Lone Survivor (4K Blu-ray SteelBook) (Astro Creations Exclusive 001) [UK]

Miffed

Ginger Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Guildford, England
Release date: April 2024
Purchase links: Slim Slip Edition - XL Slip Edition (Pre-order on November 24, at 8 PM - GMT)
Price: £24.99 (Slim Slip Edition) - £44.99 (XL Slip Edition)
Notes: WEA SteelBook, 3K Print Run - Numbered Slim Slip Edition limited to 1200 - XL Slip Edition limited to 1800

380739115_878609903792567_4542752893804772421_n.jpg 384557611_349943481049141_6897853089237001952_n.jpgFB_IMG_1700481021178.jpg
384573667_990990995325618_3992189068536960081_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Having bought a lot of the mans work I can attest to its great quality. Yes, people will need to be patient as he is doing all he can considering in the main he is a one man band. However to compare him to those jokers at cinemuseum without having even bought from him is just ludicrous.

If the CM comment is aimed at me then I’m afraid you haven’t read what I posted properly. I’ve not compared Astro Creations and this Dan fella to CM at all
He's done some fine unofficial custom packages in the past, namely for the lost boy's, bloodsport and demolition man, all work of the highest quality. He gave up his job to do this full time, It's his passion.

I think everyone should give him a fair go before writing him off as being some sort of bootleg dealing shyster. You won't regret it.
Again, never called him bootleg. However coming from customs to official releases but on your own website can give off that impression. Only a handful of you here know who he is so of course that’s going to be asked. Everyone thought CM were bootlegging originally. And some even think blufans are bootleg.

It seemed quite clear from that original message titled full licensed retail release that’s it not bootleg but you can never be sure at the same time. Nothing wrong with asking (even though it’s going to oddly upset the few guys that know him and have used him) Plus the guy came in here last night and cleared a bunch of stuff up anyway.

This is where my CM comment came from. That regardless of how official they are, They’ve always given off a bootleg vibe

Alot of people won't know him of course. Some will especially in certain social media circles in the UK.
I've met him several times and I have several of his custom steelbooks.
One of the main reasons I posted was to increase knowledge of him and his product. I've been really impressed with how he's left a good job and started this business up and hope he does well so wanted to help by posting.
That’s good to hear. I would like to see what his Midsommar is like In hand that’s on his store. Like I said I’m looking forward to seeing what else he chooses. And hopefully a film and artworks that more floats my boat. For the 3rd time, good luck to the fella

What? Sorry but how can you get angry at that comment but then try to be normal with me about the name change? Weird

It’s as if you’ve taken the comment about knowing him because you only know him over social media lol. Which is an odd thing to take personally :rofl:

And not doing the back to the future trilogy is probably a good thing tbh.

Do you live up your own arse or just on vacation there?
So... living up there.

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
Definitely has a citizenship. :naughty:
Citizenship? I’m the f**king president!

Of my own ar$ehole anyway...
For sure, here's my 'depression' playlist:

Nice. Radiohead are one of my favourite bands. Others that aren’t a fan think their music is depressing. When it’s the complete opposite

Same for Cure, smiths, Joy division etc etc etc etc

Reactions: Lenny Nero
@Flloydo

My comments were not aimed at you in particular just the general narrative that seems to be building up. I just wanted to make it clear to people they are dealing with someone they can trust. It's all good :thumbs:
Sweet. Because my point was without knowing too much info you have to be curious or it can come across that way when official or well know retailers aren’t involved.
And like I said some new people still ask this about blufans. And with CM there’s all that shady business about stealing art etc and not originally paying artists.

So it’s fine to ask these questions. (Even though I didn’t ask in this instance). But some take offence or get offended by something that they shouldn’t really be just because they’ve bought something before and feel like they are apart of this new company lol.

And he seems like a sound dude. I nearly posted last night maybe he should join and answer some questions instead of ridiculous ambiguous posts about what they know and seen and then he commented so imo it’s all good.
And I look forward to seeing what he does after lone survivor along with the in hand shots of this eventually.
They could also sway me which is what originally happened to me with Manta. Hated their man of steel mockups etc. Then the real shots changed me and I’ve been a supporter ever since but also not been biased when they have f**ked up or made a poor product like a dud lenti.

Reactions: crib79
All power to him for giving it a go, it's the best live action Lemmings adaptation I know of, apart from the Disney snuff atrocity. If he can maintain that price point and achieve a bit more scope in upcoming licences it could really be a winner.

I’ve been a fan of Dan for a while, not bought any customs off him so far and even though I’m not a massive fan of the film I’m in, just to support where this could go.
EB started off pretty rough but they’ve done ok, how they survive the split is another question.

Reactions: samdavies
Release date: TBA
Purchase links: Slim Slip Edition - XL Slip Edition (Pre-order date TBA)
Price: £24.99 (Slim Slip Edition) - £44.99 (XL Slip Edition)
Notes: WEA Steelbook, 3K Print Run - Numbered Slim Slip Edition limited to 1200 - XL Slip Edition limited to 1800

View attachment 567866 View attachment 567865

View attachment 567867
I've been getting custom Steelbooks from him since 2021 and his work is phenomenal. Delighted that his first retail title is imminent and know there'll be many more. Congrtulations.

I've been getting custom Steelbooks from him since 2021 and his work is phenomenal. Delighted that his first retail title is imminent and know there'll be many more. Congrtulations.
I agree. Just a note to any prior custom steel customers, these steelbooks will be produced by scanavo (like any other), and not custom made.