clan des Siciliens - digibook (English, German, Spanish, Italien, Mandarin subs, region free), from 20th Century Fox. A true cult classic.

En solitaire (English subs, region free), from Gaumont. Great adventure drama.

Pour une femme (English subs, region B), from Universal.

Les Misérables - digibook (English subs, region B), from Pathé.

Une si jolie petite plage - digibook (English subs, region B), from Pathé.

La fièvre monte à El Pao - digibook (English subs, region B), from Pathé.

La reine Margot - digibook (English subs, region B), from Pathé.

Le gang - digibook (English subs, region B), from Pathé.

Le grand blond avec une chaussure noire (English subs, region free), from Gaumont.

Le retour du grand blond (English subs, region free), from Gaumont.

Cuisine et dépendances (English subs, region free), from Gaumont.

Les garçons et Guillaume, à table ! (English subs, region free), from Gaumont. Writer/director/star (playing himself and his mother) Guillaume Galienne won 5 Césars with this big success.

http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00HDEEU48/?tag=hidefnin0a-21 (English subs, region free), from Gaumont. Based on the popular 1965 TV show.

A couple of others are coming soon too :

- Avis de mistral.

- L'amour est un crime parfait.

And especially Diplomatie, a great, dramatic face off between two great actors on the night Hitler decided to destroy Paris).

And Pathé isn't just a local company, it's the second oldest cinema company in the world still active, second only to Gaumont, which is the oldest cinema company period, both of which active outside of France.

Long story short, Pathé is doing La belle et la bête, and 3 months ago their release of Quai d'Orsay was region free with English subtitles. I'm not saying it'll be the same here, but there's a good enough chance it will be :).

And TNGuyen : FNAC.com does ship to the US. Some will say they received amarays when they ordered steelbooks, personally I never had any problem with their website and I think the mix-ups are more likely to occur when it's very early pre-orders with pages subjected to change. But overall you'll probably get a better service by waiting for a Group Buy if there's enough interest ;).

It's €20, and the website says €5 are credited on the FNAC card for this purchase, so technically it's only be €15, that's quite interesting :).

Last edited: