UK
Release date: November 4th, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon.ca
hmv.ca

81cQMQ0kzCL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpg
Just arrived. Good news is that Amazon Canada seem to have discovered boxes. First time not in a jiffy bag from them.
However, the steelbook itself is rather an insipid yellow. Was hoping it would match the Snatch kind of. Dunno if the pic shows the colour clearly but its sort of a goldy off yellow.
Not opening yet so no more pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 148
Don't know why the UK doesn't already have a Steelbook of this? One of the most influential British movies of all time.

Does this release have the same picture quality as the woeful UK disc or is there a remaster?

Don't know why the UK doesn't already have a Steelbook of this? One of the most influential British movies of all time.

Does this release have the same picture quality as the woeful UK disc or is there a remaster?

have to admit the PQ on this is quite bad for a blu-ray and imho could do with going over again but is watchable but shame :bag:

basil:thumbs:

Reactions: BluSteel2012
@ricster, can you tell me is there any difference in the quality of the PQ on this disc or is it the same transfer as the UK?

I watched it this morning. It's a vc-1 encode. Quite a high bitrate in places. 40.5mbps in some places. But I think the source material isn't the best. Don't get me wrong, glad I've got the blu ray but not much improvement for the picture. Sound is better greatly due to I can finally hear a sub bass track which the dvd was lacking.

I'm going to try and see if universal released this on dtheater dvhs cause the moron at universal turned up the edge enhancement to 11 again,

Went by the nearest one to my work. Never been there before, really.. odd Wal-Mart. Anyways, none to be had. But i'll be passing 2 more in my travels today, so no worries fellow ninjas.