Now Streaming Masters of the Air (Limited Series) [Apple TV+]

Space Cadet

[ sexy wolfchild ]
BANNED
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Masters of the Air is an upcoming American war drama streaming television miniseries for Apple TV+. It is based on the 2007 book of the same name by Donald L. Miller and follows the actions of the 100th Bombardment Group of the United States Army Air Forces during World War II. The series serves as a sequel to Band of Brothers (2001) and The Pacific (2010). It is also the first series to be produced by Apple Studios, in cooperation with Playtone and Amblin Television.

Näyttökuva 2023-08-25 152322.jpg

Reactions: TheWildEye
Actually a very high quality miniseries. Not a lot of action, some CGI, but a powerful story, last episode especially. Very unusual to see now scenes from it, where Jewish, American, and Russian people were working united, when nowadays Israel is involved in their own genocide, and Russia turned into nazis themselves. So wishing for the end of current wars, sooner and with lesser consequences, than were depicted here.
At the very end a few minutes were given to show real photos of actual people the story was based on, which I always like to see and read what happened to them later in life. Well, seems as if with all of that generation dead, everyone else forgot and is making the same mistakes again...

Actually a very high quality miniseries. Not a lot of action, some CGI, but a powerful story, last episode especially. Very unusual to see now scenes from it, where Jewish, American, and Russian people were working united, when nowadays Israel is involved in their own genocide, and Russia turned into nazis themselves. So wishing for the end of current wars, sooner and with lesser consequences, than were depicted here.
At the very end a few minutes were given to show real photos of actual people the story was based on, which I always like to see and read what happened to them later in life. Well, seems as if with all of that generation dead, everyone else forgot and is making the same mistakes again...

Brave post man. :thumbs:

How much Gung Ho American uber alles this series has ? I can stand only so much. :rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: Lenny Nero
How much Gung Ho American uber alles this series has ? I can stand only so much. :rofl:
Not much, maybe none at all. There's even a couple of conversations among pilots whether it's alright them bombing a German area with a church, and it shows the suffering of regular German people as well. So it's pretty honest and balanced, no gung ho propaganda.

• Informative
Reactions: Space Cadet
Not much, maybe none at all. There's even a couple of conversations among pilots whether it's alright them bombing a German area with a church, and it shows the suffering of regular German people as well. So it's pretty honest and balanced, no gung ho propaganda.

Bu-but they are so pretty ... :naughty: :rofl:

Screenshot 2024-03-14 130225.png

I’m not trying to start a political discussion, but to your last point: I saw a study a year or two ago that found a majority of US high school students now believe the Holocaust is overblown or never happened. There is a whole long discussion to be had for why that’s the case, but that’s not for this forum.

I agree with you re. MofA and loved the final episode. Right after it ended l watched the documentary narrated by Tom Hanks, which was excellent and a nice coda for the series.

Reactions: Lenny Nero