Mary and the Witch’s Flower (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: September 10, 2018
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £19.99 - £17.99 (Amazon) - £18.99 - £21.99 (Zavvi)

81F9+MT6JEL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
same here, came in a bubble envelope. confused me.

even more confused when I opened the package and saw the script is just placed on the back of the steel, with only the paper j card keeping them together.

really pointless and lazy. would it bankrupt publishers to make a full slip, or even an O-ring to at least create the illusion of a package/set... instead what you get is a steel and a scrip that looks like its a freebee they had laying around the office.

they should take tips from Korean publishers, who show so much pride in how they present the product. just don't see that here.

other than that, the steel is good

Last edited:
got my copy today and surprise, surprise ...there is a dent on the front.
glad I can contact the proffesional and competent zavvi customer service :rolleyes:

Really nice how this one turned out. Full gloss is where it’s at

Waiting for a sale then I’ll likely pick this up as I’m a huge fan of the film

happy days. :) nice film, and it's a lovely steel. no embossing, but gloss and a good wrap-around image. i'll come on to the j-card/script...

first off, managed to arrive undented despite being heavier with the script and zavvi's mystifying return to bubble mailers. unwrapped shots:
the steelbook is lovely, and it does have the art cards inside, which may part-account for their ultimate decision to externalise the script (?!). i like the fact they include drawings and sketches:
that j-card - it's specially made to reach around the external script, and kept in place with a transparaent band:
the script is a nice addition, well printed on good stock and perfect bound, but that gets offset by being outside. would have been better to thinner print and staple to fit inside above or below the artcards. itis easy to forget how mad some Ghibli/Ponoc ideas are when watching, as you get swept up, but on print it's somehow more obvious:
recommended if you were still hovering on that trigger finger. :thumbs:
giphy.gif

Thanks for the pics everyone.
Seconded. I held off getting this because I wasn't sure how the script book would be incorporated. It seemed really odd to have a book as an extra feature when it wouldn't fit inside, so I did start to wonder if this would be some sort of thicker steelbook. It reminds me of my Doctor Who Season 5 steelbook that had a transparent band around the whole thing to keep the postcards and booklet attached.

Arrived in Amazon's ****** packaging, actually calling it a packaging is being nice, was in an envelope :LOL:

Miraculously survived with a small paint chip on one of the corners. Meh.

IMG_2270.jpg