Lars Von Trier - A Curzon Collection (Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (Curzon Film) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 25, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £139.99

81+UB56rkRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg81rT7BOh5kL._AC_SL1500_.jpg91RoiMIrssL._AC_SL1500_.jpg91DTO8tAtmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg911t7xRXPeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
COLLECTOR'S EDITION *

This comprehensive collector’s edition includes 14 Blu-rays of the provocateur’s most celebrated films, among them 7 restorations, that span his Europe Trilogy and Dogme 95 years right up to the present. The collection also comprises an exclusive 68-page booklet of new essays, 4 collectible posters, over 18 hours of special features and more.

Known for his restless technical innovation and rebellious approach, Lars von Trier’s work has confronted taboo subjects and existential problems of the human condition with both thorny, troubled intelligence and puckish humour. Having courted ardent fans and enemies in equal measure during his nearly 40-year career, this extensive collection of works from one of world cinema's most renowned and daring provocateurs features films from his Europe Trilogy years (The Element of Crime, Epidemic, Europa), Dogme 95 (The Idiots, Breaking the Waves) and beyond (Melancholia, Antichrist, Dogville), including the Director's Cut of Nymphomaniac.

14 Blu-ray collector set including 7 restored films

4 collectible posters and 1 wide poster of the cover illustration by Daniele Castellano

68-page booklet including new essays by Slavoj Zizek, Catherine Wheatley, Steven Ryder and more.

2 Digipaks and hardcover slipcase in a canvas Curzon Collection slipcase

FEATURE FILMS

The Orchid Gardener (short 1978)*

The Element of Crime (1984) - 3K Restoration

Epidemic (1987) - 3K Restoration

Medea (1988)**

Europa (1991) - 4K Restoration

Breaking the Waves (1996) - 4K Restoration

The Idiots (1998) - 4K Restoration

Dogville (2003) - 3K Restoration

The Five Obstructions (2003)

Manderlay (2005)

The Boss of it All (2006) - 4K Restoration

Antichrist (2009)

Melancholia (2011)

Nymphomaniac: The Director’s Cut - Volumes I & II (2013)

The House that Jack Built (2018)

( * )Included in The Five Obstructions disc

(* *) Included in Epidemic disc

SPECIAL FEATURES

Over 18 hours of special features including interviews with Lars von Trier and cast, commentaries, behind-the-scenes, featurettes, casting tapes, extended and deleted scenes, and theatrical trailers.

Illustration by Daniele Castellano
Design by Andrew Bannister

Release is just over a month away, so hopefully it won't go OOS in that time and the 10% code works on Zavvi.

Nice looking set but I'd only really be buying it for the Depression Trilogy and The House That Jack Built, and would prefer 4K's.

Looks like there are 4K editions of individual titles coming.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: walkintom
I'm also wondering: Is The House That Jack Built going to be the unrated cut? I only saw that one since it was the only one distributed in theaters in Germany. But as far as I know there was a wider release for (at least) the US market that was edited down a bit.