Upcoming Neuromancer [Apple TV+]

Space Cadet

[ sexy wolfchild ]
BANNED
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
The classic 1980s sci-fi novel from William Gibson, Neuromancer is finally headed to the small screen with a just announced TV series from Apple TV+, THR reports today.
THR reports, “The tech giant and streamer has handed out a 10-episode series order to the drama based on the 1984 cyberpunk novel that launched Gibson’s career and the so-called Sprawl trilogy that also includes novels Count Zero (1986) and Mona Lisa Overdrive (1988).”
Graham Roland (“Dark Winds”) and JD Dillard (“The Twilight Zone”) created the series for Apple TV+, a co-production between Skydance Television and Anonymous Content.
Roland will serve as the showrunner, with Dillard directing the pilot.
In the series, “a damaged, top-rung super-hacker named Case is thrust into a web of digital espionage and high stakes crime with his partner Molly, a razor-girl assassin with mirrored eyes, aiming to pull a heist on a corporate dynasty with untold secrets.”
“We’re incredibly excited to be bringing this iconic property to Apple TV+,” said creators and executive producers Roland and Dillard. “Since we became friends nearly 10 years ago, we’ve looked for something to team up on, so this collaboration marks a dream come true. Neuromancer has inspired so much of the science fiction that’s come after it and we’re looking forward to bringing television audiences into Gibson’s definitive ‘cyberpunk’ world.”
Singer Drake’s DreamCrew Entertainment is also on board to produce.

OMFG! This could be the greatest thing since... Total Recall TV series!
I actually think Apple's streaming service is the best right now, they got Foundation, Silo, For All Mankind, and most recently, watching and liking now, Constellation with Noomi Rapace.
There was also Severance, See, Black Bird, Slow Horses, Shyamalan's Servant, Liason with Eva Green!
I loved Lessons in Chemistry, The Morning Show, Mythic Quest, Shrinking and Platonic.
Now there's a third Spielberg/Hanks series Masters of the Air... airing now.
I have high hopes and I think they could provide a good budget for it, without it looking too fake and animated.

Reactions: Space Cadet
OMFG! This could be the greatest thing since... Total Recall TV series!
I actually think Apple's streaming service is the best right now, they got Foundation, Silo, For All Mankind, and most recently, watching and liking now, Constellation with Noomi Rapace.
There was also Severance, See, Black Bird, Slow Horses, Shyamalan's Servant, Liason with Eva Green!
I loved Lessons in Chemistry, The Morning Show, Mythic Quest, Shrinking and Platonic.
Now there's a third Spielberg/Hanks series Masters of the Air... airing now.
I have high hopes and I think they could provide a good budget for it, without it looking too fake and animated.

I love Constellation too. Don't get the hate. Also hope S2 for Severance.

Reactions: Lenny Nero